User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie said during Live in Boston or during one of my 2004 Tour Bootlegs before doing Beautiful Child "They let me do it this time".

Who pushed for Stand Back? I can see Lindsey being the one because it's uptempo and was perfect for going into GYOW
Oh Stevie the victim....again. She’s the first person to offer up the “we have to stick with the hits” BS every time the topic of set lists comes up.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I truly believe that if $he had never joined FM, that $he'd be a happier person. Fame and fortune don't necessarily equate with happiness. Now $he's a slave to those, by her own hand.
Her practice of guilt tripping Fleetwood Mac tours is beyond frustrating. She doesn’t have the balls to decline them because let’s face it, she enjoys the attention, drama, and money. She then proceeds to complain about them both during and after they happen.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh Stevie the victim....again. She’s the first person to offer up the “we have to stick with the hits” BS every time the topic of set lists comes up.
Right, I highly doubt that most of the rarities that were pulled out were actually Stevie’s idea nor that she had to fight very hard. I remember reading that Mick pushed for Sisters for a long time before they played it in 2013. But now that was part of her anti Lindsey mantra. Mean Lindsey never let her sing Black Magic Woman before!!!

Drop Dreams and replace it with IDWK, Angel, or That’s Alright. Take Landslide out and toss in When I See You Again
Old 04-04-2021, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her practice of guilt tripping Fleetwood Mac tours is beyond frustrating. She doesn’t have the balls to decline them because let’s face it, she enjoys the attention, drama, and money. She then proceeds to complain about them both during and after they happen.
She’s a 73 year old with the maturity of a high school sophomore.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I truly believe that if $he had never joined FM, that $he'd be a happier person. Fame and fortune don't necessarily equate with happiness. Now $he's a slave to those, by her own hand.
Quote:
I know she'd have succeed even if she hadn't joined FM because let's face it, she was born to be a star. The cost she paid is a different story though.
I think at first she wanted the fame and fortune more than actually being recognized as a well-respected singer/songwriter, and that's why she joined the band. In fact I'm not so sure she ever wanted the recognition from peers and critics. I never read any interview complaining about it.

She's probably now at 73 realizing what she lost in the process, but I'm not so sure about that either.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I know she'd have succeed even if she hadn't joined FM because let's face it, she was born to be a star. The cost she paid is a different story though.
I think at first she wanted the fame and fortune more than actually being recognized as a well-respected singer/songwriter, and that's why she joined the band. In fact I'm not so sure she ever wanted the recognition from peers and critics. I never read any interview complaining about it.

She's probably now at 73 realizing what she lost in the process, but I'm not so sure about that either.
When you surround yourself by a paid YES STAFF, they can do a lot of convincing you, of how wonderful you are.

But in her heart of hearts, I'll bet $he knows. I actually do feel a LITTLE bit sorry for her.