The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-07-2020, 08:37 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post


Thoughts on solo band members: near term, Neale, Brett, Jimmy (if available). 5-8 years - room for new directions.

Did health scare change his outlook on life or music : the last three years - separation from FM, deep irony of his dismissal and damage to legacy - something so minimal causing it. Then bypass surgery now pandemic - led him to realize without or with… See More

During pandemic: new album finished before pandemic. Some writing now, not as much as normally would, unsure why. Antenna up (humming things into voice mail). Something will kick in in coming year, cyclical thing.


[/I]
5-8 years he'll be looking at age 80!!

What's the "See more"? was it a link to more of his answer to this question? Seems like it's incomplete

One would imagine he would be impacted by the lethargy and discombobulation caused by the pandemic like everyone else, which would make writing harder.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-07-2020, 09:28 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,483
Default

That's great to hear he still has a relationship with Neale. I met Neale in 2011 and was such a nice man. He actually told me not to get back surgery because they cut you up in your guts or something

I remember when Neale shared a message to The Ledge after the UK SWS Tour was cancelled!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-08-2020, 04:56 AM
lbfan lbfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 490
Default Events of the Past Few Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
5-8 years he'll be looking at age 80!!

What's the "See more"? was it a link to more of his answer to this question? Seems like it's incomplete
Conclusion of note: With or without music, family is what is really important.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-08-2020, 02:32 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Conclusion of note: With or without music, family is what is really important.
ah... thanks for that!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-10-2020, 02:41 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,615
Default

Someone who was at Q&A posted a video of the end of the Q&A when everyone is thanking Lindsey and yelling stuff like release a single and its so adorable. He smiles like a little boy and everyone is so happy. Definitely puts a smile on your face! ❤️
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-10-2020, 06:24 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
John Lewis you mean.

#goodtrouble
Michelle is saying a joke in that.
I got it but some may not

At least that what I got out of it. She was being very clever or accidently clever
Thanks for the rehash of the Q & A
__________________
I never wanted to be a hot dog or box of kleenex for Halloween

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-10-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-10-2020, 08:05 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Michelle is saying a joke in that.
I got it but some may not

At least that what I got out of it. She was being very clever or accidently clever
i don't get it.

i get the part re SN dreaming about civil rights leaders. but LB mentioned good trouble. not sure what else he said.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:56 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
  #38  
Old 12-11-2020, 06:56 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't get it.

i get the part re SN dreaming about civil rights leaders. but LB mentioned good trouble. not sure what else he said.
I saw it as a joke because when John Lewis died, there were several idiot US Senators (Marco Rubio) and other congressmen who tweeted their condolences to Lewis but tweeted the photo of Cunningham. This caused quite a stir of course.
I took it that Michelle was taking a swipe at Stevie of her casual interest in things along the same path of people confusing Lewis with Cunningham. Maybe that was not her intent but Michelle is extremely clever so I expect it was making fun of Stevie and her relationship with the facts and casual interest in US history and civil rights leaders in her new song.

Here is one the articles that happened that day:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/marc...ry?id=71861129
__________________
I never wanted to be a hot dog or box of kleenex for Halloween

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-11-2020 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-11-2020, 09:19 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw it as a joke because when John Lewis died, there were several idiot US Senators (Marco Rubio) and other congressmen who tweeted their condolences to Lewis but tweeted the photo of Cunningham. This caused quite a stir of course.
I took it that Michelle was taking a swipe at Stevie of her casual interest in things along the same path of people confusing Lewis with Cunningham.
Elijah Cummings. yes, i remember those idiotic tweets. and SN talking dreaming about civil rights leaders she doesn't name in her song. double joke maybe you are saying? lol y'all are too clever for me!

Lindsey said good trouble but i was not sure whether he also said something that's a reminder of Rep Cummings that Michele referred to.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Elijah Cummings. yes, i remember those idiotic tweets. and SN talking dreaming about civil rights leaders she doesn't name in her song. double joke maybe you are saying? lol y'all are too clever for me!

Lindsey said good trouble but i was not sure whether he also said something that's a reminder of Rep Cummings that Michele referred to.
We will have to wait for Michelle for the official ruling. Like I said, she is very clever so I got the joke. But if it was by accident, she was accidently funny.

I am putting my money on it being an intentional joke
Very clever btw

The phrase Good Trouble is exclusively linked to John Lewis. So no doubt what Lindsey meant. I take it Michelle was poking fun at Stevie and the stupidity of some invoking their "knowledge" of cultural references in the civil rights era.
__________________
I never wanted to be a hot dog or box of kleenex for Halloween

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-11-2020 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-11-2020, 11:17 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We will have to wait for Michelle for the official ruling. Like I said, she is very clever so I got the joke. But if it was by accident, she was accidently funny.

I am putting my money on it being an intentional joke
Very clever btw

The phrase Good Trouble is exclusively linked to John Lewis. So no doubt what Lindsey meant. I take it Michelle was poking fun at Stevie and the stupidity of some invoking their "knowledge" of cultural references in the civil rights era.
Haha we overanalyzed / ran this one into the ground havent we?!
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-12-2020, 02:10 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,615
Heart end of Q&A

__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-13-2020, 05:56 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Elijah Cummings. yes, i remember those idiotic tweets. and SN talking dreaming about civil rights leaders she doesn't name in her song. double joke maybe you are saying? lol y'all are too clever for me!

Lindsey said good trouble but i was not sure whether he also said something that's a reminder of Rep Cummings that Michele referred to.
No I was just referring to good trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-15-2020, 10:47 PM
GypsyVisions GypsyVisions is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 86
Default

I thought the questions were pretty good (nothing too cringe).

I was thinking about how Lindsey said he wasnt writing a lot at the moment. I bet the interaction with his fans and the concert from home helps put him into that creative mindset.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-16-2020, 02:44 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyVisions View Post
I thought the questions were pretty good (nothing too cringe).

I was thinking about how Lindsey said he wasnt writing a lot at the moment. I bet the interaction with his fans and the concert from home helps put him into that creative mindset.
you'd think too that he'd have a decent backlog of stuff......
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


ULTRA RARE:mislabeled Billy Burnette/Beat Farmers PROMO record picture

ULTRA RARE:mislabeled Billy Burnette/Beat Farmers PROMO record

$7.99



Billy Burnette vinyl album picture

Billy Burnette vinyl album

$7.00



Billy Burnette - Memphis in Manhattan [New CD] picture

Billy Burnette - Memphis in Manhattan [New CD]

$16.86



Billy Burnette - White Label PROMO picture

Billy Burnette - White Label PROMO

$9.99



Billy Burnette ‎– Try Me(Vinyl, LP, Album)PROMO NEW SEALED,GOLD STAMP picture

Billy Burnette ‎– Try Me(Vinyl, LP, Album)PROMO NEW SEALED,GOLD STAMP

$20.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved