Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2021, 02:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default "Street Angel" album discussion podcast

What happens when you mix 1994, crimped hair, David Crosby, Bob Dylan, and a laundromat? Street Angel of course. And we talked about it for three and a half hours!

Dig in!

https://youtu.be/fgqLGiQ6FjM
Old 05-12-2021, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks again Jeremy for having me on. It was 3 and a half hours of laughter and learning a few new things. I try to be informative myself. I am ready for the next one.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It may not be the most beloved album of Stevie's career, but listen to the voice on the tour, and the album for that matter- House of Blues for example, the strength and tone is incredible. She turns in consistently wonderful vocals. Early 90's from the BTM tour to Rick Vito's solo album, were among the best of her career, so strong and smooth. I'm in the camp of loving the album despite its flaws. Two or three bad song choices and poorly placed background vocals which are annoying. Blue Denim, Greta, Kick It and Listen to the Rain are all great, part of the vocal on the title track is quite good. Docklands was just not the right song for her and Love is Like a River needed serious work to make it the great song that lied beneath the poor performance. I don't get the hate for Just Like A Woman- she is clear voiced and smooth throughout. Alicia on the forum made an excellent point about Jane, with the amazing chorus she could've blended in several strong Janes beside Goodall- Wyman, Mansfield, the Jane in the Starship song et al to make a great tribute to the amazing Janes throughout history and thus not worry about the forgotten chimpanzee as Jane Goodall made sure they weren't forgotten.

Last edited by On Ice; 05-13-2021 at 10:30 AM..
Old 05-13-2021, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Honourable mention goes to the 1992 Mirror Mirror, just epic and would've raised Street Angel's profile for sure.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the discussions and watched all 3.5 hours of this one. As for SA, to me the album is a kind of ramshackle collection of songs, some of which are really odd choices. Unlike some I do not like much of the production, Destiny for example could have been lovely but what's with the herky jerky rhythm? I do not really have a favourite from the album.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Cant wait to listen to this. I am in the minority but I really appreciate Street Angel and love half the songs. YES! I love Love is like a River, Greta, Listen to the rain, Maybe Love will change your mind, and (wait for it)...........Jane! I like Blue Denim and Rose Garden too.

No No No. There's no beauty and the beast here! But there is a laundromat and a chimpanzee. But it's alright, alright. Take some time and listen to the rain. I truly wonder what Greta would say.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-14-2021 at 04:15 AM..