The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2024, 04:24 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,038
Arrow Stevie live 02/10/2024

She changed up the set for this leg. She does a cover of Stop Children What's That Sound. Leather and Lace is back in the set with her vocal coach.
This is an excellent quality video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUOOfi2HYb8
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 02-11-2024, 05:07 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,015
Default

The Stop Children What's That Sound song is called For What It's Worth. She's been performing it in her setlist since September 2022. I didn't watch the video. How is her energy?

Interesting she put a hit back in but doesn't do her second biggest hit!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2024, 05:49 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The Stop Children What's That Sound song is called For What It's Worth. She's been performing it in her setlist since September 2022. I didn't watch the video. How is her energy?

Interesting she put a hit back in but doesn't do her second biggest hit!
I'm confused. I got What Its Worth confused with Show Them The Way (the titles, not the song). I don't listen to new Stevie music and I suppose it shows
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2024, 06:09 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I'm confused. I got What Its Worth confused with Show Them The Way (the titles, not the song). I don't listen to new Stevie music and I suppose it shows
That's fine! She never performed Show Them The Way on stage nevertheless there isn't any footage of her singing it. The music video only has her walking down a hall and sitting at a piano - not singing.

Here's For What It's Worth. And it's not For What It's Worth from her album In Your Dreams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80_39eAx3z8
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2024, 09:13 PM
BrownEyedGirl26's Avatar
BrownEyedGirl26 BrownEyedGirl26 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Forrest Of The Black Roses
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She changed up the set for this leg. She does a cover of Stop Children What's That Sound. Leather and Lace is back in the set with her vocal coach.
This is an excellent quality video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUOOfi2HYb8
This was fabulous! She looks so happy and in the groove. The only thing I would change, would be to shorten 'Gold Dust Woman' and to recreate the haunting American Indian sound, without the, out of control, dance towards the end. 'That's alright', would of, also, have been a positive addition to this set. Just my opinion, of course!
__________________
"I've already done everything you are doing." sn
"But the most important thing was what was on her mind." sn
"Think About It" ("Before You Go") sn
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2024, 09:36 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,015
Default

Free Fallin’ will never leave her setlist. It’ll be in there when she’s singing at 90. She said she never really met Stephen Stills. There’s a great photo of Stephen, Young, and perhaps Jagger online from the Ertegun celebration of life.
For What it’s Worth has also become a must play for her.

Edit: I found the photo! https://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/ne...hoto/109674847

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 02-12-2024 at 06:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2024, 02:38 PM
stevierocks87's Avatar
stevierocks87 stevierocks87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 518
Cool

I was sure there was a "snooze" emoticon but nope.

This has to be the most stale she has ever been. Same awful outfit, boring ass set. I'm so glad I saw her solo for the last time in 2016 when she was actually taking some chances and doing some new things.

How hard would it be to throw on a different shawl or cool vintage outfit to throw us a tiny bone of something differnent.

That being said, she is honestly the most popular I have ever seen her in my lifetime so I guess it's working for the average fan. People rave over these shows. I don't get it.
__________________
"and the woman may be awestruck and the woman may truely care, but the woman is so tired...so the woman disappears...come in out of the darkness, bella donna....my soul"- Stevie Nicks, "Bella Donna"
---In memory of my mom, Donna Jean (Jeannie) Allen Commins, 1957-2008- My Bella Donna.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-12-2024, 03:01 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
I was sure there was a "snooze" emoticon but nope.

This has to be the most stale she has ever been. Same awful outfit, boring ass set. I'm so glad I saw her solo for the last time in 2016 when she was actually taking some chances and doing some new things.

How hard would it be to throw on a different shawl or cool vintage outfit to throw us a tiny bone of something differnent.

That being said, she is honestly the most popular I have ever seen her in my lifetime so I guess it's working for the average fan. People rave over these shows. I don't get it.
I think the popularity is because of her age. When ~legends~ are approaching death, all of the sudden their popularity peaks. Johnny Cash was dropped by Columbia Records in his 60's, after DECADES with them. But then in his 70's, he was back, more popular than ever.
And I also think that people who have never seen them, think, "wow, we've never seen her...this might be our last chance!"
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-12-2024, 06:41 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think the popularity is because of her age. When ~legends~ are approaching death, all of the sudden their popularity peaks. Johnny Cash was dropped by Columbia Records in his 60's, after DECADES with them. But then in his 70's, he was back, more popular than ever.
And I also think that people who have never seen them, think, "wow, we've never seen her...this might be our last chance!"
I agree and I also think her public friendship with Harry Styles helps. But back to the reasoning you gave, I was watching a Madonna podcast and a fan on there said they bought tickets to see Stevie after Christine passed away because they regretted not seeing Fleetwood Mac. They said Iíve got to see Stevie before itís too late.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-12-2024, 06:50 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
I was sure there was a "snooze" emoticon but nope.

This has to be the most stale she has ever been. Same awful outfit, boring ass set. I'm so glad I saw her solo for the last time in 2016 when she was actually taking some chances and doing some new things.

How hard would it be to throw on a different shawl or cool vintage outfit to throw us a tiny bone of something differnent.

That being said, she is honestly the most popular I have ever seen her in my lifetime so I guess it's working for the average fan. People rave over these shows. I don't get it.
2 years ago she told The New Yorker she had written the best song of her career. 3 and a half years ago she said Show Them The Way was up there with Edge of Seventeen and Stand Back. Yet these songs havenít been performed. This is the same Stevie Nicks weíve seen a million times. The shows arenít for her die hard fans, theyíre for rich people who have no clue that Bella Donna is an album of hers.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-12-2024, 08:48 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 532
Default

Things and people are really strange right now. Fans and consumers should be banding together to boycott the outrageous ticket prices, but it is just the opposite. As long as there is a demand the price will continue to rise. It's particularly ridiculous to pay that much for veteran artists who have seen better days, years, and decades. The bands and promoters realize what's happening now so they all want to go on the road to rake in the profits. I can't help but think that many of the people paying these prices can't even afford to pay their own bills, but they will help to make these millionaires even richer. And don't even get me started on Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing scheme.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
I was sure there was a "snooze" emoticon but nope.

This has to be the most stale she has ever been. Same awful outfit, boring ass set. I'm so glad I saw her solo for the last time in 2016 when she was actually taking some chances and doing some new things.

How hard would it be to throw on a different shawl or cool vintage outfit to throw us a tiny bone of something differnent.

That being said, she is honestly the most popular I have ever seen her in my lifetime so I guess it's working for the average fan. People rave over these shows. I don't get it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-13-2024, 09:32 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Things and people are really strange right now. Fans and consumers should be banding together to boycott the outrageous ticket prices, but it is just the opposite. As long as there is a demand the price will continue to rise. It's particularly ridiculous to pay that much for veteran artists who have seen better days, years, and decades. The bands and promoters realize what's happening now so they all want to go on the road to rake in the profits. I can't help but think that many of the people paying these prices can't even afford to pay their own bills, but they will help to make these millionaires even richer. And don't even get me started on Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing scheme.
And Stevie has been on the same tour for two years now. Charging people thousands for one seat somewhat close to the stage. But the people are buying it! She's not singing high notes either for that high amount of money people pay. At least Bruce does!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And Stevie has been on the same tour for two years now. Charging people thousands for one seat somewhat close to the stage. But the people are buying it! She's not singing high notes either for that high amount of money people pay. At least Bruce does!
I think they are satisfied with the show they watched. Or are there negative reviews? I remember reading about the last Whitney Houston tour, the problems with her voice, strain and coughs. And disappointed people leaving before it was over.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-13-2024, 12:56 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think they are satisfied with the show they watched. Or are there negative reviews? I remember reading about the last Whitney Houston tour, the problems with her voice, strain and coughs. And disappointed people leaving before it was over.
Were people satisfied at the Newark, NJ reunion tour show you saw where Lindsey's voice sounded terrible? Were there negative reviews?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-13-2024, 04:28 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Were people satisfied at the Newark, NJ reunion tour show you saw where Lindsey's voice sounded terrible? Were there negative reviews?
Good point, it's a good example. Though I must admit Lindsey's voice hit rock bottom that night. It sounded much worse than Stevie's voice I've heard in last year tour clips I saw in Instagram. And yes I didn't read any negative review, though I didn't look for. But I remember I've read about his exhausted voice in the past.

Anyway, I wouldn't go see any of them currently.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


The Zoo Shakin' the Cage CD Mick Fleetwood Bekka Bramlett Billy Thorpe picture

The Zoo Shakin' the Cage CD Mick Fleetwood Bekka Bramlett Billy Thorpe

$60.00



RICH MAHAN*BEKKA BRAMLETT / HOT CHICKEN WISDOM *PROMO COPY CD picture

RICH MAHAN*BEKKA BRAMLETT / HOT CHICKEN WISDOM *PROMO COPY CD

$10.00



Sealed BEKKA BRAMLETT - I Got News For You - CD - RARE picture

Sealed BEKKA BRAMLETT - I Got News For You - CD - RARE

$49.99



JOE COCKER FT BEKKA BRAMLETT TAKE ME HOME (K8) 3 Track CD Single Picture Sleeve picture

JOE COCKER FT BEKKA BRAMLETT TAKE ME HOME (K8) 3 Track CD Single Picture Sleeve

$5.45



RICH MAHAN BEKKA BRAMLETT / HOT CHICKEN WISDOM PROMO COPY CD very good picture

RICH MAHAN BEKKA BRAMLETT / HOT CHICKEN WISDOM PROMO COPY CD very good

$9.95




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved