User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-27-2020, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I really hope no one asks dumb questions like what is was like recording Rumors of if he will go back should they ask etc. Focus on intelligent questions and don't waste time and ones we have heard before.
Amen to that. We only want the diehard fans to ask questions. All others please read Mick Fleetwood’s books and the linear notes from the box set releases for your questions that we have already heard over and over again.😎
Old 11-28-2020, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
What are the chances of a BuckVie round two?
With John and Mick again???
Old 12-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Amen to that. We only want the diehard fans to ask questions. All others please read Mick Fleetwood’s books and the linear notes from the box set releases for your questions that we have already heard over and over again.��
You’ve reminded me of all those years ago, listening to Rockline on live call-in radio, and all those clueless potheads got chosen to ask the questions — and their questions were invariably (I don’t mean largely or mostly, I mean invariably) asinine, brainless, slow-witted, fatuous, ludicrous, moronic, dumbass, and doltish. Used to really frustrate the rest of us, who actually knew something about the band, life, etc., and could ask a decent question.

Sometimes, I would listen to such programs when they had David Bowie or Paul Westerberg or David Byrne or Zappa, and I would wonder just why their fans asked questions that were so much more intelligent. I had to conclude that the Mac fan base was largely or mostly (but not invariably) a little slow. It sounds unwholesome and elitist, but I think the matter came down to the collective IQ differential. This was years ago, of course.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You’ve reminded me of all those years ago, listening to Rockline on live call-in radio, and all those clueless potheads got chosen to ask the questions — and their questions were invariably (I don’t mean largely or mostly, I mean invariably) asinine, brainless, slow-witted, fatuous, ludicrous, moronic, dumbass, and doltish. Used to really frustrate the rest of us, who actually knew something about the band, life, etc., and could ask a decent question.

Sometimes, I would listen to such programs when they had David Bowie or Paul Westerberg or David Byrne or Zappa, and I would wonder just why their fans asked questions that were so much more intelligent. I had to conclude that the Mac fan base was largely or mostly (but not invariably) a little slow. It sounds unwholesome and elitist, but I think the matter came down to the collective IQ differential. This was years ago, of course.
You are so right. I will never forget when the Mac did Rockline to promote the greatest hits album in 1988. The final caller's question was "What do you guys think about advertising?" ******long silence***** Christine says, advertising? Well if you have a product its good to let people know about it.

Ok thank you , that's all the time we have for questions.

Good grief. That person stayed on the line for hours and gets the last question to ask the dumbest question of all time.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
their questions were invariably (I don’t mean largely or mostly, I mean invariably) asinine, brainless, slow-witted, fatuous, ludicrous, moronic, dumbass, and doltish.
Me: guess David already has a thesaurus, will have to come up with a different Christmas gift
Old 12-04-2020, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo View Post
Me: guess David already has a thesaurus, will have to come up with a different Christmas gift
I hereby nominate this post for post of the month!
Old 12-04-2020, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m perhaps a tad overemphatic, rhetorically overenamoured, assertively excessive, syntactically supererogatory, and prominently and forcefully overinsistent. I really drive home my point. To the nth degree. It’s overkill. It’s too much.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-04-2020, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m perhaps a tad overemphatic, rhetorically overenamoured, assertively excessive, syntactically supererogatory, and prominently and forcefully overinsistent. I really drive home my point. To the nth degree. It’s overkill. It’s too much.
You have your thesaurus, we all need a dictionary!
Old 12-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

a fellow fan was live-posting Q&A as it was going on ito Real Savage Like LB FB forum:

Ugh! Actually said he was considering a collaboration with Mick Fleetwood!

New album now targeted for end of summer 2021.

Advice to his 30 year old self: Always did the work in the band, but could have been more open to other band members.

Bleed to Love Her: about a person that was “window shopping” but had a lot of respect for her. No name mentioned.

Working hard on lyrics - looks up to Brian Wilson as a role model.

What songs would he listen to for solace: songs that inspired him in the past - Beatles, Brian Wilson.

How does he feel about being the soundtrack to people’s lives: has to reflect back to FM (solo stuff reaches fewer), art is to share and help people through difficult times - did a good job at that.

Thoughts about unreleased GOS (original) songs: puts things behind him once done and no real thought.

Biggest contribution to FM: saw a needed role, musical visionary, organizer and producer. Destiny with Rumours, held the line on what he needed to do for the band.

Thoughts on solo band members: near term, Neale, Brett, Jimmy (if available). 5-8 years - room for new directions.

Favorite songs on solo material since 2006: hard to single out. UTS album was very meaningful for him, married, kids- many things he could be in touch with.

Rumor to be part of Traveling Wilbury’s: No knowledge of Rumor. After George passed away, Olivia said they considered him. Might have happened if another happened.

Tusk question, any vindication about reverence now (versus 1979): yes, influential to young bands. Anti “label” and commercial success, did not want to fall into trap. Even back then, always felt like the right thing to have been done.

Complacency versus creativity, where did the conviction come from: saw the trappings in others

European tour with new album: talking about US, Europe and Australia

Favorite song on tour: So Afraid, Big Love (third song was acoustic, missed it)

Favorite venues: small venues (theaters). Isle of Mann with FM

Collaboration with the Killers: they reached out, not met before, but big fan of theirs. A one off thing, spent one afternoon playing solos. Like brothers, felt like family. Heard it on the radio “ that turned out good.”

Did health scare change his outlook on life or music : the last three years - separation from FM, deep irony of his dismissal and damage to legacy - something so minimal causing it. Then bypass surgery now pandemic - led him to realize without or with… See More

During pandemic: new album finished before pandemic. Some writing now, not as much as normally would, unsure why. Antenna up (humming things into voice mail). Something will kick in in coming year, cyclical thing.

Rock Away Blind inspiration: won’t play tonight. When married, relationship continues and things you have to accept. Song about acceptance in a relationship and relinquishment of control.

Instrumental versions of songs: haven’t thought about it, less inclined from a marketing standpoint - doesn’t want to recycle. Maybe other songs like Big Love.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-06-2020, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
a fellow fan was live-posting Q&A as it was going on ito Real Savage Like LB FB forum:

Ugh! Actually said he was considering a collaboration with Mick Fleetwood!

New album now targeted for end of summer 2021.

Advice to his 30 year old self: Always did the work in the band, but could have been more open to other band members.

Bleed to Love Her: about a person that was “window shopping” but had a lot of respect for her. No name mentioned.

Working hard on lyrics - looks up to Brian Wilson as a role model.

What songs would he listen to for solace: songs that inspired him in the past - Beatles, Brian Wilson.

How does he feel about being the soundtrack to people’s lives: has to reflect back to FM (solo stuff reaches fewer), art is to share and help people through difficult times - did a good job at that.

Thoughts about unreleased GOS (original) songs: puts things behind him once done and no real thought.

Biggest contribution to FM: saw a needed role, musical visionary, organizer and producer. Destiny with Rumours, held the line on what he needed to do for the band.

Thoughts on solo band members: near term, Neale, Brett, Jimmy (if available). 5-8 years - room for new directions.

Favorite songs on solo material since 2006: hard to single out. UTS album was very meaningful for him, married, kids- many things he could be in touch with.

Rumor to be part of Traveling Wilbury’s: No knowledge of Rumor. After George passed away, Olivia said they considered him. Might have happened if another happened.

Tusk question, any vindication about reverence now (versus 1979): yes, influential to young bands. Anti “label” and commercial success, did not want to fall into trap. Even back then, always felt like the right thing to have been done.

Complacency versus creativity, where did the conviction come from: saw the trappings in others

European tour with new album: talking about US, Europe and Australia

Favorite song on tour: So Afraid, Big Love (third song was acoustic, missed it)

Favorite venues: small venues (theaters). Isle of Mann with FM

Collaboration with the Killers: they reached out, not met before, but big fan of theirs. A one off thing, spent one afternoon playing solos. Like brothers, felt like family. Heard it on the radio “ that turned out good.”

Did health scare change his outlook on life or music : the last three years - separation from FM, deep irony of his dismissal and damage to legacy - something so minimal causing it. Then bypass surgery now pandemic - led him to realize without or with… See More

During pandemic: new album finished before pandemic. Some writing now, not as much as normally would, unsure why. Antenna up (humming things into voice mail). Something will kick in in coming year, cyclical thing.

Rock Away Blind inspiration: won’t play tonight. When married, relationship continues and things you have to accept. Song about acceptance in a relationship and relinquishment of control.

Instrumental versions of songs: haven’t thought about it, less inclined from a marketing standpoint - doesn’t want to recycle. Maybe other songs like Big Love.

Thank you for this Elle. I had not heard of the Traveling Wilbury's rumor. That would have been awesome.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That reminds me of when Richard was taking fan questions and they were all like, “Did Lindsey and Stevie kiss a lot when you lived with them.” I was absolutely mortified.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess Lindsey dreamed about Elijah Cummings too and that gave him the Trouble intro.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That reminds me of when Richard was taking fan questions and they were all like, “Did Lindsey and Stevie kiss a lot when you lived with them.” I was absolutely mortified.
Wouldn't that be proof that Stevie still loves him?
Old 12-07-2020, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I guess Lindsey dreamed about Elijah Cummings too and that gave him the Trouble intro.
John Lewis you mean.

#goodtrouble

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-07-2020, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can’t imagine Jeff Lynn and Lindsey working well together in the studio, but I guess it could have worked.

THE Stephen Hopkins