User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2019, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Prerecords

Some interesting quotes from Taku shed some light on one thing that drove me crazy about Lindsey and was likely a factor in his firing.

Quote:
Many thanks to Fleetwood Mac for welcoming me back... and especially to Ms. Stevie Nicks. Back in 2000, I subbed on one corporate show for her during a tour break from Lionel Richie. Fast forward 3 years later, she remembered me and came to a Lionel Richie private show in Maui, bringing along Mick Fleetwood. Little did I know that she recommended me to Mick, and he and I meeting and talking drums backstage was the first step of my audition. 2 months later I got the call for the "Say You Will" world tour, which took me around the world for 18 months with Fleetwood Mac. I then went onto tour with Stevie as well over the years... Then last year, after a 14-year break from Fleetwood Mac (no percussion on their tours since '04), Stevie approached me at an event and said she was going to talk to Mick about having me back with the band, and to get rid of all prerecords for the next tour... and here I am, after 16 months of yet another epic tour, drumming alomgside the incomparable Mick Fleetwood. So much gratitude in my heart for yet another amazing experience.
Quote:
Steven Hibbard They used prerecord tracks in the past few tours. Lindsey had extra guitar parts, vocals and rhythm parts sampled and performed along with the band, which undoubtedly boxed in the arrangements, tempos etc. I don't think they were very popular internally... It was not only an honor to play again with such an iconic band, but also to know that what the audience heard was all being performed live and emanating from onstage. Mick's drum tech traditionally played extra tom tom parts (since those parts were recorded as overdubs), but between 2004 and 2018, he also played minor percussion parts from the albums (shaker, tambourine, etc). I ended up playing all the percussion parts again, as well as all of the tom tom parts... That is also why there has always been a side guitarist with the band, to coverall of those layered and overdubbed parts... whether that was an onstage sideman guitarist or a guitar tech playing from offstage in the post-Rumours years.

THE Stephen Hopkins