Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Chapter 12: Sister of the spoon
Chapter 13: Crack Head Woman
Old 10-13-2022, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chapter 12: Sister of the spoon
Is this chapter on cocaine, or when she was really, really fat?
Old 10-14-2022, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can’t Go Back
Old 10-14-2022, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Chapter 19: Slow Dancing (behind Stevie)
Old 10-14-2022, 07:27 AM

Here's a song Christine wrote that I sing, It's called Don't Smirk!!

(Crowd roars)
Old 11-11-2022, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding "Seven Wonders," do we know for sure that Stevie took writing credit for mishearing one lyric and nothing more? That she didn't "write" ANY of the words or melody?
Old 11-12-2022, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Regarding "Seven Wonders," do we know for sure that Stevie took writing credit for mishearing one lyric and nothing more? That she didn't "write" ANY of the words or melody?
In the Top 50 Fleetwood Mac songs list that Rolling Stone put out:

Nicks collaborator and Eighties synth-rock also-ran Sandy Stewart penned the harmony-soaked tune, and the demo was the first song Nicks presented to the band for Tango in the Night. Her lone contribution stemmed from misunderstanding one of Stewart’s lyrics, producing the phrase “all the way down to Emmaline.” “I thought she said that, and she hadn’t,” said Nicks. “And I had become so attached to the name Emmaline that we kept it in, and she gave me a small percentage.”
Old 11-12-2022, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Author Simon Morrison who interviewed Sandy Stewart for his book Mirror in the Sky: The Life and Music of Stevie Nicks, (2022), p. 121, says this about Seven Wonders:

'Nicks is co-credited as songwriter with Sandy Stewart... Internet lore - which Stewart told me was "false and inaccurate" - has Nicks singing the wrong words in the studio and becoming cowriter by default. The text did change, but not by accident.'
Old 11-12-2022, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
Author Simon Morrison who interviewed Sandy Stewart for his book Mirror in the Sky: The Life and Music of Stevie Nicks, (2022), p. 121, says this about Seven Wonders:

'Nicks is co-credited as songwriter with Sandy Stewart... Internet lore - which Stewart told me was "false and inaccurate" - has Nicks singing the wrong words in the studio and becoming cowriter by default. The text did change, but not by accident.'
Whether the text was changed by accident or intentional, grabbing a co-writing credit for altering one or two words in the song is not ethical. She probably offered Stewart a decent payout for it and Stewart, with a mix of obligation and financial need, consented.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Whether the text was changed by accident or intentional, grabbing a co-writing credit for altering one or two words in the song is not ethical. She probably offered Stewart a decent payout for it and Stewart, with a mix of obligation and financial need, consented.
I'm sure it has to do with Stevie and her team wanting to make sure she had enough writing credits on the album. As we know her output faltered over the years and a lot of her stuff during her rehab years was not particularly worthy. In other words, it was a way of saving face, covering up her lack of (good) productivity. She, supported by her team, was in full "I'm a STAR" mode and not above throwing her weight around to get what she wanted. For her, image was absolutely everything by then.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can I just say how much I enjoy reading posts that I call “fan fiction” speculating about how Stevie came to be credited on Seven Wonders? Or why Lindsey canceled his last tour dates? Or why Christine donated items for auction? It is hilarious how people post stuff like they think they have some sort of insider knowledge. I’m not talking about people who quote specific quotes from identified sources- I mean the speculation surrounding the motives. “Mick must be having financial trouble so he manipulated John and Christine into donating items to auction.” Based on the fact that he had financial troubles back in 1985? So Christine and John are naive idiots?

I’ll leave my speculating to the other non-licensed, non-trained wannabe counselors. I’m not complaining, it does make for fun reading and says a lot about folks who seemingly know more about the band members than they do about, say, their own families.
Old 11-12-2022, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm sure it has to do with Stevie and her team wanting to make sure she had enough writing credits on the album. As we know her output faltered over the years and a lot of her stuff during her rehab years was not particularly worthy. In other words, it was a way of saving face, covering up her lack of (good) productivity. She, supported by her team, was in full "I'm a STAR" mode and not above throwing her weight around to get what she wanted. For her, image was absolutely everything by then.
I agree. Stevie was already mailing it in to the Mac. She just came of RAL where the public got to see the prolific song writer sing a bunch of songs written by someone else. She was friends with Sandy and probably paid her for such a move.

Seven Wonders is not really a mystery since it was not written by Stevie. I want to know why her brother got credits for The Nightmare? He added a few words? She wanted to be nice to her brother who was mooching off her?
Or as Jeremy said "he probably wheeled the same glass table into the room." Or maybe he is responsible for all those recycled lyrics throughout the song

Enquiring minds want to know.
Old 11-12-2022, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I find people's reactions to other people's posts fascinating. How they speculate on the intentions of other posters and make up whole narratives as if they have insight into other people's heads.

Sure some conversations become debates about actual facts. And sometimes, shock horror, people are engaging in some fun imagining of behind-the-scenes convos etc among the band members for the amusement of it... like, 'Isn't it funny to imagine Christine saying X' or 'what if Lindsey told Stevie...' etc.... Pure entertaining speculation.

People engage in conversations and make posts on here for all sorts of reasons. Some just like to banter and spar with other posters. Not everyone treats this board like writing an academic journal paper or thinks that every discussion on here is or has to be equivalent to a Supreme Court deliberation.

Gad almighty
Old 11-12-2022, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. Stevie was already mailing it in to the Mac. She just came of RAL where the public got to see the prolific song writer sing a bunch of songs written by someone else. She was friends with Sandy and probably paid her for such a move.

Seven Wonders is not really a mystery since it was not written by Stevie. I want to know why her brother got credits for The Nightmare? He added a few words? She wanted to be nice to her brother who was mooching off her?
Or as Jeremy said "he probably wheeled the same glass table into the room."
Or maybe he is responsible for all those recycled lyrics throughout the song

Enquiring minds want to know.
I love that quote~
Old 11-12-2022, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I find people's reactions to other people's posts fascinating. How they speculate on the intentions of other posters and make up whole narratives as if they have insight into other people's heads.

Sure some conversations become debates about actual facts. And sometimes, shock horror, people are engaging in some fun imagining of behind-the-scenes convos etc among the band members for the amusement of it... like, 'Isn't it funny to imagine Christine saying X' or 'what if Lindsey told Stevie...' etc.... Pure entertaining speculation.

People engage in conversations and make posts on here for all sorts of reasons. Some just like to banter and spar with other posters. Not everyone treats this board like writing an academic journal paper or thinks that every discussion on here is or has to be equivalent to a Supreme Court deliberation.

Gad almighty
Well said, I really couldn’t agree more!