Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2022, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh yeah. plenty.

way more than about her songwriting.
What do you think?!
Beating, assault, calling her names like useless?
Old 08-27-2022, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Whose parent lived the longest? Mick's? She was in her 90s.

Was The Dance really the beginning of nostalgia? They played four new songs (though two of those songs used recycled lyrics).

Then you had SYW in 2003. After SYW is when Stevie didn't want to any recording with Lindsey.
You could probably argue that like so many bands of their era, they started to become a nostalgia act from a live perspective in the 90's...or maybe even as early as Behind the Mask. How many people were going to see them in 1990 to hear Love is Dangerous or Stand on the Rock?

If the criteria is avoiding new music or not touring to promote a new album, then I guess they became one fully in 2009. "Unleash the furies"...shut up Stevie. Instead of doing something interesting (hello, Tusk at 30...do a Tusk heavy set and celebrate a re-release of the album or something), they elected to just come out and say we're playing a greatest hits set. Without a doubt that's when they officially became nostalgia. Of course in 2013 they had the EP and the two songs from that in the set. Whatever they did in 2018-19 was 100% nostalgia with 2 band members on stage who never created music with this band once.
Old 08-27-2022, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She's sounded like that for awhile now. IMHO she's actually doing pretty good for her age but I fear age is going to change things for her shortly. Jon Bon Jovi and Don Dokken literally cant tour anymore because they cant sing period anymore. Bon Jovi pipes in lead vocals to save Jon and boy is he rough otherwise. I give Stevie props for never piping in vocals (at least no one has ever alleged that). Her concerts are 100% live which is a very rare thing these days.
From what I have heard of JBJ's shows on his tour earlier this year, he ain't even close to piping in enough. His voice is shot and even with keys lowered he can't hit any notes. It's not even so much the ability to sing in key as much as I heard several instances of him using extremely weird phrasing and seemingly unable to keep up with the song. Honestly it was sad and this is coming from an 80's baby who is the first one old man jumping at a wedding when Living on a Prayer comes on.

Agree that as much as I find nauseating about Stevie, her desire to keep the shows as natural as possible (even if it means a million people on stage) is refreshing.
Old 08-27-2022, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Mick did post the other day that he's getting ready for something or getting ready to start talking.

I think they will do 5 shows maybe with the Eagles next year but they'll be with Neil and Mike.

If Lindsey was brought back, I think it would have to be the actual farewell. But I think Stevie would rather have their SalesForce concert be her last gig with FM and she'd once again fire herself before share a stage with Lindsey.
I'd be shocked if she shared a stage with him ever again too. It isn't going to be money at this juncture. Why would a Lindsey+Stevie reunited Fleetwood Mac do any more to draw more money than what they did in 2018-19? That proved that as long as La Nicks is front and center, they can slot in anyone to play guitar and sing Go Your Own Way. So from a money standpoint, unless LB is willing to take the same kind of cut that Neil+Mike did (which I'm sure was less than LB's normal share), is there motivation? There's no premise to sell. There's no 1997 "OMG THE MAC IS BACK" thing...and there's no "OMG CHRISTINE IS BACK WITH THEM!" 2014 thing. We've had countless tours with all incarnations of this band and I just don't see the motivation for them to come back together and agree to put 2018 behind all of them. Lindsey might want it. Mick might want it. But Stevie? I feel like she'd just keep doing what she's doing solo this year vs. going back to that.

And I'm really not positive that the McVie's could do much anymore beyond a couple shows. That said, I could see another Classic type thing with Eagles and some others and Neil and Mike stepping back in for a couple shows.
Old 08-27-2022, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris, Stevie and Mick all had at least one parent live life with health older than they all are now. Some of them have some good genes for long life.
Its still frustrating to think Mirage (1982) was the last great album of these 5 together. I wish they would have got back together and made a studio album before the Dance tour. That was a missed opportunity and marked the beginning of just touring for nostalgia.
They are a band of missed opportunities. An album before The Dance would have been really nice and well received. An album after The Dance too - that shouldn't have waited 6 years. Not to mention the missed touring opportunities. No creativity. They all wanted to continue in 1998 except Chris. Retool the set, release Buckingham Nicks on CD, and tour with the foursome 'celebrating' that album's 25th anniversary and continue to ride The Dance/Stevie+Lindsey loveathon that the public adored so much in 1997.
Old 08-27-2022, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
You could probably argue that like so many bands of their era, they started to become a nostalgia act from a live perspective in the 90's...or maybe even as early as Behind the Mask. How many people were going to see them in 1990 to hear Love is Dangerous or Stand on the Rock?

If the criteria is avoiding new music or not touring to promote a new album, then I guess they became one fully in 2009. "Unleash the furies"...shut up Stevie. Instead of doing something interesting (hello, Tusk at 30...do a Tusk heavy set and celebrate a re-release of the album or something), they elected to just come out and say we're playing a greatest hits set. Without a doubt that's when they officially became nostalgia. Of course in 2013 they had the EP and the two songs from that in the set. Whatever they did in 2018-19 was 100% nostalgia with 2 band members on stage who never created music with this band once.
True but at least they had a new album to promote and play live. The 1990 concerts were especially important because Rick and Billy both recorded new songs for the album. We got a nice sampling of new songs which showcased the "new" band. They were trying to erase the "Lindsey replacements" stigma. It was their band now with their own songs.

I dont hate the Dance new songs but I always found it a bit lazy. Stevie's demo of Street Girl was better than the Mac's live performance of it.

2 huge missed opportunities for the band: regrouping a bit earlier and recording a studio album before The Dance tour and instead of running back on the road in 2014 after a huge 2013 tour, a studio album and touring in 2015. But money is more important than art these days. The rush to commit to another tour in both instances without new material appealed to everyone (maybe not Lindsey). Its easy. You dont have to fight in the studio and you get filthy rich. They are not alone. Its what all the bands do now. The money made from touring with ticket prices far exceeds the desire for new songs.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-27-2022 at 01:20 PM..
Old 08-27-2022, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You dont have to fight in the studio and you get filthy rich. They are not alone. Its what all the bands do now. The money made from touring with ticket prices far exceeds the desire for new songs.
Spot on. I just wish their live performances were more interesting. Do some type of album gimmick vs. releasing an album. The Eagles Hotel California performances were incredible. Would it be better if Glenn was still alive or with Felder there? Of course. Nonetheless, they at least did SOMETHING to establish a unique element for the tour they've now been doing for a few years.

I follow the Stones pretty thoroughly and their fans complain non stop about the boring setlists and the fact that once you hear the beginning to You Can't Always Get What You Want, you know the rest of the show. That said, 60 years in, they put a song into the set this year that they've never played before. Played a new song at nearly every show that was released in 2020. And still manage to make adjustments (even if it's just 1-2 songs) to their set every single show.

A reunited Rumours 5 has no purpose anymore. Even for me, I don't even get the appeal despite my being a fan of this band for decades. Another regurgitation of Chain/Dreams/YMLF/Rhiannon/SHN/Tusk/Landslide/Big Love/SYLM/GDW/ISA/Gypsy/YMLF/GYOW/World Turning/Don't Stop? With worse voices? Even slower tempos? And a phony "setting aside" of the drama from 2018? Are Stevie and Lindsey going to kiss? They missed the opportunity to put a bow on the band and go out with any dignity. I don't think there's motivation for the band anymore nor for the fans.
Old 08-27-2022, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Spot on. I just wish their live performances were more interesting. Do some type of album gimmick vs. releasing an album. The Eagles Hotel California performances were incredible. Would it be better if Glenn was still alive or with Felder there? Of course. Nonetheless, they at least did SOMETHING to establish a unique element for the tour they've now been doing for a few years.

I follow the Stones pretty thoroughly and their fans complain non stop about the boring setlists and the fact that once you hear the beginning to You Can't Always Get What You Want, you know the rest of the show. That said, 60 years in, they put a song into the set this year that they've never played before. Played a new song at nearly every show that was released in 2020. And still manage to make adjustments (even if it's just 1-2 songs) to their set every single show.

A reunited Rumours 5 has no purpose anymore. Even for me, I don't even get the appeal despite my being a fan of this band for decades. Another regurgitation of Chain/Dreams/YMLF/Rhiannon/SHN/Tusk/Landslide/Big Love/SYLM/GDW/ISA/Gypsy/YMLF/GYOW/World Turning/Don't Stop? With worse voices? Even slower tempos? And a phony "setting aside" of the drama from 2018? Are Stevie and Lindsey going to kiss? They missed the opportunity to put a bow on the band and go out with any dignity. I don't think there's motivation for the band anymore nor for the fans.
But Fleetwood Mac fans are odd (aren't we all though). They never got into new songs. Believe it or not but the fans were not into the Rumours album early in the tour and they scaled back many new songs. The fans were not that much into new Tusk songs either. I've heard Stevie, Chris and I think Lindsey say they learned early on not to perform many new songs live while promoting an album. Save them for the next tour when the fans "know" them better.
Can you imagine Bruce saying this? His fans would know every new song he played.
We on this board are the exception. If my dream setlist was played, half the arena would walk out. I also think this is the reason why Isn't it Midnight, Storms, and Hypnotized were dropped from the last tour. While each is a great song, the band could see the empty stares and blank faces. We know the rarity of playing these great songs and the band felt the same way. Unfortunately the "fans" did not feel the same way.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-27-2022 at 03:00 PM..
Old 08-27-2022, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
2 huge missed opportunities for the band: regrouping a bit earlier and recording a studio album before The Dance tour and instead of running back on the road in 2014 after a huge 2013 tour, a studio album and touring in 2015. But money is more important than art these days. The rush to commit to another tour in both instances without new material appealed to everyone (maybe not Lindsey). Its easy. You dont have to fight in the studio and you get filthy rich. They are not alone. Its what all the bands do now. The money made from touring with ticket prices far exceeds the desire for new songs.
From 2008 on, Stevie prevented FM from making music because she said Lindsey was mean to her during the recording of SYW. Mick and John should have told her to do her job or don't get paid. They also should have done something about Lindsey too considering how evil Stevie and the fans say he was.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
THIS.

They should have pulled the plug after the tour when Christine came back. At least IF Stevie knew she was going to get Lindsey fired.

This croaking old band should be embarrassed now.
Old 08-27-2022, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If Stevie dyed her hair orange and flew over the audience in a trash can like Cyndi Lauper during Landslide or Chris rode a Harley on stage like Rob Halford then I would consider going to a possible reunion of this 5. Other than that.....meh.
Old 08-27-2022, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Once Christine was out, the guys should have formed an offshoot and released the original GoS as Buckingham Fleetwood McVie no later than 1999. This would have given them an entity to record, release, and tour behind new music when Stevie didn’t want to do band projects.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-27-2022, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Stevie dyed her hair orange and flew over the audience in a trash can like Cyndi Lauper during Landslide or Chris rode a Harley on stage like Rob Halford then I would consider going to a possible reunion of this 5. Other than that.....meh.
Old 08-27-2022, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But Fleetwood Mac fans are odd (aren't we all though). They never got into new songs. Believe it or not but the fans were not into the Rumours album early in the tour and they scaled back many new songs. The fans were not that much into new Tusk songs either. I've heard Stevie, Chris and I think Lindsey say they learned early on not to perform many new songs live while promoting an album. Save them for the next tour when the fans "know" them better.
Can you imagine Bruce saying this? His fans would know every new song he played.
We on this board are the exception. If my dream setlist was played, half the arena would walk out. I also think this is the reason why Isn't it Midnight, Storms, and Hypnotized were dropped from the last tour. While each is a great song, the band could see the empty stares and blank faces. We know the rarity of playing these great songs and the band felt the same way. Unfortunately the "fans" did not feel the same way.
Bruce would say this is what we’re playing and you’re going to listen to it. I saw Bruce in Buffalo at the end of his 2009 tour when he was doing full albums inside every set list. He played his first album that night - Greetings from Asbury Park. Very few popular songs on that one.

It’s the lack of variation in the songs. The lack of interesting arrangements from tour to tour. Even Lindsey the artist - his solos haven’t had any nuance or tour specific sound in years. It’s lather rinse repeat. And the lack of any sort of interesting theme aside from “heres those same songs again.”
Old 08-27-2022, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Once Christine was out, the guys should have formed an offshoot and released the original GoS as Buckingham Fleetwood McVie no later than 1999. This would have given them an entity to record, release, and tour behind new music when Stevie didn’t want to do band projects.
The Men of Mac would have been a very interesting way to remain active while Stevie was not interested. But also, they’d never do it. I doubt Mick in 1998-9 would want to go back to playing small shows so soon after the county fair circuit before The Dance. Again, you’d risk pissing off Stevie and ending Fleetwood Mac as an arena band.