The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing I always go back to is Stevie's ridiculous claim that being in Fleetwood Mac was like being in the Army. It really is a laughable comparison especially considering that she chose to stay in the band for as long as she did when Lindsey was part of the band and when he wasn't part of it.

One thing that's come to my mind though is that even though her Army analogy is terrible, what she really means is that being in Fleetwood Mac requires putting in a ton of work especially with Lindsey producing. She's obviously not willing to do that anymore and hasn't seemed to want to do it for the past 30+ years, at least in the band. There's no doubt that Lindsey is demanding and there's probably a part of him to wishes that other members of the band were as dedicated to the craft as he is. Regardless of how she feels, it is undeniable that Lindsey's methods in the studio played a big role in the success of Fleetwood Mac and by extension her. Others have mentioned here how he was able to take middling demo tracks from Stevie and make them into masterpieces.

Of course it's laughable to try to spin this whole thing as Stevie not being in control of Lindsey being in the band. We have proof that Christine, John and Mick were willing to work on an album with Lindsey because they did. If she didn't want to work with Lindsey, fine but she NEVER should have had a say whether or not Lindsey could be in Fleetwood Mac. That should have and has always been up to Mick and John. It would have been dumb had they chose to dump Lindsey regardless of Stevie's input but at least it would have been their decision and not hers.

Stevie can try to convince herself that she's comfortable with the decisions that she's made in her life but I have a hard time buying it. You can go through her catalogue and read in between the lines in regards to the regrets she has not having a family or children of her own. She's blamed the band for that in the past and she probably blames Lindsey for it too but the fact remains it was her choice to lead the life that she's led. She could have walked away at any point, especially when her solo star was at its peak in the early 80s. She didn't and any ill feelings in regards to what she doesn't have can only be directed at herself.

I can't blame Lindsey for wanting to end everything with Fleetwood Mac on a positive note but it just doesn't seem meant to be. His want for that seems to only go one way and there seems to be nothing but doublespeak from the others.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Does anyone know if Irving is even correct about this tour being the most successful.
I questioned that myself. I would have thought the Shake The Cage or Behind The Mask tours since they occurred when the band still had some juice in the then-current pop music scene.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I questioned that myself. I would have thought the Shake The Cage or Behind The Mask tours since they occurred when the band still had some juice in the then-current pop music scene.
They weren't charging hundreds of dollars for tickets on those tours. Irving is referring to the amount of $ fleeced from concert goers on that last tour.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It was tongue in cheek to her harebrained press releases, I really don't know if she's doing drugs, it was sarcasm. Whomever did her releases sounded like they were out of their minds or on drugs. Just as I said "did Lindsey fall down on the ground and hit his head on the pavement?"

Some of what he said was harebrained as well. I agree with Rhiannondontgo that some of this isn't helping his case. Comparing her to Trump in the press? Really?

There's no double standard, I'm free to discuss the band just like you. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it or let Michele know. But bringing up Lindsey beating his wife... yikes.. where did that come from???
Opinions are fine. But for years this particular board has kissed Lindsey's ass. And yet calls Stevie's fans rabid. That's the double standard I am referring to. Many of the people who claim Stevie fans think she does no wrong clearly do the same thing about Lindsey.

Stevie has a rep as a druggie back in the day, Lindsey has been called an abuser. Unless new facts are brought to light neither should be speculated about. Unless both can freely be speculated about. That was my point about that. If a Stevie fan came here and said he was abusive to his ex-wife, then said it was tongue in cheek, it would not fly.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 09-10-2021 at 12:54 AM..
Old 09-10-2021, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Opinions are fine. But for years this particular board has kissed Lindsey's ass. And yet calls Stevie's fans rabid. That's the double standard I am referring to. Many of the people who claim Stevie fans think she does no wrong clearly do the same thing about Lindsey.

Stevie has a rep as a druggie back in the day, Lindsey has been called an abuser. Unless new facts are brought to light neither should be speculated about. Unless both can freely be speculated about. That was my point about that. If a Stevie fan came here and said he was abusive to his ex-wife, then said it was tongue in cheek, it would not fly.
This is a FAN BOARD. Opinions on both(or any) side(s) of the fence are allowed. Just because they're not falling in the direction you'd like them to go, well, sorry about your luck?

I think Lindsey is(well, was) a very difficult man to record music with. He has a vision, and he wants to see that vision through. THAT'S the REASON they made it big! Without him, they would have died the death 40 years ago.

"Tongue in cheek" doesn't fly here, because(IMO) that falls under "fan fiction". Racial or abusive accusations should be shot down immediately, unless it's something that's accepted as a known truth.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I'd counter with Tom was also one of the few people left who would've told her she was a stupid moron and being ridiculous. I think without Tom's death and Mike being available, it wouldn't have happened. More likely that she would have just quit or acted like a giant idiot until someone like Petty would have called her out on it. With Mike being available it allowed her to twist the knife in a much more profound way by not just breaking up the band and going only solo.
I do think that if Tom was alive or even if her mother was still alive she would’ve been too ashamed to do it. I know it sounds crazy that a 70-year-old woman would be hesitant to get flack from her mom, but I honestly think that she wouldn’t have done it if her mother was alive and lucid enough to know.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why is it ok for a moderator to say she could be doing drugs? Or that her publicist is? Did many Stevie fans post speculations here asking if Lindsey beat his Kristen and that's why they are having their problems? I haven't been here in awhile.

The double standard on this board is hilarious.
I have no idea why you would think it would be inappropriate to accuse Stevie of being on drugs. Stevie is not here. Insulting her or Lindsey or Mick is not against the forum rules. Insulting human beings who are actually here conversing is against the rules.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I do think that if Tom was alive or even if her mother was still alive she would’ve been too ashamed to do it. I know it sounds crazy that a 70-year-old woman would be hesitant to get flack from her mom, but I honestly think that she wouldn’t have done it if her mother was alive and lucid enough to know.
Totally agree with this Michele. Stevie has been in her own little world for years but her attitude took a turn toward completely insufferable after her Mother passed away. Losing parents can really screw us up even if they were elderly. In Stevie’s case, it seemed like her Mother, and to a lesser extent perhaps, Tom Petty, were some of the few people who didn’t kiss her a$$ and tell her whatever she wanted to hear.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:47 AM
Ledgie

Is this Cirque de Soleil
because y’all serving some of the most amazing acrobatics I’ve ever seen LOL
Old 09-10-2021, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course they noticed. It's chronicled in a number of books/articles/interviews. They just never used the word toxic. Way back when they started John reportedly could not stand Lindsey's attitude in the studio. And hasn't everyone mentioned his antics during Tusk.

Things work until they no longer work.

Hugging is just performance.

He can't stand her as much as she can't stand him.
You've brought up something in the 70s when Lindsey was late 20s or 30s.
Please share examples of Lindsey's toxicity from 2009 - 2017. Is it smiling while she speaks, is it pounding on a dressing room wall?

Christine went on tour with Lindsey from June - November of 2017.

Also, look at the handholding here. Not on stage, they're doing an interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSDsV05Nj-k
Old 09-10-2021, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hey Elle, does anyone know if the Buckingham Nicks album will be released on CD?
With liner notes and a new tour from the duo to support it. On it!
Old 09-10-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
With liner notes and a new tour from the duo to support it. On it!
I'm thinking of a deluxe version to include tracks from the 2nd flop they were working on.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have no idea why you would think it would be inappropriate to accuse Stevie of being on drugs. Stevie is not here. Insulting her or Lindsey or Mick is not against the forum rules. Insulting human beings who are actually here conversing is against the rules.
Good to know. So now I don't feel bad about my speculative analogy about Lindsey.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
You've brought up something in the 70s when Lindsey was late 20s or 30s.
Please share examples of Lindsey's toxicity from 2009 - 2017. Is it smiling while she speaks, is it pounding on a dressing room wall?

Christine went on tour with Lindsey from June - November of 2017.

Also, look at the handholding here. Not on stage, they're doing an interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSDsV05Nj-k
An interview is still performance.

The Say You Will documentary is a good example and subsequent interviews she gave after it.

If you think Lindsey is not toxic, nothing will convince you.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This is a FAN BOARD. Opinions on both(or any) side(s) of the fence are allowed. Just because they're not falling in the direction you'd like them to go, well, sorry about your luck?

I think Lindsey is(well, was) a very difficult man to record music with. He has a vision, and he wants to see that vision through. THAT'S the REASON they made it big! Without him, they would have died the death 40 years ago.

"Tongue in cheek" doesn't fly here, because(IMO) that falls under "fan fiction". Racial or abusive accusations should be shot down immediately, unless it's something that's accepted as a known truth.
Note that I did not use the tongue in cheek comment first. That was said by the moderator I questioned to defend why the comment about Stevie being back on drugs was okay.

I think speculation on someone's current drug abuse should be shut down too. Yes, Stevie has a past with drugs. Yes, Lindsey has had rumors of abuse.

But this is now.

Both should be considered below the belt.