User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
From what I understand the dialect spoken in the Black Country of the Midlands is the oldest version of English in existence !
Aaah Beorma’s tribe..Anglo-Saxons, from the 7th century..

I’ve lost most of my accent as I’ve lived in Hampshire (via Yorkshire) for 40 years..until I phone my sister.... hahaha
Old 04-14-2021, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Aaah Beorma’s tribe..Anglo-Saxons, from the 7th century..

I’ve lost most of my accent as I’ve lived in Hampshire (via Yorkshire) for 40 years..until I phone my sister.... hahaha
I know what you mean .I have not lived in my native Philadelphia in decades but within hours of getting off of the plane at Philly international I start calling water wooder again.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE Stevie's wailing and howling at the end of "The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)". Tear it up, sis !!
Old 04-14-2021, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOVE LOVE LOVE the exuberance of 'Second Hand News'! What a great opener!

'Hold Me' - Yeah, I'm liking the 'yeahs'!

An earlier version of 'Sisters of the Moon' would've been better (something similar to the documentary video) where Stevie doesn't annoyingly talk-sing the words, and she does the awesome "It's you, it's you, it's you, it's you..." instead of the birds flying away lines.

'Angel' - much better on the doc video too. Too much growling and she sounds worn out. Like 'Sisters', an earlier version would've been better before the tour became a yearlong grind for them all.

Some of the performance credits are screwy. Wasn't 'Rhiannon' actually from the 'Rumours' tour (not 1980 as listed)? And 'Monday Morning' as well? This wasn't done on the 'Tusk' tour.

The booklet's a disappointment. Could've been more pics. Do we really need 2 full pages of the audience, and a page and a half of the clean-up crew?
Old 04-15-2021, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post

Some of the performance credits are screwy. Wasn't 'Rhiannon' actually from the 'Rumours' tour (not 1980 as listed)? And 'Monday Morning' as well? This wasn't done on the 'Tusk' tour.
(
Yes, that Rhiannon is definitely from the Rumours tour. At no point on the Tusk Tour was she singing it at that level still. And Monday Morning was definitely from 1977 too. They did open with it on the later dates of the Tusk Tour but that version is older.

I don't understand how these things get screwed up. Basic stuff which should be easy to correct. Same with The Chain being from Cleveland 1980 but really being from LA 1982. I guess they figure the 'masses' wouldn't have a clue nor care.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I don't understand how these things get screwed up. Basic stuff which should be easy to correct. Same with The Chain being from Cleveland 1980 but really being from LA 1982. I guess they figure the 'masses' wouldn't have a clue nor care.
Not to mention 'Over My Head', given as 8/24/80.

We all know Christine only did 'Over and Over' and 'Think About Me' (at least for a few shows) for the 'Tusk' tour.

I've always found it curious that while Stevie and Lindsey did a couple of their new songs on this tour, Christine held back. Was she herself not comfortable with her new material? Or was it a group consensus when deciding the set list?

It would've been cool if she did 'Brown Eyes', instead of waiting till 1982. Or my personal fav 'Honey Hi'.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not to mention 'Over My Head', given as 8/24/80.

We all know Christine only did 'Over and Over' and 'Think About Me' (at least for a few shows) for the 'Tusk' tour.

I've always found it curious that while Stevie and Lindsey did a couple of their new songs on this tour, Christine held back. Was she herself not comfortable with her new material? Or was it a group consensus when deciding the set list?

It would've been cool if she did 'Brown Eyes', instead of waiting till 1982. Or my personal fav 'Honey Hi'.
These are the things I want to hear about in interviews! I don't care about 99% of what people talk to them about. I want to know why Chris didn't play Brown Eyes throughout the ridiculously long Tusk Tour but somehow thought to play it in 1982 and then yet again 5 years later after Lindsey left?

I do think Chris tends to stick to hits. Even in some of her Mirage-era introductions of Brown Eyes, she feels compelled to call it an obscure song from an obscure album. Even as late as 2015 she basically talked down Think About Me during introductions and I want to say did the same with All Over Again on their last dumb tour. It's probably why we never hear anything from her pre-1975 catalog anymore. And I guarantee without Lindsey's pushing, she wouldn't have even thought about playing Wish You Were Here on BuckVie.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember a recent interview where Stevie made a comment along the lines of “with Tusk, we were touring for an album some of us didn’t care for, singing songs we weren’t crazy about” or something to that effect. If she was referring to herself and Christine, then that would explain why Christine didn’t sing many songs from Tusk live for that tour. I think Stevie sang Sara, Sisters of the Moon, and Angel, and on subsequent tours she sang Storms and Beautiful Child.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I remember a recent interview where Stevie made a comment along the lines of “with Tusk, we were touring for an album some of us didn’t care for, singing songs we weren’t crazy about” or something to that effect. If she was referring to herself and Christine, then that would explain why Christine didn’t sing many songs from Tusk live for that tour. I think Stevie sang Sara, Sisters of the Moon, and Angel, and on subsequent tours she sang Storms and Beautiful Child.
Knowing how Stevie always loves her own songs, it must've been a jab at Lindsey's 'Tusk' material.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the set. I think it's great that we now have two live versions of Angel from the beginning and end of the tour in great sonic clarity.

I'm still curious why they apparently have some tracks from the forum 82 show that sound amazing and they released some on this set....yet a few years back on the mirage reissue it was just a cleaned up version of the laserdisc audio. Perhaps they discovered tapes after the mirage project was released?

Also, Dreams isnt actually from a Paris soundcheck at all. It's the same audio from this video, shot in 77:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ywicffOj4

The labeling in general is a complete disaster. Instead of the intern at Warner Bros, they should of had our very own David be in charge of that task.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I love Chris's humor during the US Festival when Lindsey introduces a Tusk song and Chris says "Its the album that all of you hated"

LOL
Old 04-15-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love Chris's humor during the US Festival when Lindsey introduces a Tusk song and Chris says "Its the album that all of you hated"

LOL
She's amazing. hahaha
Old 04-15-2021, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
“Angel” is supposed to be from Richfield Coliseum, the same show used for the 20/20 TV show. Has anyone checked the two for confirmation? “Angel” is splendid here, but I don’t know whether it’s actually Cleveland as advertised.
They performed for two nights in Cleveland. As I mentioned in another thread I was so excited for a perfect digital copy of my perfect soundboard bootleg. It was the version from 20/20 that I was hoping to have but they used the Angel recorded on the other show than the version we saw on tv. I didn't care for it on first listen because I was so let down that it wasn't what I had hoped for but now after two more listens I really like it a lot. But it still does not compare to my soundboard from the other night from Cleveland. So if the labeling is right, this version of Angel was recorded on May 20,1980 and the version I wanted(from 20/20) was recorded on May 21, 1980.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

LOL
Ouch! That was harsh, but she wasn’t lying! As a kid, my older brothers had both Rumours and Tusk on vinyl, and Tusk was probably played twice in our house. I love Tusk now, but back then it seemed like everyone thought it was such a turkey. Incredible how that perception has changed over the years.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In my opinion this is the BEST Live vocal of Landslide Stevie has ever done and this should hopefully be released on some future live record by the band. Correct date for this show is: 8/29/77

Last edited by vivfox; 04-18-2021 at 12:52 PM..