Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Stay Well Thread

I hope everyone is well and continues to stay well. It's a difficult fact to face but a large number of Mac fans are...mature.
Keep fit, keep healthy, keep busy. Good luck.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-22-2020, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Take Care

Take care everyone. Its a scary time but we each need to do our part. Its an uncertain time as well. I work in a Drs office and all our hours have been cut down. If and when there is a lock down I will probably be like many have to go on unemployment. I am trying to take this one day at a time-not to sound cliche but what other way can you look at it. Please take it seriously. Wash your hands , keep at a safe distance. The sad thing about all of this is when we need others the most we have to keep at a distance. I guess we will learn a lot from this time. It seems like a nightmare really- a living one. God willing we will be stronger than ever. At least I am trying to believe this in the face of uncertainty. Do take care and lets encourage each other in the best way we can. Stay safe!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 03-22-2020, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks ledges but I’m not afraid of no little virus that was probably created to tank the economy or at least the fear and panic from the media is. Most the people I know think that the media has an agenda and that’s where all the panic comes from. Hopefully the China virus backfires on China and the media. God bless!
Old 03-22-2020, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This pandemic should never be called a Chinese virus. It could have originated anywhere. It just happened to be in China. It's not the fault of a Nation.

I wish all of you the best of health. For you, your family, your friend's and the whole world.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This pandemic should never be called a Chinese virus. It could have originated anywhere. It just happened to be in China. It's not the fault of a Nation.

I wish all of you the best of health. For you, your family, your friend's and the whole world.
It’s the Chinese virus just like the Spanish flu is the Spanish flu, the German measles are the German measles, the West Nile virus is the West Nile virus, Japanese Encephalitis is Japanese Encephalitis, the Guinea worm is the Guinea worm. Don’t let China distract and make Americans out to be the bad guys. They lied about this virus for a long time. Now they want to play victim. I don’t think anyone really doubts where this virus came from and who lied about it. Don’t let them use you.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It’s the Chinese virus just like the Spanish flu is the Spanish flu, the German measles are the German measles, the West Nile virus is the West Nile virus, Japanese Encephalitis is Japanese Encephalitis, the Guinea worm is the Guinea worm. Don’t let China distract and make Americans out to be the bad guys. They lied about this virus for a long time. Now they want to play victim. I don’t think anyone really doubts where this virus came from and who lied about it. Don’t let them use you.
Spanish Flu probably didn't originate in Spain and German Measles probably didn't originate in Germany. There are hundreds of thousands of viruses and 99% are not named after places.
I don't see anyone making Americans out to be the bad guys.

China deliberately created a virus that was initially unleashed on its own population knowing it could potentially kill millions of people before spreading around the World, causing global depression and potentially changing humanity forever???? Yes- sounds plausible

Look after yourselves, family, neighbours and communities.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-23-2020, 04:23 PM

I've been into voluntary confinement since a little while before the government officially declared lockdown in my country because I have aged parents. When the worst is gonna come many will tend to just think about themselves; the advice I can give you is: you can only control yourself but in this situation a single person can make the difference, so follow the rules (even if you have opinions), select your informations, use well social media, try to mantain a positive attitude and above all stay human, because the well-being of others depends from yours. We can't overcome this separated. It's gonna be hard but resist, don't lose hope and stay home as much as you can.

P.S. There is historic eveidence that Spanish flu either originated from France or Kansas.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I've been into voluntary confinement since a little while before the government officially declared lockdown in my country because I have aged parents. When the worst is gonna come many will tend to just think about themselves; the advice I can give you is: you can only control yourself but in this situation a single person can make the difference, so follow the rules (even if you have opinions), select your informations, use well social media, try to mantain a positive attitude and above all stay human, because the well-being of others depends from yours. We can't overcome this separated. It's gonna be hard but resist, don't lose hope and stay home as much as you can.

P.S. There is historic eveidence that Spanish flu either originated from France or Kansas.
Glad you and your parents are staying safe.

I've only made some grocery runs, and stuff for retiling my bathroom(which I just finished a few minutes ago). I've been visiting ONE friend who has been quarantining as well. We're both loners, so we have dinner every other night, and race Mariokart for a couple hours. For people who live alone, it's a more difficult beast...
Old 03-23-2020, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Keep safe and keep positive, ledgies. Above all, keep informed!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-23-2020, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Keep safe and keep positive, ledgies. Above all, keep informed!
What? You got some dirt on $tevie??
Old 03-23-2020, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here in Peru it's already 8 days in quarantine. It's a hard stress.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I live in both Indiana and Tennessee, and both states have a 14 day quarantine going on. It is pretty stressful.

It's supposed to be nice the next couple of days, so I think I'm just going to go for a long drive through the country(not stopping anywhere), just to get out of the house.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Fourth day of quarantine here, and I can't complain. Today is the second day of positive results due to the quarantine. Less infected people each day, so I suspect they will extend it for another two weeks.

It's the beginning of the pandemic for us in South America. Stay safe.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Spanish Flu probably didn't originate in Spain and German Measles probably didn't originate in Germany. There are hundreds of thousands of viruses and 99% are not named after places.
I don't see anyone making Americans out to be the bad guys.

China deliberately created a virus that was initially unleashed on its own population knowing it could potentially kill millions of people before spreading around the World, causing global depression and potentially changing humanity forever???? Yes- sounds plausible

Look after yourselves, family, neighbours and communities.
China doesn’t care about its people. It can’t afford to have Trump as a president for another 4 years. Trying to to tank the economy to stop re-election. He was running on our great economy. Anything is plausible with them.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Somebody at my job tested positive for the virus. The women at work were crying today and extremely upset that we still have to work. It’s soo odd.