Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I gave away and sold my stuff years ago.
back in November 2017 I left ALL the bootlegged F.M. related material (And others...close to about 5000 cd's/dvds) out on a corner next to a collection bin for the "disadvantaged"...and again with no regrets.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-13-2021, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I lost almost all of my vinyl records and I do deeply regret that. Even though, I currently don’t even have a turntable.
When I was moving out of my condo 10 years ago, I threw out all of my albums. I had replaced most of them on CD anyway. The only album that I never replaced on CD was Rock A Little. I did not have a turn table anymore either. The inserts from Rumours and the lyrics on the album sleeves also went in the trash.

I had a great 1987 bootleg that I personally recorded that actually sounded fairly good and I threw it out too since I also no longer had a stereo that played cassettes. It was cool because before the concert began, Stevie yelled: Hello Pittsburgh!

Gosh wouldn't it be fun if we had taken photos of our shrines when we were kids. I was a Fleetwood Mac fan at an odd time right after Mirage because most had considered them jumping the shark after Tusk and then music box Mirage. I found this Fleetwood Mac T shirt at a flea market with an iron on logo (gosh remember iron ons) and had it hanging on my wall. My friends would make fun of me because I cherished the shirt so much that I did not want to wear it for fear the wash would damage the iron on.

I had very unique and rare posters that I also considered throwing away. The only thing that stopped me was someone else out there may enjoy them so I sold them for almost nothing on Ebay.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-13-2021 at 06:08 AM..
Old 09-13-2021, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
If it was toxic, why hold hands and hug on stage from 09 on. Did Mick, John, or Christine not notice how toxic Lindsey was?
I think it’s key that Lindsey and Stevie are only toxic with each other. With the rest of the band, they both interact affably enough to stay in a band together. The idea that Lindsey is so toxic that he poisons the entire band is bogus. They are all fine with him. (John learned how to get along with Lindsey and vice versa a long time ago. They haven’t had any issues with each other for forty years.) Stevie, too, interacts with the other three quite affably, all indications say. It’s only that damn mutual relationship between the Americans that upends the whole band’s movement forward. I don’t think Lindsey and Stevie should be in any band together — for the sake of the band. They are mutual irritants, and it’s apparently very long term, and they have long since been irritating us.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-13-2021, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey who?

I find it very entertaining that Lindsey Buckingham is killing any kind of legacy that he may have by pulling this petty crap three years later on a band that most people don’t really even care about anymore. I know a lot of us do because we have loved them for decades but this is infantile on his part. I am glad Steve and Azoff finally shut him down and spoke out. Anybody who has watched this band since the 70s can tell what kind of person he is. Controlling, egomaniacal, and bitter. He says that she’s alone in this interview. Well guess what loser? You have lost your wife and your kids are probably going with her because you’re an asshole. Just like most of the clueless Lindsey loving members on this board. I know you miss me. Miss $tevie ( yeah that is for the biggest loser of all) will go on and still be popular and productive. All you people are Internet bullies. You chased almost every Stevie fan from this board so I hope you’re enjoying your loneliness. All 10 of you who post here regularly. I hope you’re proud that you’ve killed something that was once very productive and meaningful for fans. Go ahead and banned me for life. I couldn’t care less.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I find it very entertaining that Lindsey Buckingham is killing any kind of legacy that he may have by pulling this petty crap three years later on a band that most people don’t really even care about anymore. I know a lot of us do because we have loved them for decades but this is infantile on his part. I am glad Steve and Azoff finally shut him down and spoke out. Anybody who has watched this band since the 70s can tell what kind of person he is. Controlling, egomaniacal, and bitter. He says that she’s alone in this interview. Well guess what loser? You have lost your wife and your kids are probably going with her because you’re an asshole. Just like most of the clueless Lindsey loving members on this board. I know you miss me. Miss $tevie (yeah that is for the biggest loser of all) will go on and still be popular and productive. All you people are Internet bullies. You chased almost every Stevie fan from this board so I hope you’re enjoying your loneliness. All 10 of you who post here regularly. I hope you’re proud that you’ve killed something that was once very productive and meaningful for fans. Go ahead and banned me for life. I couldn’t care less.
Those are interesting points you raised, John. This is a strange, strange time in Fleetwood Mac’s evolving history. It’ll be interesting to see just where everything lands a year from now, let’s say. Will they all reconcile or not? And to what end? Big concerts? New albums? After boosters, masses of people will certainly be eager to get back to live concerts.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-13-2021, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Don't fire yourself, JohnL!
Old 09-13-2021, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I find it very entertaining that Lindsey Buckingham is killing any kind of legacy that he may have by pulling this petty crap three years later on a band that most people don’t really even care about anymore. I know a lot of us do because we have loved them for decades but this is infantile on his part. I am glad Steve and Azoff finally shut him down and spoke out. Anybody who has watched this band since the 70s can tell what kind of person he is. Controlling, egomaniacal, and bitter. He says that she’s alone in this interview. Well guess what loser? You have lost your wife and your kids are probably going with her because you’re an asshole. Just like most of the clueless Lindsey loving members on this board. I know you miss me. Miss $tevie ( yeah that is for the biggest loser of all) will go on and still be popular and productive. All you people are Internet bullies. You chased almost every Stevie fan from this board so I hope you’re enjoying your loneliness. All 10 of you who post here regularly. I hope you’re proud that you’ve killed something that was once very productive and meaningful for fans. Go ahead and banned me for life. I couldn’t care less.
Bitter much?
Old 09-14-2021, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks hasn't been controlling, egomaniacal, and bitter?

Who wants to roll the tape for this one? We've got plenty of material to draw from.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Stevie Nicks hasn't been controlling, egomaniacal, and bitter?

Who wants to roll the tape for this one? We've got plenty of material to draw from.
I would say you probably have about a 10th as much video and interviews as they are are of Lindsey Buckingham pontificating to everyone in the universe. Looking down on others. Using words that he thinks us regular people don’t even know the meaning to. The man is so self-absorbed and controlling. It is his way or the highway and she kicked into the highway. Actually she didn’t kick into the highway. She told the band to make a choice. I guess that choice was made by Mick Fleetwood but it is what it is. she is the draw whether you like it or not. People love her and her music. Lindsey Buckingham can go back to playing his 300 person concerts. I’m not minimizing his contribution to the band in the sound but the man needs a personality makeover.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Don't fire yourself, JohnL!
Hilarious.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Those are interesting points you raised, John. This is a strange, strange time in Fleetwood Mac’s evolving history. It’ll be interesting to see just where everything lands a year from now, let’s say. Will they all reconcile or not? And to what end? Big concerts? New albums? After boosters, masses of people will certainly be eager to get back to live concerts.
Unfortunately I just don’t see that happening especially now. He is dragging this all up in the press again and he will pay the price. His days and Fleetwood Mac are over with if you ask me. And I wanted to say that I do appreciate the thoughtful comment. Everybody else here just seems to attack. I attack back. I’m not sitting here and putting up with their constant bull**** and hate for bullying. You don’t like Stevie Nicks. Fine. Go to another forum or just keep your mouth shut. I will gladly do the same about him.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unfortunately I just don’t see that happening especially now. He is dragging this all up in the press again and he will pay the price. His days and Fleetwood Mac are over with if you ask me. And I wanted to say that I do appreciate the thoughtful comment. Everybody else here just seems to attack. I attack back. I’m not sitting here and putting up with their constant bull**** and hate for bullying. You don’t like Stevie Nicks. Fine. Go to another forum or just keep your mouth shut. I will gladly do the same about him.
You're not in the Stevie Nicks forum, this is the Rumours forum.

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-14-2021 at 12:12 PM..
Old 09-14-2021, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would say you probably have about a 10th as much video and interviews as they are are of Lindsey Buckingham pontificating to everyone in the universe. Looking down on others. Using words that he thinks us regular people don’t even know the meaning to. The man is so self-absorbed and controlling. It is his way or the highway and she kicked into the highway. Actually she didn’t kick into the highway. She told the band to make a choice. I guess that choice was made by Mick Fleetwood but it is what it is. she is the draw whether you like it or not. People love her and her music. Lindsey Buckingham can go back to playing his 300 person concerts. I’m not minimizing his contribution to the band in the sound but the man needs a personality makeover.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:00 PM
BigAl84
This message has been deleted by BigAl84.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh...I get it. You're triggered by people who are educated and don't necessarily sound like an idiot. Fair enough, that's all you had to say. Everything else makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
You're not in the Stevie Nicks forum, this is the Rumours forum.
I owe you a beer and a shot, Big Al!