The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2021, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

…woke up at 5am and couldn’t get back to sleep.
I know I’ll read The Ledge for awhile, so I’ve just read almost 2 days worth of fun and laughter. And good informed stuff too. I just love the what’s written on here.

Keep it up guys, me I’m ready to go back to sleep now….Big thanks.Zzzzzz.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Psychotic behavior. I once cried for 4 hours on the phone to a Miami University (in Ohio) psychologist who was writing some thesis on soaps and she sought me out due to my posts on Prodigy. I was terribly upset about the way Frisco Jones was written off of General Hospital.
Well this is very revealing and so unlike the way I pictured you but I appreciate your honesty. To me you seemed like a person who is stoic and always keeps her cool and is in total control of her emotions.
In the mid 1990's during the endless OJ Simpson televised trial I once called ABC TV in NYC and filled their answering machine with a three minute rant about the trial pre-empting my ABC soaps on a regular basis, because those shows didn't have repeats, and I felt we can watch the news for the OJ updates. I probably made that same phone call 3 different times and felt great satisfaction when I watched the news one evening and the newscaster said fans from all over America were calling ABC in NY & LA complaining about the same thing I was.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Well this is very revealing and so unlike the way I pictured you but I appreciate your honesty. To me you seemed like a person who is stoic and always keeps her cool and is in total control of her emotions.
In the mid 1990's during the endless OJ Simpson televised trial I once called ABC TV in NYC and filled their answering machine with a three minute rant about the trial pre-empting my ABC soaps on a regular basis, because those shows didn't have repeats, and I felt we can watch the news for the OJ updates. I probably made that same phone call 3 different times and felt great satisfaction when I watched the news one evening and the newscaster said fans from all over America were calling ABC in NY & LA complaining about the same thing I was.
OMG, did you ever notice that they always interrupt The Price Is Right for any special report?

Pisses me off to no end. I stay in bed until it's time for TPIR, then get up and they force me to watch some stupid politician!
Old 09-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, they’re pretty cringe — entertaining but cringe. Not because of what he’s saying but the fact that he is dwelling on that business at all. He is on tour and a new album is about to get released. He should redirect entirely to those things. The best way to convey his disdain for Stevie or the Mac is to reply to every question about them with supreme detachment. “Stevie? I suppose all is well with her, but you’d need to ask Karen.” “Mick? Oh, he’s enjoying himself, I hear.” “The 2018 tour? I hear it was hugely profitable. Best of luck to the band!”
He has a chance of creating more tour buzz and digital sales by going low. Is that ethical or respectable? I think we know the answer. But, as far as American popular culture is concerned, those concepts sank like sad little ships some time ago

Plus there's this I wrote in the Lindsey forum:

By making this [Trump] analogy, Lindsey knows the only way back in to Fleetwood Mac is to climb down into the crevasse, take the plunge into potentially self-annihilating territory, to blow everything up and hope doing so allows him space to climb out and pick up the pieces. I think he has a BETTER chance of returning to the fold BECAUSE of the incendiary comments and his rattling Nicks and Azoff. I could be wrong. We'll see.

Meanwhile, John is on his boat or in his home and is sleeping like a baby regardless of how any of this turns out.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm in the process of ~most likely~ moving, and I've reached the closet where all that memorabilia lives. I've got folders of every FM article I could ever clip. Posters. A Tusk tour book. I can never throw that sh*t away...
if you ever do sell/get rid of it.....you want a percentage, and I'm the fool paying the dues...
Old 09-11-2021, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I find I have fewer emotions than I did in 1987. I mean, I squealed when Christine joined them onstage in London, but since then things have been quite sedate. The girl is gone.
Old 09-11-2021, 12:58 PM

Oh my!! I remember Frisco!! haha
Old 09-11-2021, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
if you ever do sell/get rid of it.....you want a percentage, and I'm the fool paying the dues...
Even though I've been getting rid of TONS of stuff, I can't imagine ever getting rid of my FM stuff...my obsession with them in junior high and high school made me who I am.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I think that she might have found a way to push Lindsey out anyway.
Because–particularly after 1996–you needed Mick plus at least two of the Rumours songwriters to viably call it FM, Christine's rejoining gave Stevie the opportunity to push out Lindsey, which she may have wanted to do for some time (perhaps since the making of Say You Will).

She had to wait out Buckingham-McVie and then MusiCares to pull the trigger – at which point she did.

Last edited by cbBen; 09-11-2021 at 06:59 PM..
Old 09-11-2021, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Even though I've been getting rid of TONS of stuff, I can't imagine ever getting rid of my FM stuff...my obsession with them in junior high and high school made me who I am.
I gave away and sold my stuff years ago. I had these extremely rare Mac and Stevie posters that I found at my parents house and sold them on Ebay just to get rid of them. Practically gave them away. One Stevie poster was so rare I never saw another one like it and was imported from England, a full live photo from the Tusk Tour. Had the original double sided Tusk poster and a 1976 original poster too.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I gave away and sold my stuff years ago. I had these extremely rare Mac and Stevie posters that I found at my parents house and sold them on Ebay just to get rid of them. Practically gave them away. One Stevie poster was so rare I never saw another one like it and was imported from England, a full live photo from the Tusk Tour. Had the original double sided Tusk poster and a 1976 original poster too.
Zero regrets?
Old 09-12-2021, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Zero regrets?
None. I had my shrine when I was an early teen. It was just taking up space and someone else can enjoy them. Funny thing is I threw most of it away but kept the posters because they were so rare.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I lost almost all of my vinyl records and I do deeply regret that. Even though, I currently don’t even have a turntable.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I lost almost all of my vinyl records and I do deeply regret that. Even though, I currently don’t even have a turntable.
I had White, Rumours, Tusk, and Bella Donna on 8 track. I truly regret giving them away.

I did find an 8 track Rumours in a thrift shop a couple years ago, and snagged it(and no, I don't have a player for them, I just like that they remind me of junior high school).
Old 09-12-2021, 04:31 PM

I had every album and solo albums (up to Tango)

I regret leaving them in Cleveland.