User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I think it's never say never, in that for some ungodly sum of money, maybe it would happen, but I think it most likely won't. Stevie is still super pissed and holds the strings as far as FM touring as a big moneymaker. Maybe if one of them dies, the others will do something together, but that's the best we can hope for. Sadly.
Well, it’s pretty clear who should pass away for the rest to make a reunion/farewell tour....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, it’s pretty clear who should pass away for the rest to make a reunion/farewell tour....
noooooo.... coz then her glaring absence would be more noticeable and if she had passed then the majority of the audience would be sentimental about her not being there and it would become ALL about her and missing her. Better if she's still around and they go anyway (I'd rather they not go AT ALL) because then she looks petty like she did all the times before Chris returned and she held up the whole band and Mick and to a lesser extent LB got better press because they came off as reasonable band members wanting to tour and she came off as the brat. However now that LB has stirred the pot, it has created a plausible excuse for her to not be there-- "She's not there because he 'attacked' her in the media and was 'toxic' so why should she tour with him" etc etc etc. He needs to stop talking about her and her personal life. He has every right to talk about the firing, but he can't suddenly go all soft on Mick about it either.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
noooooo.... coz then her glaring absence would be more noticeable and if she had passed then the majority of the audience would be sentimental about her not being there and it would become ALL about her and missing her. Better if she's still around and they go anyway (I'd rather they not go AT ALL) because then she looks petty like she did all the times before Chris returned and she held up the whole band and Mick and to a lesser extent LB got better press because they came off as reasonable band members wanting to tour and she came off as the brat. However now that LB has stirred the pot, it has created a plausible excuse for her to not be there-- "She's not there because he 'attacked' her in the media and was 'toxic' so why should she tour with him" etc etc etc. He needs to stop talking about her and her personal life. He has every right to talk about the firing, but he can't suddenly go all soft on Mick about it either.

He needs to stop talking about these four as*holes and add more tour dates while promoting his solo album. But we all know they all LOVE the drama FM still generate. They just love it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
But we all know they all LOVE the drama FM still generate. They just love it.
They really do love it. All of them. It's so childish!
Old 09-10-2021, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They really do love it. All of them. It's so childish!
They just need to hop in the sack on last time.....and at this point, just pick the 2. It actually doesn't matter.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:25 PM
Ledgie

I'm guessing No. If you want a Rumours lineup Farewell Tour, tap into your fond memories of 2015 because That Was It.

Christine is 78. That's verging on elderly. And her vocals were noticeably subpar on the footage I peeked at for the 2018 "FleetMac Karaoke" tour.

John is 75 and not in good health. And it's been said he doesn't want to.

Mick is 75 and not sure he's really up to it either, though he's the only one who truly seems to want to do it.

Lindsey is currently still fired and (understandably) bitter about it. Plus health issues and his voice is weakened.

Stevie, it couldn't be clearer to me, wants to spend her remaining performing years being Capital-S Stevie doing her solo thing, and doing it entirely on her terms. She didn't seem to enjoy the band's lame 2018 tour and new lineup that much, even though she's the one who set that particular outcome in motion. Everything she's said/posted online in 2020-2021 about wanting to perform again and feeling like there's precious little time left... has (to me) the flavor of wanting to do it all her way and only her way. Solo. And to her credit, she's done a good job maintaining her health and her singing voice (such as it is).. it's basically unchanged since Say You Will, and you're either a fan of Older Stevie's vocals or you're not.

So that's far short of a situation in which all five of them actually even want to do it.

And even if they all did want to, age is cruel. The health issues, and the ability to play well for hours or to still sound good singing. 70 may be the new 60, but 80 is still damn old. And they are headed in that direction, Christine first, the rest to follow soon after. Almost no musical artist can do a tour at age 80 and do it well. There's a reason our national retirement age is 65.

So, No. I deeply doubt it can happen. If there is a farewell *concert* -- a single event -- with the five of them, we'll be lucky.

Last edited by BlueLantern; 09-12-2021 at 07:33 PM..
Old 09-14-2021, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
Stevie, it couldn't be clearer to me, wants to spend her remaining performing years being Capital-S Stevie doing her solo thing, and doing it entirely on her terms.
I really do agree with you here, BlueLantern.

Quote:
She didn't seem to enjoy the band's lame 2018 tour and new lineup that much, even though she's the one who set that particular outcome in motion.
She was Queen Bee on that tour, surrounded by love and fawning respect. Which makes me wonder just where her classic performances are from that tour. Did she galvanize us with anything? Her solo tour with Chrissie Hynde was filled with all sorts of memorable moments, but where are those memorable moments from Stevie on this last Mac tour? You must be right: she wasn’t ecstatic about touring with Mac, with or without her arch enemy.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-14-2021, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I really do agree with you here, BlueLantern.

She was Queen Bee on that tour, surrounded by love and fawning respect. Which makes me wonder just where her classic performances are from that tour. Did she galvanize us with anything? Her solo tour with Chrissie Hynde was filled with all sorts of memorable moments, but where are those memorable moments from Stevie on this last Mac tour? You must be right: she wasn’t ecstatic about touring with Mac, with or without her arch enemy.
What's interesting about the Chrissie Hynde moments, she had them scrubbed from the DVD concert release!