The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Seems like I stepped into some disagreement on here among posters. Life imitates art imitates life. Sometimes I wonder if reading about the crazy fights of 70-somethings who should all know better is good for any of us.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I don't think this is going to get Lindsey and closer to rejoining the band, but I applaud him telling his truth. They really did him wrong back in early 2018, going on CBS and spouting lies. He has no reason to lie, he's gone from the band and has his own solo career. He could have easily said, yea, I'm hard to work with and I give Stevie a hard time, so I should be gone. The truth is hard and ugly. Stevie didn't want to record anymore because she has no new songs. Lindsey even sent her music tracks to put lyrics too and she wouldn't do it. Pride I guess. She wanted the band to behave and play songs she wanted. And It would be hard to see Lindsey still active and mobile on stage when she is not as able to do that anymore. She should have given up the boots long ago and gone with a lower heel and not those awful Frakenbocks. It's all about her image.
He states (in RS interview I think) that that is what he would do for her in the past implying that some of her songs during FM heyday were actually collaborations with him. I wish he would be more specific. I mean I think we know he totally crafted Rhiannon, Dreams, Silver Springs, etc into the songs we know because her original versions were far less dynamic (for mass market release).

Ok, found it. Here's his quote:
“I sent her some tracks of mine, because back in the prime Fleetwood Mac creative days that was something that fulfilled her. It completed her in a way that I don’t think she has been completed since. She could have availed herself of that, but she didn’t want to.”

Not sure what he means by it "completed her"... it sounds like he means creatively but maybe also personally?? It feels like a possible reference to her work with Dave (and others, but that was her most recent)... where she put her lyrics to musical tracks Dave wrote (even though Dave started with her lyrics and created a track based on that, and then the two of them came back together and she worked on writing the melody for her words to his track). We know that she couldn't work out Soldier's Angel to her satisfaction with Dave and had to call in Lindsey to bail her out. the reality is, she did that a LOT all throughout her solo career, without ever giving him any public (or maybe not even private) credit. Tom Petty mentioned it in an interview, how he would struggle with what to do when trying to produce some of her songs and then Lindsey would come in with something and Tom would go "Oh, of course!" when he heard Lindsey's inputs. He went on to say that Lindsey "really is her best producer". But she's always insisted she got successful totally without his help

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-09-2021 at 01:49 PM..
Old 09-09-2021, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The battle of the hardcore introvert and extrovert continues!
Old 09-09-2021, 01:55 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Seems like I stepped into some disagreement on here among posters. Life imitates art imitates life. Sometimes I wonder if reading about the crazy fights of 70-somethings who should all know better is good for any of us.
You didn't step into anything. Besides a good FM SN/LB debate. I was just saying it might be best not to stir the POC pot. Unless you're referencing something concrete that you know of or read in an article.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The only reason Trump is brought up here is because Lindsey did bring him up in the article.
Bwboy has brought up Trump with regard to an FM post before. I think the question posed to elle about the victor of the 2020 election was disrespectful. Elle is tough however!

I totally respect your words, Jbrowns.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
The battle of the hardcore introvert and extrovert continues!
Isn't that weird!??!!
Old 09-09-2021, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I hope bwboy is admonished for bringing up Trump and the election. And for asking elle if she thought Trump won the election. That was really disrespectful and it reads as if bwboy was trying to insult elle's intelligence.

I was admonished for highlighting Stevie's actions towards a person of color. So only right.
Read Lindsey's interview. He compares Fleetwood Mac members to Trump and the republicans i.e. surrender your soul, your beliefs, your core, your legacy, your morals for fear of the wrath of the tyrant.

Its completely fair to talk about.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So here's the statement Stevie released through her publicist when contacted by Rolling Stone. They have mostly cut-and-pasted her previous statement but with some additional comments:

This seems like a good time to hear from Nicks, who responded with this statement when asked for comment:

“It’s unfortunate that Lindsey has chosen to tell a revisionist history of what transpired in 2018 with Fleetwood Mac,” Nicks wrote to “Rolling Stone.” “His version of events is factually inaccurate, and while I’ve never spoken publicly on the matter, preferring to not air dirty laundry, certainly it feels the time has come to shine a light on the truth. Following an exceedingly difficult time with Lindsey at MusiCares in New York, in 2018, I decided for myself that I was no longer willing to work with him. I could publicly reflect on the many reasons why, and perhaps I will do that someday in a memoir, but suffice it to say we could start in 1968 and work up to 2018 with a litany of very precise reasons why I will not work with him. To be exceedingly clear, I did not have him fired, I did not ask for him to be fired, I did not demand he be fired. Frankly, I fired myself. I proactively removed myself from the band and a situation I considered to be toxic to my well-being. I was done. If the band went on without me, so be it. I have championed independence my whole life, and I believe every human being should have the absolute freedom to set their boundaries of what they can and cannot work with. And after many lengthy group discussions, Fleetwood Mac, a band whose legacy is rooted in evolution and change, found a new path forward with two hugely talented new members.

Further to that, as for a comment on “family” — I was thrilled for Lindsey when he had children, but I wasn’t interested in making those same life choices. Those are my decisions that I get to make for myself. I’m proud of the life choices I’ve made, and it seems a shame for him to pass judgment on anyone who makes a choice to live their life on their own terms, even if it looks differently from what his life choices have been.”
Old 09-09-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Bwboy has brought up Trump with regard to an FM post before. I think the question posed to elle about the victor of the 2020 election was disrespectful. Elle is tough however!

I totally respect your words, Jbrowns.
Well thanks! I have the fun task of being angry at "you know who" and making sure this doesn't get out of control. I blame Lindsey for bringing up Trump in the article. Did he fall down and hit his head on the pavement? Who's the PR guy?

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-09-2021 at 07:01 PM..
Old 09-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well thanks! I have the fun task of being angry at "you know who" and making sure this doesn't get out of control. I blame Lindsey for bringing up Trump in the article. Did he fall down and hit his head on the pavement? Who's the PR guy?
well... in all seriousness, this could put him in an interesting position, if he's working without at PR person.

Stevie clearly is, and she's clearly working with PR people who are of a younger generation, or at least who are aware of the current climate of how one can talk about women and their life choices, especially if one is a white male. I can see all the "right" buzzwords in her statement which has clearly been crafted by someone other than her (e.g., respecting life choices, a woman gets to make her own life choices, it's her right to do so, she took herself out of a toxic situation, not good for her well being, everyone has the right to define the boundaries of what is and isn't healthy for them). He has been rich and famous for such a long time now and he's of a baby boomer generation who don't always realize (like it or not, that's another issue) how things have changed. (As a side note, I recently watched a really good new series on Netflix starring Sandra Oh from Grey's Anatomy/Killing Eve as a professor at an old established university, and one of the characters gets totally blown up (figuratively) in this kind of attempt to express his thoughts to a younger generation..scarily realistic).

Not saying I think this is all ok, just that times have changed. And that she is clearly not above pushing her own very drastically revised version of history with regard to herself and her "feminism". And she's not above pulling in others like Azoff and who knows who else to publicly dump on him and support her. (Her mentioning that she could make a list of things from 1968-2018 and maybe she will some day in a memoir seems like a not-so-veiled threat to me...)

Also in today's world everyone already has picked their side and doesn't listen to facts or anything that contradicts that (hence the politics example, or even the whole Harry/Meghan situation, etc). so anyone in the Stevie tribe won't listen to any of it.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-09-2021 at 07:48 PM..
Old 09-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well... in all seriousness, this could put him in an interesting position, if he's working without at PR person.

Stevie clearly is, and she's clearly working with PR people who are of a younger generation, or at least who are aware of the current climate of how one can talk about women and their life choices, especially if one is a white male. I can see all the "right" buzzwords in her statement which has clearly been crafted by someone other than her (e.g., respecting life choices, a woman gets to make her own life choices, it's her right to do so, she took herself out of a toxic situation, not good for her well being, everyone has the right to define the boundaries of what is and isn't healthy for them). He has been rich and famous for such a long time now and he's of a baby boomer generation who don't always realize (like it or not, that's another issue) how things have changed. (As a side note, I recently watched a new series on Netflix starring Sandra Oh from Grey's Anatomy/Killing Eve as a professor at a n old established university, and one of the characters gets totally blown up (figuratively) in this kind of attempt to express his thoughts to a younger generation).

Not saying I think this is all ok, just that times have changed. And that she is clearly not above pushing her own very drastically revised version of history with regard to herself and her "feminism". And she's not above pulling in others like Azoff and who knows who else to publicly dump on him and support her. (Her mentioning that she could make a list of things from 1968-2018 and maybe she will some day in a memoir seems like a not-so-veiled threat to me...)

Also in today's world everyone already has picked their side and doesn't listen to facts or anything that contradicts that (hence the politics example, or even the whole Harry/Meghan situation, etc). so anyone in the Stevie tribe won't listen to any of it.
yes to all of this. while i enjoy unfiltered Lindsey, he does need a younger person (other than his kids) to make sure he doesn't dig himself into a hole with his boomer language.

yes, FM fans know she wanted kids she has said so many times, but others do not and he loses people right there. like you said, her publicist-written response has all the right buzz wording for making her look like a strong woman martyr, while making him look like a complete old-fashioned prick. he should stop talking about her recent private life because he is not anymore a part of it.

and she should stop talking about his private life from 50 years ago, when she complained how he went out with Don Everly to make money as a musician and left her poor thing alone in Aspen.

i do love the 1968 thing. makes her look like this petty person living her life holding onto 50 year old grudges and plotting the revenge on the guy she dumped decades ago. not exactly a strong woman living her life to the fullest, no? and makes it clear this him or me had nothing to do with Musicares, she has plotted this from 1968, apparently!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2021, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Read Lindsey's interview. He compares Fleetwood Mac members to Trump and the republicans i.e. surrender your soul, your beliefs, your core, your legacy, your morals for fear of the wrath of the tyrant.
I know, I read that in the interview. But how does that Trump comparison by Lindsey merit this quote:
"It was FM when Lindsey quit the band, it was FM when Stevie quit the band, it was FM when Christine quit the band, and it was FM when Lindsey was fired from the band. Saying it wasn’t is reminiscent of the Trump era. You can repeat it over and over again, doesn’t make it true. Or do you think Trump really won the election, too?"
Old 09-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, I read that in the interview. But how does that Trump comparison by Lindsey merit this quote:
"It was FM when Lindsey quit the band, it was FM when Stevie quit the band, it was FM when Christine quit the band, and it was FM when Lindsey was fired from the band. Saying it wasnt is reminiscent of the Trump era. You can repeat it over and over again, doesnt make it true. Or do you think Trump really won the election, too?"
lol. i have no idea what bwboy was going on about there since he completely switched the topic from whatever i was talking about - and yeah that has nothing to do with Lindsey's quote.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2021, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow what a way for a once great band to go down in flames. Thank gawd ABBA is putting out a new album ..now there is a band that handled itself and their interpersonal turmoil with grace and class.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

If Tom Petty didnt die in October 2017, Lindsey would of never been fired from the band. So Stevie wanted her other very good friend Mike Campbell in the band, imo.