User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
The link to the Neil interview is in the "Present Band" forum.

But for those who are not inclined to check there, and as it's relevant to what the band may do next and Mick's role in everything, I'll post here as well:
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/neil...150000006.html
thanks for bringing up the present band forum - i kept getting these Finn interviews in my Lindsey google searches and was thinking about posting LB parts here - but never even occurred to me that there is part of this forum where Neil is supposed to fit lol.

i posted the whole article there (not the yahoo one, but the other one).

as i mentioned there, i thought it was interesting how he says performing Lindsey's music inspired him to write upbeat / uptempo songs like Lindsey 's songs, instead of slow melancholic ones like he's been doing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-01-2021, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'd love for Lindsey and Mick (John if willing) to play in studio this year. .
no.

Lindsey needs to release and tour his solo album this year.

Mick and Lindsey and Chris and whoever else can go into studio in parallel or after that, but Lindsey is 71 and there is no time to waste. he needs to tour his new music (that's been in the can for 3 + years and is old by now) asap.

as far as FM, apparently if FM would re-unite with Lindsey, they would be considered as a worthy act for Desert Trip 2 - and as that would be a one-off and full circle bringing Lindsey back into Fleetwood Mac, something like that would work fine for everything and everyone (except Stevie of course, who wants to make sure FM is SN, and not the 5 and not LB) - Lindsey back in FM and the legacy, plus no time wasting on FM anymore -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveba...h=6c602a2a1c55

Five Years Later, Could There Be A Desert Trip 2? If So, Here Is The Perfect Lineup With Springsteen, Paul Simon, Dolly And More

Other possible artists:

While that is my ideal Desert Trip 2 there are a lot of other options. For instance if the festival wanted to stay strictly '70s Fleetwood Mac, with Lindsey Buckingham, would qualify as an event. Likewise Black Sabbath doing a final show with Ozzy Osbourne, and sharing the stage that night with AC/DC or Aerosmith, would be a great '70s rock night. Another long shot like R.E.M. but one that would be incredible Abba, who do have new music promised for 2021. Diana Ross is an option, as are the Eagles.

Of course when talking about the greatest artists of the '70s Elton John and Billy Joel both near the top of the list. And one big reason I didn't list them above is they both still play out frequently and have toured together, so wouldn't have the same event feel as Wonder and Simon or U2 and R.E.M.. But obviously would be an incredible night of hits from two icons.

If R.E.M. reuniting, admittedly a big long shot, is not an option, a reunited Police or Talking Heads both would be equally big and perfect to share a stage with U2 on night three.

Lastly year one saw Roger Waters representing Pink Floyd so why couldn't Robert Plant, who does perform Zeppelin songs, and does so brilliantly, fly the flag as a solo performer? There's no reason he couldn't. And it would be nice for both he and the audience to see the greatest frontman in the history of rock back in that big a spotlight.

So, as you can see there are a lot of artists and combos that, five years later, could make a second Desert Trip a historic event in its own right. Now hopefully it happens.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-01-2021, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no.

Lindsey needs to release and tour his solo album this year.

Mick and Lindsey and Chris and whoever else can go into studio in parallel or after that, but Lindsey is 71 and there is no time to waste. he needs to tour his new music (that's been in the can for 3 + years and is old by now) asap.

as far as FM, apparently if FM would re-unite with Lindsey, they would be considered as a worthy act for Desert Trip 2 - and as that would be a one-off and full circle bringing Lindsey back into Fleetwood Mac, something like that would work fine for everything and everyone (except Stevie of course, who wants to make sure FM is SN, and not the 5 and not LB) - Lindsey back in FM and the legacy, plus no time wasting on FM anymore -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveba...h=6c602a2a1c55

Five Years Later, Could There Be A Desert Trip 2? If So, Here Is The Perfect Lineup With Springsteen, Paul Simon, Dolly And More

Other possible artists:

While that is my ideal Desert Trip 2 there are a lot of other options. For instance if the festival wanted to stay strictly '70s Fleetwood Mac, with Lindsey Buckingham, would qualify as an event. Likewise Black Sabbath doing a final show with Ozzy Osbourne, and sharing the stage that night with AC/DC or Aerosmith, would be a great '70s rock night. Another long shot like R.E.M. but one that would be incredible Abba, who do have new music promised for 2021. Diana Ross is an option, as are the Eagles.

Of course when talking about the greatest artists of the '70s Elton John and Billy Joel both near the top of the list. And one big reason I didn't list them above is they both still play out frequently and have toured together, so wouldn't have the same event feel as Wonder and Simon or U2 and R.E.M.. But obviously would be an incredible night of hits from two icons.

If R.E.M. reuniting, admittedly a big long shot, is not an option, a reunited Police or Talking Heads both would be equally big and perfect to share a stage with U2 on night three.

Lastly year one saw Roger Waters representing Pink Floyd so why couldn't Robert Plant, who does perform Zeppelin songs, and does so brilliantly, fly the flag as a solo performer? There's no reason he couldn't. And it would be nice for both he and the audience to see the greatest frontman in the history of rock back in that big a spotlight.

So, as you can see there are a lot of artists and combos that, five years later, could make a second Desert Trip a historic event in its own right. Now hopefully it happens.
I don't think they'd do Desert Trip. The Classic was Live Nation's counter to Desert Trip.

I think they should do Coachella proper, not OldChella
Old 06-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think they'd do Desert Trip. The Classic was Live Nation's counter to Desert Trip.:
yep and far less successful or iconic. but you're right, as long as FM is under Azoff's thumb, they'll do his new venue for old people that's opening end of 2022 instead.

Quote:
I think they should do Coachella proper, not OldChella
FM buried their right to do anything that's not oldies related back after they never did an album of new music after then one that came out 18 years ago. Oldchella is too good for them but ok.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes, but Bob Weston didn't.
Westons penis controlled his fate.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Westons penis controlled his fate.
He probably used it better than Mick.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've just listened to this - Mick, as we know, is a world class rambler, and over the course of an hour, it can be bewildering to follow his train of thought (such as it is).

Not a huge amount of new ground covered here, inevitably. He talks again about being back in touch with Lindsey, who apparently said he'd like to 'come out and play' with Fleetwood Mac, (who would still include Mike and Neil). Mick says again he hopes to record with Lindsey, and said he'd like to record instrumental music with him. Beyond that, a ramble down memory lane.

All in all, a nice listen, because Gary and Guy really seemed to enjoy talking to Mick. One to have on while you're doing the ironing...

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000524358877
Old 06-06-2021, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Not a huge amount of new ground covered here, inevitably. He talks again about being back in touch with Lindsey, who apparently said he'd like to 'come out and play' with Fleetwood Mac, (who would still include Mike and Neil). Mick says again he hopes to record with Lindsey, and said he'd like to record instrumental music with him. Beyond that, a ramble down memory lane.
Thank you for the report!

You know with Mick talking about Lindsey at every interview... it cements to me that they f****d up the way they threw him out of the band.

I would've thought that Lindsey suing the band and the fact that they had to settle (they had all the money in the world to fight Lindsey's suit in court) meant Mick would've never spoken to Lindsey again. But good on them both if they can still be "friends" for the rest of their lives.

I hope he doesn't return for a farewell concert with FM. Make music with Mick and John for fun, but no FM concert or tour.

That band is like Beach Boys...milking the oldies until the end of time.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here's the podcast via youtube -

btw, he pretty much settles the whole argument that creeps up over and over again because Stevie and her people are trying to sweep under the rug the part of band only wanting Lindsey. yes, band only wanted Lindsey, that's something Stevie will never forgive Mick, but Lindsey was very clear that it should be both of them, that they already have truckload of new songs and that she wrote half of them.

the whole "makes me cry" bs is nauseating. yes Mick you are weak weasel who will throw friends under the bus for the money. it made us cry when you did it with our band, when you did it with Lindsey ("we don't do that"? he is more than dyslexic to be able to spout such bs in the same breath when talking about doing that to Lindsey, and of course he did it to several others too).

anyway. Mick and FM basically treated very accomplished has beens as hired players for the tour. it helped them to put their names out there. now they are gone on capitalizing on their year of playing with FM. insisting on having them in the closing chapter of the band is kinda embarrassing. Classic 5 can probably do a one-off like they did the Dance and call it a day.

it will never happen though because Stevie holds all the cards no matter how hard Mick is trying to get them back. and it's her band now - she doesn't want FM to be the band of Classic 5 or of Peter Green. she wants it to be Stevie Nicks' band. so she will never agree to get Lindsey back. i guess keeping Neil and Mike waters it down enough in Mick's mind that he's thinking maybe she'll agree to that. kinda like when Lindsey came to those 2 LA shows back on the Tango tour is i guess what Mick is thinking.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
TI hope he doesn't return for a farewell concert with FM. Make music with Mick and John for fun, but no FM concert or tour.
farewell concert as FM (not with FM) would be fine. it would re-establish Classic 5 as ultimate FM.

farewell tour though? NO!

Old 06-06-2021, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

it will never happen though because Stevie holds all the cards no matter how hard Mick is trying to get them back. and it's her band now - she doesn't want FM to be the band of Classic 5 or of Peter Green. she wants it to be Stevie Nicks' band. so she will never agree to get Lindsey back. i guess keeping Neil and Mike waters it down enough in Mick's mind that he's thinking maybe she'll agree to that. kinda like when Lindsey came to those 2 LA shows back on the Tango tour is i guess what Mick is thinking.
Lindsey made cameo appearances at the end of the BTM tour. This guy used to have an ego the size of Montana. What happened to it. If he would lower himself to appear onstage for a run through of GYOW (and Tear it Up, I guess) with Neil and Mike then his family needs to sue for medical malpractice. They saved his heart, but they obviously took something else from him.

Dont Dream its Over, dude.

I am not adverse to a tour. But what you said has got to be the way it is. It has to be AS Fleetwood Mac. He better not make an appearance with FM and wave and bow to the crowd, then humbly return to the wings. No. If he suggested any such thing to Mick, Id like to strangle him.

Where has my guy gone?
Old 06-06-2021, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick and FM basically treated very accomplished has beens as hired players for the tour. it helped them to put their names out there. now they are gone on capitalizing on their year of playing with FM.

I don't think they were has beens. Mike did do an oldies tour with Tom in 2017; it was a 40th anniversary tour but for their 30th they did tour a new album. He had his band The Dirty Knobs and could've produced artists rather than join the FM tour.
Neil is popular in Australia and New Zealand. He releases music rather regularly. But sure, the FM money was an offer you can't refuse.
But if they wanted to go big with replacing Lindsey, they would've chosen Harry Styles.
I agree Neil and Mike are enjoying more attention and likely interest in their other projects because they were in FM.
I don't even think there will be another FM concert. I don't see Nicks going for it unless it's Glasto or like a one off at Central Park.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Where has my guy gone?
He's allowed himself to be neutered. It's insane. He's completely lost his balls, all for chasing the Big Machine.

god I hope he never goes back. Something WITHOUT $tevie would be acceptable(I guess), but with her, no way!

The band of my life is dead to me.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:13 AM

Elle is spot on. There's so much subtext here that they even consider changing history for GOAT. It's shameful that $he and her mgmt OWN FMac. I'll use the Tony quote yet again. "She's strangled the band."

Choked it to near death.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-07-2021 at 09:33 AM..
Old 06-07-2021, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Elle is spot on. There's so much subtext here that they even consider changing history for GOAT. It's shameful that $he and her mgmt OWN FMac. I'll use the Tony quote yet again. "She's strangled the band."

Choked it to near death.
I think death might be here. And it's about time, with the way things have gone the past few years. Thanks a lot, you old goat.

BTW, they got what they deserved...