User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
FM's social media is promoting this. I'll get impaled for saying this but there could be backchannel talking happening with Stevie and Lindsey people to feel out future "collaboration."

I'm just shocked that they're selling live performance recordings from the Lindsey years. Mick during the 2018 CBS interview said "this is absolutely a new band" This just doesn't seem to be how you'd proceed with a new lineup in tact. They're highlighting Lindsey as a member in the promotional video. There are a lot of Lindsey lead vocals in this set.
I'm not shocked at all. Mick is a giant liar and that crap about a new band was just that, crap. They were never going to record an album. If they were so hell bent on being a new band, they would've recorded an album or even a single and then toured. It was a cash grab tour and Stevie wasn't going to do it with Lindsey, and Mick wasn't going to make as much money with Lindsey and without Stevie, so they fired Lindsey and got some replacements who could stand in and still get away with calling it Fleetwood Mac. Just like with Lindsey in the post-SYW years, I am certain Neil and Mike along with Mick and the Mac's would have done an album as Fleetwood Mac, but Stevie wasn't going to do it. I'm sure they still thought there was a chance, but the pandemic killed everything. Now the gravy train is drying up quick and Mick has to reposition himself and his ability to make some coin. Next thing you know he's talking to Lindsey. And we're going to go right back to rereleasing old stuff that features Lindsey because he can make money off of it.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mick is a lying sack of sh*t. A deluxe scumbag.
you said it so much more succinctly than I!!!
Old 02-10-2021, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So....has anyone listened to The Chain on Spotify yet? I'm not the best at this and some of you are experts at spotting this stuff, but I feel like this is not from the Cleveland 1980 show. It doesn't sound Tusk-era at all. It sounds like it's from the Mirage tour. On my first listen I was like, this sounds familiar. After a couple listens, it's almost spot on to the Mirage video. Like, maybe from the other night at The Forum from the video. Lindsey's guitar sounds more like 1982 and even some of his and Stevie's ad-libs sound like Mirage. Have I lost it or anyone else hearing this?
Old 02-10-2021, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
3. Think About Me ** Kemper Arena, Kansas City, MO (8/24/80) [3:15]
4.What Makes You Think You’re The One ** Kansas Coliseum, Wichita, KS
(8/23/80) [4:13]
10. Tusk ** Kemper Arena, Kansas City, MO (8/24/80) [6:25]
12. Sisters Of The Moon ** Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NB (8/21/80) [7:05]
13. Songbird ** Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NB (8/21/80) [3:55]
These tracks are very exciting. I couldn’t be happier. I am always drawn back quite nostalgically to the final month of the 1980 tour, and consider that month the band’s live pinnacle (not counting the blistering Green days, of course). The most heavily invested jamming I can ever remember the band doing — the most playful sort of musical circumnavigation and the brashest, snottiest attitude — was during that month on all of Lindsey Buckingham’s battering-ram songs: “What Makes You Think,” “World Turning,” “Go Your Own Way,” and above all “Not That Funny.”

We got a great little taste of the final month on the Tusk Deluxe, with an incendiary “Rhiannon,” a “Landslide,” and a memorable “Songbird” (with a trippy and difficult-to-play little musical bridge). So being able to add these cuts is hard to beat.

Perhaps I’d make one change: as much as I love the “Tusk” performances in August (very long and narcotizing in a good way), I would have included a “Tusk” from the Los Angeles Forum in December 1979 solely because the USC Trojan Marching Band was there with the band, and it was not just corny but damned exciting.

But with these individual tracks from Kansas City, Wichita, Omaha, and Tucson between the two collections, why oh why can’t we just get the entire shows from these cities?

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 02-10-2021 at 05:02 PM..
Old 02-10-2021, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
So....has anyone listened to The Chain on Spotify yet? I'm not the best at this and some of you are experts at spotting this stuff, but I feel like this is not from the Cleveland 1980 show. It doesn't sound Tusk-era at all. It sounds like it's from the Mirage tour. On my first listen I was like, this sounds familiar. After a couple listens, it's almost spot on to the Mirage video. Like, maybe from the other night at The Forum from the video. Lindsey's guitar sounds more like 1982 and even some of his and Stevie's ad-libs sound like Mirage. Have I lost it or anyone else hearing this?
Yes! You called it. It’s Oct. 22, 1982.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-10-2021, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m pretty excited about the live version of Hold Me. Although Hold Me is one of those songs where the live version just does not measure up to the album version. Gypsy is another one of those songs. An example of a song that sounds equally amazing, maybe even better than its album counterpart, is Sara. I would love a live from 1982 Sara. We have a 1979 on the Live album already and a 1980 on Tusk deluxe. 1982 live Sara is my favorite version of Sara. They played it a little faster and Lindsey does a little slightly different guitar riff. It sounds so good. I recommend looking it up on YouTube.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I knew you'd know! Thanks for confirming I haven't totally lost it yet
Old 02-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I’m pretty excited about the live version of Hold Me. Although Hold Me is one of those songs where the live version just does not measure up to the album version. Gypsy is another one of those songs. An example of a song that sounds equally amazing, maybe even better than its album counterpart, is Sara. I would love a live from 1982 Sara. We have a 1979 on the Live album already and a 1980 on Tusk deluxe. 1982 live Sara is my favorite version of Sara. They played it a little faster and Lindsey does a little slightly different guitar riff. It sounds so good. I recommend looking it up on YouTube.
Agree about Hold Me live but I am still thrilled to get a non-bootleg version from '82. I wonder if we'll have Lindsey's intro included..."this is a hell of a song!"

I have to disagree with Sara. Just my opinion of course, but I always felt those 1980 versions were perfection. The original from the Live album is awesome and I just adore the one on the Tusk Deluxe release. I thought it started to lose something with the sped up tempo on the '82 shows. It's not bad and it fits well with the show, I just prefer the Tusk era of Sara.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
At least it's a different night than the HBO concert.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they sold the rights to their songs how do they make money from this release?
Old 02-10-2021, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The album mislabeled The Chain as being from Cleveland 1980 and its really from LA 1982? That's a major mix up, no?
Old 02-10-2021, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The album mislabeled The Chain as being from Cleveland 1980 and its really from LA 1982? That's a major mix up, no?
Haha, yeah...I mean, that's a pretty significant oops IMO. I'm happy to get a clean version of The Chain from Mirage, I always felt the one on the video was the peak performance of that song. Being from the other night, this version is virtually the same but the sound is 100x better than what was released on the Mirage deluxe release. I guess we already got a Tusk Chain so this completes the Rumours/Tusk/Mirage versions? Nonetheless, why are they labeling it Cleveland 1980? Even to my non-musician ears, it was pretty clear right away that it was from 1982.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since this is a live thread, has anyone ever seen this before?
It says-
Fleetwood Mac

Live '77

Go Your Own Way
-----------
I took a pic of the cover, but not the track listing
But it's about a dozen songs from White and Rumours. I should have bought it today, but I misplaced it in the store instead, in case I decided to come back and buy it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210210_151639.jpg (87.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
These tracks are very exciting. I couldn’t be happier. I am always drawn back quite nostalgically to the final month of the 1980 tour, and consider that month the band’s live pinnacle (not counting the blistering Green days, of course). The most heavily invested jamming I can ever remember the band doing — the most playful sort of musical circumnavigation and the brashest, snottiest attitude — was during that month on all of Lindsey Buckingham’s battering-ram songs: “What Makes You Think,” “World Turning,” “Go Your Own Way,” and above all “Not That Funny.”

We got a great little taste of the final month on the Tusk Deluxe, with an incendiary “Rhiannon,” a “Landslide,” and a memorable “Songbird” (with a trippy and difficult-to-play little musical bridge). So being able to add these cuts is hard to beat.

Perhaps I’d make one change: as much as I love the “Tusk” performances in August (very long and narcotizing in a good way), I would have included a “Tusk” from the Los Angeles Forum in December 1979 solely because the USC Trojan Marching Band was there with the band, and it was not just corny but damned exciting.

But with these individual tracks from Kansas City, Wichita, Omaha, and Tucson between the two collections, why oh why can’t we just get the entire shows from these cities?
i am not a collector and have been so resistant to buying these various reissues - but live What Makes You Think from 1980 may have done it for me!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2021, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Way, way back, Ken C. Did a QA here on the ledge. If my memory is correct, he was getting a ton of questions about things that may or not be in the Warner vault. As a result, he requested an inventory read out of what was there. I don’t think he shared the list, but I remember him commenting something like it was very disorganized, not everything was labeled accurately, and tons of soundboard recordings from the 70s/80s tours don’t exist. There isn’t a vast collection as fans might think.

My point is, it may have been a complete error due to poor archiving and labeling.