User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Regarding his 'house on the hill'

He is well documented as saying he sold it because he has 3 small children, and he and his wife were worried about the steep drop offs, and being able to watch the children. He's said repeatedly he moved to Brentwood to be on flat ground for the children to play safely.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Regarding his 'house on the hill'

He is well documented as saying he sold it because he has 3 small children, and he and his wife were worried about the steep drop offs, and being able to watch the children. He's said repeatedly he moved to Brentwood to be on flat ground for the children to play safely.
That doesn't make sense. Lindsey DID have kids already when they built the house, right? What an enormous waste of time, energy, and money to decide after the fact that it wouldn't work for kids when they could have projected that from the very beginning.

Oh well. Topic for a very old old thread. But it's still a question I'd like to know the REAL answer to.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't really add any more questions that people haven't already said. Maybe try to have listened to the album once or twice and find some interesting questions to ask about some songs? Actually, I dunno... the answers probably won't mean much to us until the album's out then.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I can't really add any more questions that people haven't already said. Maybe try to have listened to the album once or twice and find some interesting questions to ask about some songs? Actually, I dunno... the answers probably won't mean much to us until the album's out then.

But we're going to have the album very shortly and the answers about it will give us insight into it beforehand, which is never a bad thing. So, I think it's a very valid line of questioning and one that Lindsey would be most eager to answer. I mean, that's why they get the early copies anyway.

As for the house, the real estate market was at its peak and when you have the chance to make the kind of money that he did, I understand taking it. A lot of people who had no intention of selling did, when they discovered they could pretty much write their own check those days. It's a good thing he got out when he could. Because he couldn't unload it for as much as he put into it today.

Michele
Old 07-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
way to be thinking Tracaghost! When I read that question I thought, "Great Question" But that would be a wasted one given that fact. Not knocking the person who thought to ask that cause I was thinking the same thing, but that was observant trackaghost.

Oh and has this been confirmed yet GypsySoul?
That was my intent, to ask her the question.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing I am dying to know is if Twist of Fate is on this album.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does it matter that much? You've already got a copy of it so what's so bad if it doesn't turn up on this album? I'm sure it'll turn up some time.

That said, I do think it's on the album as RPTF.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Does it matter that much? You've already got a copy of it so what's so bad if it doesn't turn up on this album? I'm sure it'll turn up some time.

That said, I do think it's on the album as RPTF.
Because its his best song in over 20 years. Yes, I love listening to it, but it should be played live. Its an awesome song!!!

and yes, it matters a ton, to me at least.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool

Dying here!! It's almost 10PM in London. Wonder if they've done the interview already or are doing it now...or what.

I hope everything went/will go okay.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

gypsysoul is quite thoughtful in her writing. If the interview did indeed transpire, I am sure she will share with us as soon as she possibly can.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi everyone

I'd love to say I've just come off the 'phone from Lindsey but sadly I can't. the guy I'm dealing with at Warner/Reprise was out of the office today because his child is ill (maybe he's really just hiding from the crazy LB fan who has been stalking him for 2 days)

He's back tomorrow. I've just emailed him and will call tomorrow too. He has kept in touch and been helpful so I don't think he's messing me around.

I'm remaining positive that it WILL happen. I don't see why he would have offered it if it wasn't on the cards.

So bear with me please. I'll be straight on here when things get moving.

Re the CD - he's sent me a CD rom. I've tried it on 2 computers, a laptop and an ordinary CD player but I can't get it to work.

I'm the least technical person ever - but even my brother who's good with these things can't get it to work. Are we missing something obvious???
Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
Are we missing something obvious???
Hi there. Please clear your PM box, you are unable to receive a PM until you do!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you BTFLCHILD AND LUKE A - I've received your messages and replied. Hopefully you've received them.

We think that most likely the CD has been damaged somehow and that's the problem not the computers.
I will go to Warner/Reprise tomorrow and pick up another copy.
Thanks again.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Thank you BTFLCHILD AND LUKE A - I've received your messages and replied. Hopefully you've received them.
Well, actually, I have not received a message.

Enjoy your evening...and please enjoy your time with Lindsey...no pressure to fullfil any/all of our needs (though we all do appreciate your wanting to)
...you enjoy this!

Lindsey in your ear, Rhena... :s w o o n:
Enjoy him as much as I did!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Rhiannon5354
This message has been deleted by Rhiannon5354.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:12 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered

Quote:
Hi everyone

I'd love to say I've just come off the 'phone from Lindsey but sadly I can't. the guy I'm dealing with at Warner/Reprise was out of the office today because his child is ill (maybe he's really just hiding from the crazy LB fan who has been stalking him for 2 days)

He's back tomorrow. I've just emailed him and will call tomorrow too. He has kept in touch and been helpful so I don't think he's messing me around.

I'm remaining positive that it WILL happen. I don't see why he would have offered it if it wasn't on the cards.

So bear with me please. I'll be straight on here when things get moving.

Re the CD - he's sent me a CD rom. I've tried it on 2 computers, a laptop and an ordinary CD player but I can't get it to work.

I'm the least technical person ever - but even my brother who's good with these things can't get it to work. Are we missing something obvious???
I have a home studio with some pretty powerful audio extraction programs. If you send it, i can probably get it for you.