User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2023, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Actually Bruce is doing 6 new songs from his original songs album and 2 songs from his new soul covers record. So 8 songs!

The last time she did a lot of new songs in a show was In Your Dreams (seven). After promoting "In Your Dreams" for two years, I think Stevie got really hurt by the sales of the album, which I thought were good, and said it's not worth it to her to make a new album.
I mean, if she wouldn’t make an album with Mick, John, Christine, and Lindsey -one of rock’s most iconic groups, OR Mick, John, Christine, Mike, and Neil -a pretty not bad grouping, why would she think she’d be able to pull off a whole album on her own?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And Irving will flash a big check for a series of farewell shows and maybe an album where Fleetwood Mac (Neil and Mike) Jeff Lynns some unused/demo Christine McVie songs as well as new/rediscovered songs for a farewell album.

Seems unthinkable, now, but would that surprise anyone?
The only option I would want to see is if Lindsey work his magic on an unused Christine demo, and if Stevie could be persuaded to provide some backing vocals and John and Mick contribute as well. I can remember in an interview around the time of BuckVie Christine said she had a song she didn't know what to do with. One last song from the five would be lovely.

Anything else just isn't going to work. John may not even be up for any kind of tour any more even if Stevie could overcome her antipathy to Lindsey and a tour with just one "Rumours" vocalist wouldn't work as Fleetwood Mac. The vase is definitely too broken, now.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
The only option I would want to see is if Lindsey work his magic on an unused Christine demo, and if Stevie could be persuaded to provide some backing vocals and John and Mick contribute as well. I can remember in an interview around the time of BuckVie Christine said she had a song she didn't know what to do with. One last song from the five would be lovely.

Anything else just isn't going to work. John may not even be up for any kind of tour any more even if Stevie could overcome her antipathy to Lindsey and a tour with just one "Rumours" vocalist wouldn't work as Fleetwood Mac. The vase is definitely too broken, now.
It’s basically all on Irving, which takes out Lindsey to some degree, although not entirely, and becomes a matter of what’s available as far as Christine is concerned (the unused LBCM song and maybe anything Dan has, i.e. reworking “Come Out and Play”) and contextualizing that within the context of whatever Neil and Mike bring.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-08-2023 at 08:46 PM..
Old 02-08-2023, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I mean, if she wouldn’t make an album with Mick, John, Christine, and Lindsey -one of rock’s most iconic groups, OR Mick, John, Christine, Mike, and Neil -a pretty not bad grouping, why would she think she’d be able to pull off a whole album on her own?
Because Stevie Nicks is a bigger name than Fleetwood Mac. Headlining major festivals and doing an arena tour. She could be bringing more people into the stadium shows than Billy
Old 02-08-2023, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because Stevie Nicks is a bigger name than Fleetwood Mac. Headlining major festivals and doing an arena tour. She could be bringing more people into the stadium shows than Billy

Oh, wait, you’re serious.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-08-2023, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^^ Waiter, I'll have what she's having! ^^^^
Old 02-09-2023, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are joking right?
Old 02-09-2023, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Billy has oversaturated the touring circuit, playing shows every month of every year. Stevie hasn't done an arena tour in 6 years. Billy needed Stevie in order to fill these football fields. On his own, he does 30,000 seat baseball parks.

In 2018-2019, people were going to see Stevie in FM however they were going to see Christine too because she has the hit songs. I can't point to any proof that thousands were there to see Neil Finn because I didn't hear people talking about him at the shows I went to and I didn't see CH or Split Enz shirts. Reason alone tells me Heartbreaker fans went to these shows that likely didn't buy FM tickets before, plus I met fans with Petty shirts on.
So seeing Stevie solo is different for people (not the diehards because she plays all the FM songs too) because with FM they got a lot of Chris songs, 3 LB songs, and a few pre 75 songs.

Right now, Stevie is a bigger name than FM. She's booked in the arenas FM plays with no co-headliner or opening act at prices higher or the same than FM. The kids idolize her on social media, Tik Tok, and wherever else. And I believe she has Harry Styles to thank for introducing her work to these kids.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Billy has oversaturated the touring circuit, playing shows every month of every year. Stevie hasn't done an arena tour in 6 years. Billy needed Stevie in order to fill these football fields. On his own, he does 30,000 seat baseball parks.

In 2018-2019, people were going to see Stevie in FM however they were going to see Christine too because she has the hit songs. I can't point to any proof that thousands were there to see Neil Finn because I didn't hear people talking about him at the shows I went to and I didn't see CH or Split Enz shirts. Reason alone tells me Heartbreaker fans went to these shows that likely didn't buy FM tickets before, plus I met fans with Petty shirts on.
So seeing Stevie solo is different for people (not the diehards because she plays all the FM songs too) because with FM they got a lot of Chris songs, 3 LB songs, and a few pre 75 songs.

Right now, Stevie is a bigger name than FM. She's booked in the arenas FM plays with no co-headliner or opening act at prices higher or the same than FM. The kids idolize her on social media, Tik Tok, and wherever else. And I believe she has Harry Styles to thank for introducing her work to these kids.
Stevie is not a bigger name than Fleetwood Mac. However, her draw is nearly identical to the Fleetwood Mac name. You mentioned how Chris plays all her Mac hits which you think would be a huge draw. Yet Chris's solo tour and the Buck/Vie tour were not big draws. Starting with the RAL tour, Stevie started to eclipse the Mac in arena attendance. For many dates, Stevie's 24K Gold tour equaled or was on par with The Mac's On With The Show numbers. Pretty insane when you think about it. Most nights the OWTS tour grossed at least 1 million or more. Stevie did not do that every night but did do it a few times and came close each night. I know what you are saying but I think you explained it wrong. All of this is connected to Lindsey's firing. Stevie and her management know that most people that fill those seats are there to see her. The band knew it too which is why they did not stand up to Stevie. Sadly, when people hear Fleetwood Mac, the first thing they think of is Stevie Nicks. Not here on this board but the masses. Billy does not need Stevie. But having both on the same show really will pack a stadium. She's no Elton John but still packs a punch. Billy will play a showcase of his entire career. Stevie will stick to her stale setlist mostly skipping key parts of her career.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-09-2023 at 07:48 AM..
Old 02-09-2023, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because Stevie Nicks is a bigger name than Fleetwood Mac.
Statistics are the last word. Like it or not, the numbers will indicate who is bigger. Only commercially of course. And one thing is being bigger on album sales, and another thing is tours.
Now, where do we find reliable sources?

Last edited by Villavic; 02-09-2023 at 09:07 AM..
Old 02-09-2023, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie is not a bigger name than Fleetwood Mac. However, her draw is nearly identical to the Fleetwood Mac name. You mentioned how Chris plays all her Mac hits which you think would be a huge draw. Yet Chris's solo tour and the Buck/Vie tour were not big draws. Starting with the RAL tour, Stevie started to eclipse the Mac in arena attendance. For many dates, Stevie's 24K Gold tour equaled or was on par with The Mac's On With The Show numbers. Pretty insane when you think about it. Most nights the OWTS tour grossed at least 1 million or more. Stevie did not do that every night but did do it a few times and came close each night. I know what you are saying but I think you explained it wrong. All of this is connected to Lindsey's firing. Stevie and her management know that most people that fill those seats are there to see her. The band knew it too which is why they did not stand up to Stevie. Sadly, when people hear Fleetwood Mac, the first thing they think of is Stevie Nicks. Not here on this board but the masses. Billy does not need Stevie. But having both on the same show really will pack a stadium. She's no Elton John but still packs a punch. Billy will play a showcase of his entire career. Stevie will stick to her stale setlist mostly skipping key parts of her career.
As far as the BuckVie tour not being a big draw, maybe people didn't want to see Lindsey? I don't know. They still played 5,000 people each night, no?

Elton can fill football stadiums on multiple nights on his own, however, that was on his Farewell Tour. He used to need Billy to do it in the 90s and early 2000s.

Billy could not play Ohio Stadium on his own. The Stones play there on their own. You figure Stevie's bringing in 20,000 people to these Billy shows where he brings in 30,000 - 40,000?
Old 02-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
As far as the BuckVie tour not being a big draw, maybe people didn't want to see Lindsey? I don't know. They still played 5,000 people each night, no?

Elton can fill football stadiums on multiple nights on his own, however, that was on his Farewell Tour. He used to need Billy to do it in the 90s and early 2000s.

Billy could not play Ohio Stadium on his own. The Stones play there on their own. You figure Stevie's bringing in 20,000 people to these Billy shows where he brings in 30,000 - 40,000?
2/3 of Fleetwood Mac singers performing live can get half a small theater full (few thousand). 1/3 of the singers of Fleetwood Mac can get 13,000 people in an arena.
It makes me mental. If it makes me mental just imagine being in the band. Christine McVie was part of the biggest album in history and had so many huge hits but could get 500 to a theater with a solo album and hit single on a solo tour.
Its just reality. The few Fleetwood Mac fans exist on this board. Most attendees are there for Stevie. It always seemed an unspoken truth. When the band acted upon that truth in 2018 was a bitter pill to take. Yes ALL, I am still bitter. Deal with me!
Old 02-09-2023, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie spent decades developing her solo brand. Christine’s brand was Fleetwood Mac. If that album had been released as Fleetwood Mac and the four of them toured the album with another large act (like Stevie did with The Pretenders), they probably would have been able to do an arena tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2023, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie connects with her audience and makes each of them feel she is singing directly to them, holding those notes and hurling those haunted melodies across time and space. Also, she raises her bat wings and twirls. That’s good for at least 12,000 beer guzzlers, isn’t it?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie connects with her audience and makes each of them feel she is singing directly to them, holding those notes and hurling those haunted melodies across time and space. Also, she raises her bat wings and twirls. That’s good for at least 12,000 beer guzzlers, isn’t it?

Stevie also has a stage production going back to TISL with visuals and props on stage, moving curtains, strobes, and of course now she has screens on the drum riser and band platforms.