The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2020, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing wrong with the set list... he sounded fantastic and looked healthy.
That’s the main thing.

Last edited by sue; 12-07-2020 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-07-2020, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We can wish he debuted things in the setlist though remember the description of the concert from the announcement in November was that he was playing hit songs from across his career.

Within hits are classics such as Bleed, ISA, NGBA. Shut Us Down has become a classic as it's been done since 06(??) and was in a major motion picture.

Now, speaking from my heart: This was his official return to performing for the international public after having a traumatic event.

I was happy to pay the $16 grand total and I've played the recording a few times after. I think it was a deal. I've shared the link with friends and they've been amazed as well.

The freezing is not Lindsey's fault. And it's bizarre to suggest that heads should roll because of that. It's enraged persons who want to piss all over any joy in Lindsey's continuing story of a musician who can actually play an instrument as an expert.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It's enraged persons who want to piss all over any joy in Lindsey's continuing story of a musician who can actually play an instrument as an expert.
It’s amazing how much negativity people like to immediately jump into, isn’t it?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-07-2020, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Nice. As he said, the last four years ...
Yea I was amazed he said that.

Quietly donating to an organization RBG made big.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Real Savage Like. I guessed at the initialism. The full show is on the google drive link.

Bleed to Love her was a solid opener! I think I prefer this outro to the vocalizations that we're used to. I like this format, too, just Lindsey on his own in front of the camera.
Thanks, I deactivated Facebook during the election.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
It’s amazing how much negativity people like to immediately jump into, isn’t it?
Many people enjoyed the show but they make it like no one can enjoy it or we're an obsessed fan that has a bad life.
Too bad they couldn't see the comments in the Arcivr side chat. So much kinship.

Let them watch their 4yo concert with snippets of title tracks and a less than 3 minute song that WW made sound like Foghat.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Quote:
Many people enjoyed the show but they make it like no one can enjoy it or we're an obsessed fan that has a bad life.
Yeah, it really sucks when you’re excited and trying to enjoy something and some have to be all negative about it...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, it really sucks when you’re excited and trying to enjoy something and some have to be all negative about it...
Anything you'd like to say about the At Home with Lindsey Buckingham event or you just wanted the last word?
Old 12-07-2020, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anything you'd like to say about the At Home with Lindsey Buckingham event or you just wanted the last word?
Some people's main goal in life is to draw attention to themselves at all costs and should just be ignored. Instead of getting attention for doing something nice they always have to try and stoke people with negativity to get attention they crave. Sad really.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did anyone notice he cut his finger around "I'm so Afraid". I think it was before he sang it. I noticed him looking at his finger a few times and later saw that it looked like there was blood on it. And he kept on playing.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 12-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Did anyone notice he cut his finger around "I'm so Afraid". I think it was before he sang it. I noticed him looking at his finger a few times and later saw that it looked like there was blood on it. And he kept on playing.
I thought it was pretty badass... Kept playing, and didn’t say a word until one brief mention of it at the end. Thought his voice sounded strong; I’m looking forward to the new material and tour. The real positive from this for me is that i think he has a bunch of good years left. I was worried he might not.

Not many his age can do what he can do. Great positive stuff for real fans of his.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Fantastic to see Lindsey in such fine form! Thank goodness the concert was made available to us to rewatch so I could catch the songs I missed during the "technical issues." Well worth the low price of admission. I felt "Go Insane" was especially powerful (too bad it was cut off)!

When I think of how it wasn't so long ago that I feared I would never hear Lindsey sing again, I feel such a surge of gratitude not only for this show but for the fact that he still gives so much of himself for the fans - bleeding fingers and all!

Old 12-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, weird, eh?
Old 12-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
I thought it was pretty badass... Kept playing, and didn’t say a word until one brief mention of it at the end. Thought his voice sounded strong; I’m looking forward to the new material and tour. The real positive from this for me is that i think he has a bunch of good years left. I was worried he might not.

Not many his age can do what he can do. Great positive stuff for real fans of his.

I missed that; will have to go back and watch. He said in an interview a little while ago (I forget which one --- was the one with Anthony Mason??) that he'd lost all his callouses from not playing as much. Guess they're still not back.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB's Livestream Dec 5 2020 - LB looks past very difficult year

INDSEY BUCKINGHAM LOOKS PAST ‘VERY DIFFICULT YEAR’ ON LIVESTREAM

DAVID CHIU
Published: December 7, 2020
Arciver

Lindsey Buckingham made poignant remarks during a Saturday night solo livestream show from his home studio that encapsulated a difficult period for everyone.

“Well, this is a song that has been around for a very long time.” the longtime former Fleetwood Mac member said while introducing “Never Going Back Again” from 1977's Rumours. “It's one of many that has gone through some changes on stage, and the context of what it means has changed as well: As we evolve as people, as we experience different things. Sometimes, the same lyrics can take on whole new contexts.

“Suffice it to say,” Buckingham continued, “we had a difficult year with all that's gone on — some might say a difficult four years. I think that from my personal experiences of the last few years — my separation from Fleetwood Mac, having a bypass after that, and then, of course, the pandemic — it's been a series of events that I didn't see coming, and certainly we've all have had to deal with these things in our own way. All I can say is that I truly believe that what's coming in the next few years is going to make total sense out of what has been, and it's going to be very healing for all of us.”

The livestream show was Buckingham's first public performance since he underwent open-heart surgery in 2019. He was scheduled to go on tour this year before COVID-19 altered those plans.

A seated Buckingham played a nearly one-hour set of his solo and Fleetwood Mac songs, surrounded by a mixing desk and other gear in his studio. He alternated between acoustic and electric guitars, kicking off the intimate show with “Bleed to Love Her,” which first appeared as a live take on Fleetwood Mac's The Dance and then later on their Say You Will studio album.

He followed with “Trouble” and “Shut Us Down” from his solo albums Law and Order and Under the Skin, respectively. At one point, Buckingham was just more than halfway into his slow-burning performance of “Go Insane” when a technical glitch unfortunately interrupted the stream. He acknowledged the issue after the broadcast resumed.

Buckingham also unearthed “Stephanie,” a very deep cut from Buckingham Nicks, his 1973 pre-Fleetwood Mac collaboration with Stevie Nicks. “This is an instrumental I had written,” he said before playing the song. “I remember I asked Stevie, 'What do you think we ought to call it?' 'Why don't you call it "Stephanie"?' That's Stevie for you,” Buckingham added with a laugh.

Despite recent health issues, Buckingham's voice and shimmering guitar playing were in fine form throughout the set. As always, “Big Love” and “I'm So Afraid” remain mesmerizing highlights of his live performances. He ended the livestream with a rip-roaring version of “Go Your Own Way,” then thanked fans while hinting at future plans.

“This is great. I loved doing it," Buckingham said. "I'm looking forward to seeing all of you down the road a bit, maybe end of the summer. Be well, be safe, and we'll see you soon.”

'At Home With Lindsey Buckingham' Set List

"Bleed to Love Her"
"Trouble"
"Shut Us Down"
"Never Going Back Again"
"Go Insane"
"Big Love"
"Stephanie"
"I'm So Afraid"
"Go Your Own Way"

Read More: Lindsey Buckingham Looks Past 'Very Difficult Year' on Livestream | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/lind...edium=referral