The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 06-22-2022, 08:42 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
This last point has been one of my fantasy ideas for them since about 2001. I imagine the Dance lineup in a small theatre, with something like this set list:-

Say You Love Me
Gypsy
Never Going Back Again
Over My Head
Crystal
Big Love
Storms
Blue Letter
I Donít Want to Know
Caroline
Save Me A Place
Landslide
Oh Daddy
Sara
World Turning
Go Your Own Way
Songbird

YES!!! Of all bands that could do a compelling acoustic show, they definitely could have. They have enough material that would easily fit that approach.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-22-2022, 11:29 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
YES!!! Of all bands that could do a compelling acoustic show, they definitely could have. They have enough material that would easily fit that approach.
And all of them would be forced to play or sing without back up.

Something all FIVE of them are afraid to do, for years and years.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-22-2022, 12:53 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And all of them would be forced to play or sing without back up.

Something all FIVE of them are afraid to do, for years and years.
I was deleting videos from my phone last night, but the one I kept was Stevie ATTEMPTING to sing Edge, when Keith Urban started playing the guitar riff in the middle of his song. It's awful!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-22-2022, 01:08 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was deleting videos from my phone last night, but the one I kept was Stevie ATTEMPTING to sing Edge, when Keith Urban started playing the guitar riff in the middle of his song. It's awful!
That was painfully awkward and just shows how these guys have all trained themselves to be part of a show and seemingly have zero ability to just jam/do something off the cuff. Was it during the 2013 tour when something went amiss during the beginning of Tusk and Lindsey not only restarted the song, but had to go back to his original mark on the stage and do his little weird Tusk march/walk thing to the stage edge. They train themselves to perform in their little bubbles and they do it well but they can't just jump on stage and jump into a song that they've sung 1000 times outside of the bubble. I guess it's part of being an old fart...
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-23-2022, 12:29 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
That was painfully awkward and just shows how these guys have all trained themselves to be part of a show and seemingly have zero ability to just jam/do something off the cuff. Was it during the 2013 tour when something went amiss during the beginning of Tusk and Lindsey not only restarted the song, but had to go back to his original mark on the stage and do his little weird Tusk march/walk thing to the stage edge. They train themselves to perform in their little bubbles and they do it well but they can't just jump on stage and jump into a song that they've sung 1000 times outside of the bubble. I guess it's part of being an old fart...
Every word.... spot on. They're so used to the MASSIVE PRODUCTION, that they can't just sing a song
I get it. They're 100. What a way to go out. Sucking.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-23-2022, 06:52 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
That was painfully awkward and just shows how these guys have all trained themselves to be part of a show and seemingly have zero ability to just jam/do something off the cuff. Was it during the 2013 tour when something went amiss during the beginning of Tusk and Lindsey not only restarted the song, but had to go back to his original mark on the stage and do his little weird Tusk march/walk thing to the stage edge. They train themselves to perform in their little bubbles and they do it well but they can't just jump on stage and jump into a song that they've sung 1000 times outside of the bubble. I guess it's part of being an old fart...
And before the Rumours era, they were very different. Throughout the years, several concert attendees of Mac 1970-74 shows (especially the 1970-72 ones) have remarked how adventurous the music was, and the many opportunities for improvisation, especially in the drumming and guitar work. In 1972, Mick even remarked in an interview that the band was not constrained by a specific setlist and were not forced to always play their songs the same way.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-23-2022, 07:32 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And before the Rumours era, they were very different. Throughout the years, several concert attendees of Mac 1970-74 shows (especially the 1970-72 ones) have remarked how adventurous the music was, and the many opportunities for improvisation, especially in the drumming and guitar work. In 1972, Mick even remarked in an interview that the band was not constrained by a specific setlist and were not forced to always play their songs the same way.
The progression of their albums and live shows are simply depressing.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-23-2022 at 07:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 06-23-2022, 09:59 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,858
Default

You can't really jam when you're playing with karaoke tracks.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 06-23-2022, 01:02 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In 1972, Mick even remarked in an interview that the band was not constrained by a specific setlist and were not forced to always play their songs the same way.
Their live shows were all like (the playing of the songs, not the setlists) that until the Tango Tour. That's when FM became boring live. I don't actually men boring, but it's when the spontaneity was removed from the live setting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits - Audio CD By FLEETWOOD MAC - VERY GOOD picture

Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits - Audio CD By FLEETWOOD MAC - VERY GOOD

$5.50



Fleetwood Mac : Greatest Hits Rock 1 Disc CD picture

Fleetwood Mac : Greatest Hits Rock 1 Disc CD

$5.84



Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [New CD] picture

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [New CD]

$8.18



Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits [New CD] picture

Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits [New CD]

$10.20



Fleetwood Mac - Very Best of Fleetwood Mac [New CD] Enhanced picture

Fleetwood Mac - Very Best of Fleetwood Mac [New CD] Enhanced

$15.56




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved