Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2023, 10:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Wigs on The Dance

Hey, for the first time I think Stevie's wearing at least some fake hair on The Dance. I'm re-watching Dreams and the bangs at the front and the length at the back seem a bit..unreal. Also I'm not sure Chris' length of hair seems 100% real...thoughts?
Old 03-25-2023, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Its possible there were some extensions there. Not sure about wigs though. Her hair was literally fried from crimping during Street Angel and she said she kept it that way which was odd IMHO. She's had some really good hair and some really bad hair.
Like many things in The Dance, all that glitters is not real.
My question is how many believe the USC marching band sound was live or piped in? I go back and forth on that one. It could be a studio track with live vocals. We know the inaugural was a pre-recorded track of Dont Stop so why not The Dance.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its possible there were some extensions there. Not sure about wigs though. Her hair was literally fried from crimping during Street Angel and she said she kept it that way which was odd IMHO. She's had some really good hair and some really bad hair.
Like many things in The Dance, all that glitters is not real.
My question is how many believe the USC marching band sound was live or piped in? I go back and forth on that one. It could be a studio track with live vocals. We know the inaugural was a pre-recorded track of Dont Stop so why not The Dance.
Plenty of the vocals/music on The Dance was touched up in the studio.

Old 03-26-2023, 05:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
For sure. I just wonder what music was.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post
Hey, for the first time I think Stevie's wearing at least some fake hair on The Dance. I'm re-watching Dreams and the bangs at the front and the length at the back seem a bit..unreal. Also I'm not sure Chris' length of hair seems 100% real...thoughts?
If you look at the press videos from the rehearsals on YouTube, Christine’s hair was short. Then by the concert, it was pretty full. What time lapse was there between these? I always suspected it was a wig for the show and maybe by the tour it was real.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
If you look at the press videos from the rehearsals on YouTube, Christine’s hair was short. Then by the concert, it was pretty full. What time lapse was there between these? I always suspected it was a wig for the show and maybe by the tour it was real.
There was a few months, I believe.

I don’t think she wore a wig on The Dance, though she certainly wore one on the 2018 and the LB/CM tours. Might have worn one occasionally on the 2014 tour.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Definitely the vocals. I believe that was probably the case on all four new songs and, I think, on the harmonies for SYLM and Silver Springs. Likely elsewhere, too…

At the same time, live concert videos on YouTube show them singing pretty much at the same level on ensuing dates for that tour, so who knows…
Old 03-26-2023, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Definitely the vocals. I believe that was probably the case on all four new songs and, I think, on the harmonies for SYLM and Silver Springs. Likely elsewhere, too…

At the same time, live concert videos on YouTube show them singing pretty much at the same level on ensuing dates for that tour, so who knows…
Guitar solos, too. Ever notice how they have a frontal shot of a guitar player, then when the solo starts, they usually cut to a side shot? Fingers on frets don't lie, and any decent guitar player knows they're not playing the notes you're hearing.
Old 03-26-2023, 02:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

On the DVD during Bleed to Love Her (and maybe My Little Demon) Stevie's lip sync ends 'before' the actual vocal ends
Old 03-26-2023, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
couldn't those have been extensions? not that i really know how those work...

--Lis
Old 03-27-2023, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the rehearsal footage and some other things filmed in very early 1997 Chris has short and thin hair. I think the album Cover of the Dance is her real hair. It was longer, lustrous and full for The Dance and was exactly the same for all shows and later photos and appearances. It is either a Wig or what they call a Fall where the front is her real bangs and the top is a partial wig.

On Stevie her hair was around same length and style going back a few years. The bangs on her face were pushed up and back on second night of the dance filming. Notice the two different hair styles she wore during the show. If it was a wig it would have fell the same each night. Now maybe she did wear what’s called extensions that were connected up under her real hair to give her the longer mane in the back. You would also see the edges of the wig around the hair line. Even in crappy 1997 era standard def TV and DVD you would still see the matrix that a wig is attached too. That’s why most wigs don’t have Bangs. Later in 2003 when she grew her bangs out for first leg of Say You Will you could see her hair line on her entire forehead and it was just the same as 1997 when she had her bangs up and parted.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
In the rehearsal footage and some other things filmed in very early 1997 Chris has short and thin hair. I think the album Cover of the Dance is her real hair. It was longer, lustrous and full for The Dance and was exactly the same for all shows and later photos and appearances. It is either a Wig or what they call a Fall where the front is her real bangs and the top is a partial wig.

On Stevie her hair was around same length and style going back a few years. The bangs on her face were pushed up and back on second night of the dance filming. Notice the two different hair styles she wore during the show. If it was a wig it would have fell the same each night. Now maybe she did wear what’s called extensions that were connected up under her real hair to give her the longer mane in the back. You would also see the edges of the wig around the hair line. Even in crappy 1997 era standard def TV and DVD you would still see the matrix that a wig is attached too. That’s why most wigs don’t have Bangs. Later in 2003 when she grew her bangs out for first leg of Say You Will you could see her hair line on her entire forehead and it was just the same as 1997 when she had her bangs up and parted.
Sounds like you definitely know your wigs. Thanks for sharing your expertise. I would have never noticed or thought much about this. However I did look at what the OP was commenting on with Stevie's bangs on Dreams. They are so thick that now I could see how someone would think it was a partial wing or extension or something. To have bangs that thick, she is blessed to have such thick hair.
Now dont like those thick golden bangs get in your way babe.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the fact that we have arrived at the subject of wigs in rock. I mean, there's very little left about their music and interpersonal relationships that we haven't talked about over the years.

Let's not ignore Lindsey's ever-shifting transplanted hairline of the past few years, and John's baldness-concealing baseball caps. Even Bob Welch's hair became suspiciously thick in the late 70s.

At least Mick has always embraced his hair-free scalp. But that might be more to do with not having the cash for a decent toupee...
Old 03-28-2023, 09:36 AM

The title of this thread makes me giggle like a Homer school girl.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Even Bob Welch's hair became suspiciously thick in the late 70s.
Come on. Bob went from basically bald to a full head of THICK hair. That had to have came from Rug City. Zero doubt.