Old 01-14-2023, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dude who bought one of Christine’s pianos

Kind of bizarre…

https://youtu.be/OrTFsCCDsj0
Old 01-14-2023, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Oh wow. I really enjoyed this. I am so glad the piano landed in the hands of someone that appreciates it and is not just some random collector. He was friends and business associates of Chris. How freaking incredible that the piano has Chris's playing built into the hard drive. You can have Chris playing the piano at your house anytime you want. To see those keys move with her left hand proves its Chris. So cool and so amazing that he shared his story with us. I am so happy he has this beautiful piece from Chris.
Old 01-14-2023, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
How freaking incredible that the piano has Chris's playing built into the hard drive. You can have Chris playing the piano at your house anytime you want. To see those keys move with her left hand proves its Chris.
I don’t know if I could handle that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2023, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh wow. I really enjoyed this. I am so glad the piano landed in the hands of someone that appreciates it and is not just some random collector. He was friends and business associates of Chris. How freaking incredible that the piano has Chris's playing built into the hard drive. You can have Chris playing the piano at your house anytime you want. To see those keys move with her left hand proves its Chris. So cool and so amazing that he shared his story with us. I am so happy he has this beautiful piece from Chris.
This is exactly why I was completely fine with Christine, Mick, and John auctioning off these items. Not only did a percentage of the money go to a cause they’ve supported for years, but because it insured that many of the items would be preserved for many many years to come by folks who truly appreciated them. And in some cases, may be available for viewing by fans, such as in this video.
Old 01-14-2023, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When he told of how much Chris traveled the world recently (while not touring) really interested me. Its almost like Chris had a premonition 10 years ago that told her she had 10 years to live. What she accomplished at her age during the last 10 years is nothing short of amazing. Few conqueror their fear of flying let alone at her age. She grabbed life and said, I am going to see and do as much as I can these last 10 years. She goes back to Fleetwood Mac for 2 world tours, makes an album with Lindsey and tours with him. Then we hear about all these business dealings and her flying the globe. It really something. At times she struggled singing and even playing yet NOTHING stopped her. She is an inspiration to US ALL.
We miss you Chris. We hear your music you left us even on your grand piano.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-14-2023 at 04:19 PM..
Old 01-14-2023, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
When he told of how much Chris traveled the world recently (while not touring) really interested me. Its almost like Chris had a premonition 10 years ago that told her she had 10 years to live. What she accomplished at her age during the last 10 years is nothing short of amazing. Few conqueror their fear of flying let alone at her age. She grabbed life and said, I am going to see and do as much as I can these last 10 years. She goes back to Fleetwood Mac for 2 world tours, makes an album with Lindsey and tours with him. Then we hear about all these business dealings and her flying the globe. It really something. At times she struggled singing and even playing yet NOTHING stopped her. She is an inspiration to US ALL.
We miss you Chris. We hear your music you left us even on your grand piano.
very well said. I completely agree. she was such a strong, amazing lady. i am grateful every day that she was able to get out of that isolated, agoraphobic funk and get back into life, doing things she loved.

--Lis
Old 01-14-2023, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great video! The blues number was a treat, possibly a basic improv that she used to test the hard drive’s recording capacity? Nothing terribly original but indicative of her style of blues playing. Notice, too, that she didn’t rush the tempo at all, which is tempting to do with a twelve bar blues piece on piano.

I loved the back half of the video where Brian discussed his personal experiences of working with Christine, loved that she remember the child’s name (after hearing it only once), that she took bull**** from no one, and that she traveled extensively in the last few years of her life once she’d conquered flying.

What a treasure of a person, what a fulfilling existence.
Old 01-14-2023, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s sad she was isolated. I had this romantic image that she owned a small village tavern with a piano and she’s occasionally go in and sing things like “Mean Old World” and “Get Like You Used To Be.” Instead, she was all about her dogs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s sad she was isolated. I had this romantic image that she owned a small village tavern with a piano and she’s occasionally go in and sing things like “Mean Old World” and “Get Like You Used To Be.” Instead, she was all about her dogs.
She did what she wanted and needed to do at the time and felt her English roots calling her home. Her house was a huge project that turned out really stellar. Thankfully we got a solo album during that time which sort of came out of nowhere. But she admitted she developed a pain pill addiction after a fall at her home and she was prescribed pain meds. But Chris was too smart to let that take control of her. She got help and conquered that really fast. Then I think her darkness started to recede. Suddenly she missed what she loved best. To think she gave up touring in her 50s for touring in her 70s. But we are SO blessed she came back!
Old 01-14-2023, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for finding this! It’s great to know that the piano ended up with someone who had a personal connection with Chris and will actually play it. So incredible that he found that song saved in the hard drive!

I actually purchased one of her keyboards from the auction - the smallest one that went for around $2k - and the first thing I did when I got it home was to check if there were any recordings or even saved presets she’d left behind. I didn’t find anything, but will check again - maybe I didn’t look everywhere I could have (I’ve never had a Yamaha before so I’m still learning all the controls and features). Either way, it’s such a surreal, awe inspiring feeling to play an instrument that belonged to my musical hero, my favorite person.

Anyway, I’m curious about the projects that this guy mentioned he had worked on with her or that she was an investor in. Anyone know what they were?
Old 01-14-2023, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
Thanks for finding this! It’s great to know that the piano ended up with someone who had a personal connection with Chris and will actually play it. So incredible that he found that song saved in the hard drive!

I actually purchased one of her keyboards from the auction - the smallest one that went for around $2k - and the first thing I did when I got it home was to check if there were any recordings or even saved presets she’d left behind. I didn’t find anything, but will check again - maybe I didn’t look everywhere I could have (I’ve never had a Yamaha before so I’m still learning all the controls and features). Either way, it’s such a surreal, awe inspiring feeling to play an instrument that belonged to my musical hero, my favorite person.

Anyway, I’m curious about the projects that this guy mentioned he had worked on with her or that she was an investor in. Anyone know what they were?
Color me VERY JEALOUS!

Depending on the age of the instrument.... if it's newer, I'd doubt she programmed or saved anything herself. At the BuckVie tour stop in Nashville, they had to stop a song they'd already started, and restart, apparently because she was playing the wrong sound. She didn't know(?) how to change it, and her tech had to come out and hit the button for the right sound, then they restarted the song.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:43 PM

Wow, what a treat. This was hard to watch once the music started to play. Hearing her style one more time brought tears to my eyes.

Brian sharing these stories and this video and her music. Christine ****ing McVie! Gift from heaven!
Old 01-15-2023, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did this piano actually say Christine F***ing McVie when Christine owned it? Or did the buyer add that? If that was added by the buyer, I find it very disrespectful.
Old 01-15-2023, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Did this piano actually say Christine F***ing McVie when Christine owned it? Or did the buyer add that? If that was added by the buyer, I find it very disrespectful.
Chris did own that cover with those words on it. It's in the photo the guy put up...I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful. Chris did have a bit of truck driver mouth at times.

--Lis
Old 01-15-2023, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Chris did own that cover with those words on it. It's in the photo the guy put up...I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful. Chris did have a bit of truck driver mouth at times.

--Lis
She was interviewed on BBC (2 I think?) a few years back, and she was asked a question along the lines of what advice would she want to go back and give to her younger self. And she said she would tell her younger self to (I'm paraphrasing) have more confidence and to remember that (and this is a quote) "you are CHRISTINE ****ING MCVIE"... So I took it that it was something either she came to realize after coming out of her countryside funk, or maybe someone close to her told her, ... not clear. But it was a message she had to remind herself of at one point in her time off. Clearly it stuck, and must have been something she shared with others because that piano cover would have been there for several tours after her return....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-15-2023 at 05:09 PM..