Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac on Rock Steady 1990 - Pro shot live clips

Live performances (pro shots) of 'In the Back of My Mind', 'Landslide, 'Stand on the Rock', and 'Go Your Own Way'.

Starting at the 11:15 timemark

Old 01-24-2022, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank tou greendaze5 !!! As a big fan of this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, I can’t tell you how awesome it is seeing live performances of In the Back of My Mind and Stand on the Rock, plus of course Landslide and Go Your Own Way. Even the brief snippets of Christine and Billy singing Do You Know gave me so much joy. I really appreciate you putting this on here.

The interviews were great, too. Nice to finally hear a little from John, and Rick was so cute when he spoke about being asked to join the band. It was nice to hear Christine speak about how fun it was to record Behind the Mask.

Last edited by bwboy; 01-24-2022 at 09:21 PM..
Old 01-24-2022, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thank tou greendaze5 !!! As a big fan of this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, I can’t tell you how awesome it is seeing live performances of In the Back of My Mind and Stand on the Rock, plus of course Landslide and Go Your Own Way. Even the brief snippets of Christine and Billy singing Do You Know gave me so much joy. I really appreciate you putting this on here.

The interviews were great, too. Nice to finally hear a little from John, and Rick was so cute when he spoke about being asked to join the band. It was nice to hear Christine speak about how fun it was to record Behind the Mask.
You're welcome! It was a surprising find.

Stevie looks very subdued and sad. The klonopin?
Old 01-25-2022, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post

Yes, I noticed that, too. Interesting, because what she was saying was of merit and on topic, with no flight of ideas, but very subdued. I suppose on one hand, the medication might have actually helped her in that regard. Klonopin should only be used for a finite amount of time and then tapered off.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post

It is a good find. Some of the footage I have seen before but I have not seen the entire segment before.
The early 90s were a bad period for Stevie. Its fair to blame the doctor that kept prescribing this stuff. But like any addict she kept going back for more and larger doses.
I thought she was worst when I saw her in 1989. She was bad in 1990 but she did not have to carry the entire concert so it was not as noticeable. I actually thought Timespace was not as bad as she seemed a bit more alert. However that pro shot Rooms on Fire video from her CA show is really sad. Her MTV Asia interview in 1991 was so bad its a wonder her reps let it be broadcast. Its a horror show because she is actually asked about drug addiction and she compares it to Sara Lee pound cake while she sits there drugged. She also was bad during the Boston 1990 farewell tour interview at the Hard Rock with Rick and Billy. You really can see she is majorly drugged and tranquilized.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have this on DVD and it's funny, I just got the Behind the Mask CD. I only had it on cassette tape. I ordered it from Amazon and I think it came from Ireland. It took forever. Anyway, I must have listened to that CD 3 X's in a row last night. I really like this album. Especially Billy's stuff. Hard Feelings is probably my favorite. And Stevie's songs were much better than alot of the stuff on The Other Side of the Mirror, in my opinion.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-25-2022, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Were some of those “live” clips also used on the Japanese interview?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-25-2022, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Were some of those “live” clips also used on the Japanese interview?
The Japanese show I think you’re referring to showed the entire band together lip syncing songs from Behind the Mask, including Save Me, Freedom, and some others I can’t remember. The clips on this special of them singing Stand on the Rock and In the Back of My Mind were totally different and actually were performed live. The Japanese show was 100% taken from the album, they weren’t live at all.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:35 PM
greendaze5
This message has been deleted by greendaze5. Reason: already answered
Old 01-26-2022, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Super interesting. That’s funny they got Stevie to mime recording “Freedom.” Also really enjoyed the footage of John driving around - I felt relaxed just watching that LOL. A lot of effort went into this.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

It always pains me to watch Stevie talk about drug addiction under the influence of drugs. She has changed her story today but here in this clip she states she has NO regrets and would do everything the same. Her only advice was if you do lots of drugs, you will have to quit in about 15 years otherwise it will kill you. Her tranquilizer addiction almost killed her in 8 years. Its just sad to watch knowing what was going on and about to happen.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I find it interesting what Stevie says about the song Freedom. I and the interviewer think it's about Lindsey. But she acts like it isn't, although the lyrics could be about him and when she sings it onstage, she will probably think of Lindsey. So who did she write Freedom about? Joe? Or is she just being coy like always. I hate that she says Dave was the first person she ever wrote songs with, when she in fact had written with Sandy Stewart, Les Dudek and Rick Vito. And of course Lindsey. It blows my mind that she distorts the facts so much to make for good publicity.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I find it interesting what Stevie says about the song Freedom. I and the interviewer think it's about Lindsey. But she acts like it isn't, although the lyrics could be about him and when she sings it onstage, she will probably think of Lindsey. So who did she write Freedom about? Joe? Or is she just being coy like always. I hate that she says Dave was the first person she ever wrote songs with, when she in fact had written with Sandy Stewart, Les Dudek and Rick Vito. And of course Lindsey. It blows my mind that she distorts the facts so much to make for good publicity.
$he's either delusional, a liar, or both.

HOW can $he believe that fans of 47 years don't know the truth. That $he'll just spew line after line of CRAP, and "oh, they'll believe me....IMMA LEGEND!!!!"

Legend? Loon? Yeah, $he's something.....
Old 01-28-2022, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I hate that she says Dave was the first person she ever wrote songs with, when she in fact had written with Sandy Stewart, Les Dudek and Rick Vito. And of course Lindsey. It blows my mind that she distorts the facts so much to make for good publicity.
I take things very literally, but in this instance, I suspect when Stevie says Dave was the first person she wrote songs with, I took it to mean, side by side, from beginning to end, each song they worked on, whereas with Rick or Sandy, the songs could have been written separately, with Stevie doing one part, Rick doing the chorus, and maybe over email, not side by side. Didn’t Dave and the whole crew live in some mansion together while they were writing the album? There is a difference between co-writing a song and truly working side by side with someone on a song.

I remember Jane Wiedlin saying that a song she co-wrote with Cyndi Lauper was done via mail. Not e-mail, not phone, but snail mail! Of course, that was back in 1990 or so, pre-internet, but still, it’s hard to imagine a song being written in that manner nowadays.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
whereas with Rick or Sandy, the songs could have been written separately, with Stevie doing one part, Rick doing the chorus, and maybe over email, not side by side.
Umm…email in the ‘80s?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-28-2022, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

During the writing of The Nightbird Stevie says she is pacing the room while Sandy is at the piano. I took it to mean they wrote it together in the same room. Same with Les Dudek. She tells Jim Ladd the whole canyon was ringing with the guitar from them writing Sister Honey. Again, in the same house, room, etc... During the Sound Gig interview, Rick looks at Stevie and talks about writing Freedom at her house in Phoenix. I take it that she wrote those songs with those people at that time. Also all the song she and Lindsey did together when they were a couple. She may have written the lyrics, but I'm sure they were in the same room, working out the lyrics and melodies together.