User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I would almost definitively say that most artists have 0 control over when a product is released, so posts saying Lindsey should have released his album on so and so date kind of makes me chuckle. Like you, I’m certain the record company makes that decision.

I also COMPLETELY understand why not just the folks you mention (whom I have no idea who they are) but also the other members of FM would have a problem with Lindsey performing solo concerts on their nights off. I believe 100% that ticket sales for FM would have been impacted. Lindsey fans would not only be able to see him perform FM songs, but at a lower price in a smaller venue- why wouldn’t Lindsey fans do that? Just imagine if Stevie asked to do the same thing- they would have said no, and for the same reasons. But even beyond ticket sales being impacted, I believe Lindsey’s performances with FM would not be at peak performance, certainly not at the same level as his solo concerts would be. I would say that about absolutely anyone- Lindsey, Stevie, you name ‘em. We caught a glimpse of that with the 2 big shows that occurred. A solo tour with music he loves, much of which he hadn’t performed live often, and then with FM singing some of the same songs? Just my opinion.
I'll buy your opinion about him not having the same energy at FM shows.
But I don't think Lindsey performing on off nights would have affected FM ticket sales. I believe the 800-1,000 people who see Lindsey would probably be going to an FM show as well or are just Lindsey fans and wouldn't go see FM with him in it or not in it.
I'm the person who'd go to both shows.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And I never understood why Sheryl Louis or Stubner had a problem with Lindsey playing on off nights. As if he was taking ticket buyers away from an FM show!
they did not. nobody in the band or among managers had a problem with that. the only problem was Stevie trying to find an excuse to push Lindsey out after BuckVie happened. and she found a willing co-conspirator in Azoff.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-23-2022, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also COMPLETELY understand why the other members of FM would have a problem with Lindsey performing solo concerts on their nights off. I believe 100% that ticket sales for FM would have been impacted. Lindsey fans would not only be able to see him perform FM songs, but at a lower price in a smaller venue- why wouldn’t Lindsey fans do that? Just imagine if Stevie asked to do the same thing- they would have said no, and for the same reasons.
I'm not sure you fully understand the power Stevie holds over the rest of FM. Stevie doesn't need their permission for anything. She tells them what she's going to do and they follow suit. Before BuckVie was a duet album it was a FM album and there was Stevie at the exact same time recording a solo album in Nashville. And then during a FM tour she did a Rolling stone interview and magazine cover to promote her solo record.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm not sure you fully understand the power Stevie holds over the rest of FM. Stevie doesn't need their permission for anything. She tells them what she's going to do and they follow suit. Before BuckVie was a duet album it was a FM album and there was Stevie at the exact same time recording a solo album in Nashville. And then during a FM tour she did a Rolling stone interview and magazine cover to promote her solo record.
I don't remember that 2015 RS piece with her even discussing her album. I think it was mostly about her and Lindsey
Old 06-23-2022, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll buy your opinion about him not having the same energy at FM shows.
But I don't think Lindsey performing on off nights would have affected FM ticket sales. I believe the 800-1,000 people who see Lindsey would probably be going to an FM show as well or are just Lindsey fans and wouldn't go see FM with him in it or not in it.
I'm the person who'd go to both shows.
Maybe you’re right and 800-1,000 people wouldn’t have much of an impact on FM ticket sales. I guess it just seems counter productive to the band’s interest to me. I really can’t imagine anyone wouldn’t have a fit if Stevie had asked to do the same thing, or if Glen Frey asked the Eagles if he could do solo dates in between their tour dates.

I saw FM and LB in November 2018, and it was phenomenal. Two fabulous shows! And thanks to Hawkeye, I had a 2nd row seat for Lindsey, as well as the good fortune of sitting next to a really nice guy who was a big fan of both LB and FM. He was really knowledgeable about both and knew every song, which was so cool to be around someone like that. And seeing Christine front and center a couple of times with FM, instead of staying in her usual corner, was so refreshing and a highlight for me. Seeing her so much more confident made that the best FM tour I’d ever seen out of 5 tours.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If they did, they were right because that sold more than his self-titled album
To be fair, a best of retrospective for an artist like Linsey solo is going to sell more anyway. An album of new material released in the midst of a scandal benefits from the publicity.

For example, I doubt anyone would put “Heroes Are Hard To Find” above “Mystery To Me” or “Bare Trees,” but that’s the one that cracked the Top 40.

“Fleetwood Mac” was selling at the same pace as the previous albums initially. Then “Over My Head” came out, however, it wasn’t until news came out that the McVies were divorcing and Stevie and Lindsey were having problems that the album skyrocketed.

Quote:
And I never understood why Sheryl Louis or Stubner had a problem with Lindsey playing on off nights. As if he was taking ticket buyers away from an FM show!
I think it was probably Irving.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-23-2022, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would almost definitively say that most artists have 0 control over when a product is released, so posts saying Lindsey should have released his album on so and so date kind of makes me chuckle. Like you, I’m certain the record company makes that decision.
Not entirely true.

Anyway, Fleetwood Mac went into the studio in July, 1974 to record HAHTF and it was released in September. Granted, it was rushed because of the lawsuit, but the band and label were able to protect the band and capitalize on the scandal, giving the band its first Top 40 album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-23-2022, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And seeing Christine front and center a couple of times with FM, instead of staying in her usual corner, was so refreshing and a highlight for me. Seeing her so much more confident made that the best FM tour I’d ever seen out of 5 tours.
By Front and Center, do you mean that she played a solo during Black Magic Woman?
Because she was front and center during On With The Show for Everywhere and Songbird. And then for some songs on the LBCM tour.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
To be fair, a best of retrospective for an artist like Linsey solo is going to sell more anyway. An album of new material released in the midst of a scandal benefits from the publicity.

For example, I doubt anyone would put “Heroes Are Hard To Find” above “Mystery To Me” or “Bare Trees,” but that’s the one that cracked the Top 40.

“Fleetwood Mac” was selling at the same pace as the previous albums initially. Then “Over My Head” came out, however, it wasn’t until news came out that the McVies were divorcing and Stevie and Lindsey were having problems that the album skyrocketed.

I think it was probably Irving.
Well I am that person. I would put Heroes over Bare Trees. Both are great albums but I think its better than Bare Trees. Chart history has nothing to do with it. I would give Mystery To Me the top notch of albums pre-Buck Nicks. But Heroes is definitely not far behind.