Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He doesn't want any.
And that’s quite an achievement when world war three is exploding round your ears.
Keep calm …and just think of the cheque.
Though I don’t think it’s just that with John, he’s a quiet man and his brush with cancer will have taught him life is precious …
Old 07-20-2021, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I covered one eye and squinted the other.
Sorry, it was the best I could do. You can zoom in on Flickr images. And you can buy the digital copy:

https://www.uncut.co.uk/digital-editions/

Someone posted screen caps on Faceboof, I think.

I would encourage people to actually buy the magazine like I did, otherwise these publications will disappear completely.

Last edited by tango87; 07-20-2021 at 04:00 AM..
Old 07-20-2021, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that John McVie couldn't be bothered to show up for the Peter Green tribute after being invited by Mick...that tells us everything we need to know about John McVie.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The fact that John McVie couldn't be bothered to show up for the Peter Green tribute after being invited by Mick...that tells us everything we need to know about John McVie.

I don’t know about couldn’t be bothered…
He had just finished a 12 month tour, ending in November 2019.
Mick’s tribute concert was February 2020.
He was 74 years old, and had recovered from cancer.
Maybe he was just plain exhausted and needed a few months “off”

Not everyone can have the enormous amount of energy Mick seems to have

Last edited by sue; 07-20-2021 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-20-2021, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I don’t know about couldn’t be bothered…
He had just finished a 12 month tour, ending in November 2019.
Mick’s tribute concert was February 2020.
He was 74 years old, and had recovered from cancer.
Maybe he was just plain exhausted and needed a few months “off”

Not everyone can have the enormous amount of energy Mick seems to have
Chris was 76 when she did a few songs at the concert.

Didn't he finish his recovery from cancer at the beginning of 2014? Come October 2014 he set out on a 120 date world tour.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Chris was 76 when she did a few songs at the concert.

Didn't he finish his recovery from cancer at the beginning of 2014? Come October 2014 he set out on a 120 date world tour.
All of what you say is true and right….I’m just being generous to John and spreading a bit of leeway……
Old 07-20-2021, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
All of what you say is true and right….I’m just being generous to John and spreading a bit of leeway……
Sure, I understand. I think John skipped because it wasn't a moneymaking event for him AND that it was unlikely Green would attend.

John Mayall was there at close to 90 y.o. Amazing!
Old 07-20-2021, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Sure, I understand. I think John skipped because it wasn't a moneymaking event for him AND that it was unlikely Green would attend.

John Mayall was there at close to 90 y.o. Amazing!
The God father of British blues… (Alexis Korner the father)
Old 07-20-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Sorry, it was the best I could do. You can zoom in on Flickr images. And you can buy the digital copy:

https://www.uncut.co.uk/digital-editions/

Someone posted screen caps on Faceboof, I think.

I would encourage people to actually buy the magazine like I did, otherwise these publications will disappear completely.
I was joking. (I'm old and my eyes are going). I really appreciate you posting. Thanks!!
Old 07-20-2021, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, Mac without Lindsey is a very sad sad band. (Not including pre-75 stuff.)

We all know this. They simply shouldn’t have toured without him. They all deserve to hang their heads in shame.

But the particular darts ledgies are throwing at Christine....well, yes, her decision to back Mick and Stevie is disappointing, but why should she fall on a sword for either Stevie or Lindsey when for decades the mutual Love-hate of the Americans has essentially taken up all the air and space?

In the end, Christine was loyal to Mick and to $. Awful. But not nearly as awful as Stevie and Lindsey’s endless toxic feud.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Honestly, Mac without Lindsey is a very sad sad band. (Not including pre-75 stuff.)

We all know this. They simply shouldn’t have toured without him. They all deserve to hang their heads in shame.

But the particular darts ledgies are throwing at Christine....well, yes, her decision to back Mick and Stevie is disappointing, but why should she fall on a sword for either Stevie or Lindsey when for decades the mutual Love-hate of the Americans has essentially taken up all the air and space?

In the end, Christine was loyal to Mick and to $. Awful. But not nearly as awful as Stevie and Lindsey’s endless toxic feud.
Do you REALLY think they would have hit superstar status without Lindsey??? They f*cking OWE him. And after all the love they shared on BuckVie?!?!? Christine should be ASHAMED. She's a terrible friend.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:50 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you REALLY think they would have hit superstar status without Lindsey??? They f*cking OWE him. And after all the love they shared on BuckVie?!?!? Christine should be ASHAMED. She's a terrible friend.

She probably is ashamed to some degree. And Lindsey had no problem shaming her a little bit with that comment about buying a house. She deserves it. These people, for the most part, have never truly had to grow up. They are blind to the main consequence of their selfishness (which is…loneliness.) Lindsey is the only one who demonstrates any consistent growth as a human being and artist. And he values the legacy of the band as the world at large knows it which is the Rumours lineup.

Lindsey gave Christine a final opportunity to release new material with mostly Fleetwood Mac which we know now she never would have gotten at all had it been up to Stevie Nicks in capital letters.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I AGREE with what you’re saying here. I even said something similar in my comment above.

But what I am also saying is no amount of betrayal and shame Christine, Mick, and John must and should feel compares to the toxic nature of the Lindsey-Stevie relationship. That the Brits had to essentially center that dynamic in everything they have done since 1976 has got to be nothing short of terrible.

In other words, Lindsey is no saint either. He and Stevie are to blame for his firing. I would have preferred they continued on without Stevie and kept him (if such a choice had to be made) but the fact that those two have stolen most of the air in the room—well, that is NOT Christine’s fault.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I AGREE with what you’re saying here. I even said something similar in my comment above.

But what I am also saying is no amount of betrayal and shame Christine, Mick, and John must and should feel compares to the toxic nature of the Lindsey-Stevie relationship. That the Brits had to essentially center that dynamic in everything they have done since 1976 has got to be nothing short of terrible.

In other words, Lindsey is no saint either. He and Stevie are to blame for his firing. I would have preferred they continued on without Stevie and kept him (if such a choice had to be made) but the fact that those two have stolen most of the air in the room—well, that is NOT Christine’s fault.
I agree that their relationship was horribly toxic. And embarrassing, that 70yo people were STILL acting like they're children.

I can understand his side of things far more than hers, as $he just bugs the sh*t out of me. $he won the game, and he's jealous. Yet $he's a card carrying idiot. And still the $eat filler. His ENORMOUS talent sits in her shadow. Her piano playing is the most embarrassing sh*t I've ever heard...

I guess there's no accounting for taste(I don't mean you, Tony).
Old 07-21-2021, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyVisions View Post
She probably is ashamed to some degree. And Lindsey had no problem shaming her a little bit with that comment about buying a house. She deserves it. These people, for the most part, have never truly had to grow up. They are blind to the main consequence of their selfishness (which is…loneliness.) Lindsey is the only one who demonstrates any consistent growth as a human being and artist. And he values the legacy of the band as the world at large knows it which is the Rumours lineup.

Lindsey gave Christine a final opportunity to release new material with mostly Fleetwood Mac which we know now she never would have gotten at all had it been up to Stevie Nicks in capital letters.
I agree that they've never grown up. Except maybe John. He seems to be able to just walk away, and wash his hands of their drama.

Gimme da check. Now leave me alone.