User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
If she’s seeking spousal support, does that mean they didn’t have a prenup?
Even if they did have a prenup it typically would not cover a marriage of this lasting duration. It would encompass the first five or ten years of marriage.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even if they did have a prenup it typically would not cover a marriage of this lasting duration. It would encompass the first five or ten years of marriage.
Thank you, you’re educating me! 😀
Old 06-17-2021, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Looks like some updated documents were released. In them, Kristen cited irreconcilable differences. It notates that they’ve been living apart since at least January ‘21. They agree on split custody of the one minor child, and Kristen is requesting spousal support.
well, that certainly tells us how well the interior design business is going... def not going to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed....
Old 06-17-2021, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh gimme a break.... she's probably hookin up with someone at the horse farm!
Old 06-17-2021, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Oh gimme a break.... she's probably hookin up with someone at the horse farm!
Isn't she a LOT younger than him? Da Googles says 51. That's still? prime time for a woman. Maybe he....

I've theorized before that maybe his life threatening episode changed his priorities? He certainly wouldn't be the first.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Isn't she a LOT younger than him? Da Googles says 51. That's still? prime time for a woman. Maybe he....

I've theorized before that maybe his life threatening episode changed his priorities? He certainly wouldn't be the first.
Completely agree. Priorities change, and perhaps, with the kids practically out of the house (almost), they realize how little they have in common?
Old 06-18-2021, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

That is so true. Lindsey saw his dad and brother die young because of hereditary heart problems. He had fear his whole life and then it happened and he survived. He could have died or survived and lost his voice. He recovered and having survived does change you. His wife was so loyal to him when he was fired and she came out swinging. She could have just let the endless fighting in the band be like any other day. Yet she made it known how poorly he was treated. It seemed Lindsey took it better than his wife. Lindsey has changed over the years. He never wanted to be part of a big money machine but embraced the big money machine for the last 20 years with the Mac. Remember the Cream magazine interview from 1982 where Lindsey said he saw his future of not touring when he turned 40. He changed and we all change. We owe them the privacy they deserve and I have no interest in what happened. Their marriage lasted many times longer than other rock stars.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-18-2021 at 02:04 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 01:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That is so true. Lindsey saw his dad and brother die young because of hereditary heart problems. He had fear his whole live and then it happened and he survived. He could have died or survived and lost his voice. He recovered and having survived does change you. His wife was so loyal to him when he was fired and she came out swinging. She could have just let the endless fighting in the band be like any other day. Yet she made it known how poorly he was treated. It seemed Lindsey took it better than his wife. Lindsey has changed over the years. He never wanted to be part of a big money machine but embraced the big money machine for the last 20 years with the Mac. Remember the Cream magazine interview from 1982 where Lindsey said he saw his future of not touring when he turned 40. He changed and we all change. We owe them the privacy they deserve and I have no interest in what happened. Their marriage lasted many times longer than other rock stars.
I’m interested from the standpoint of understanding what Lindsey is or isn’t going through. Maybe he’ll talk about it if he wants to and even write songs about it at some point.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, that certainly tells us how well the interior design business is going... def not going to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed....
I doubt she worked at all the past 2 years, considering her husband won a substantial financial settlement from FM, then he had a serious heart attack, and then of course Covid- no one was hiring an interior decorator during a pandemic. And I bet when Christine got a divorce, she paid her ex spousal support or a big settlement. That’s all part of the gamble when you get married. But I think Lindsey will get by with what he has, just like Christine did.
Old 06-18-2021, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m interested from the standpoint of understanding what Lindsey is or isn’t going through. Maybe he’ll talk about it if he wants to and even write songs about it at some point.
I'm interested from the standpoint that I'm very nosy.

The truth is, Kristin never had to work. She obviously wanted her design business because she wanted creative fulfillment and had this thing about pears and picture frames that she needed to get out of her system.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm interested from the standpoint that I'm very nosy.

The truth is, Kristin never had to work. She obviously wanted her design business because she wanted creative fulfillment and had this thing about pears and picture frames that she needed to get out of her system.
Yep.
And yep.
Though to be fair, raising 3 kids is work...let's face it he was on the road so much of their lives. That said, she referenced in some interview that she 'managed it all' by having an 'amazing staff' so... But THAT said, we've not heard any salacious stories about any of them (which, granted doesn't mean there aren't any) which is a pretty admirable accomplishment raising rich brats in LA. As Jackie Kennedy famously said, "If you mess up raising your kids, nothing else you do really matter". Their kids don't seem so far to have turned out messed up so I'll give her kudos for that.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-18-2021 at 09:39 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Any particular posts you’re thinking of when you say things looked like they weren’t ok before his firing/heart attack?
Her IG's posts from 2017 before he was fired. You couldn't find him anywhere no matter how hard you tried. I remember that post with a collage by the end of 2017 with the horses, the dogs, the kids and the fireworks at the Dodger Stadium. Yep, the horses but no Lindsey at all.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yep.
And yep.
Though to be fair, raising 3 kids is work...let's face it he was on the road so much of their lives. That said, she referenced in some interview that she 'managed it all' by having an 'amazing staff' so... But THAT said, we've not heard any salacious stories about any of them (which, granted doesn't mean there aren't any) which is a pretty admirable accomplishment raising rich brats in LA. As Jackie Kennedy famously said, "If you mess up raising your kids, nothing else you do really matter". Their kids don't seem so far to have turned out messed up so I'll give her kudos for that.
Yeah, the girls seem really great. The boy may be a handful, but look: his dad was sitting on the floor smoking hash for most of his twenties, so what do yo expect?
Old 06-19-2021, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Her IG's posts from 2017 before he was fired. You couldn't find him anywhere no matter how hard you tried. I remember that post with a collage by the end of 2017 with the horses, the dogs, the kids and the fireworks at the Dodger Stadium. Yep, the horses but no Lindsey at all.
That actually makes me admire her even more if they were separated and she came back to publicly stand by his side and let the world know that Fleetwood Mac consisted of a pack of lying dogs. I am grateful for that.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That actually makes me admire her even more if they were separated and she came back to publicly stand by his side and let the world know that Fleetwood Mac consisted of a pack of lying dogs. I am grateful for that.
Couldn't agree more. I really have so many questions, but alas, will likely never get answered (and it's really none of my business