Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2022, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yay.

More Stevie bashing.
I like Stevie's music. But I am not afraid to talk about the elephant in the living room. This thread pivoted on hypothetical dreams about a Christine solo concert or even a mini tour (which I think is highly unlikely). We talked about possible guests and I am open and honest enough to say Stevie would ruin the entire thing. Some of her fans are disrespectful to the band. They walk out when she leaves the stage almost like a fire alarm went off. In 1987 when I was waiting in the line to buy concert tickets for the 1987 tour, I was there very early with the rabid "fans." All I heard was "no one goes to see Christine, she is ugly." This ugliness is a reality that gave Stevie the power she has when she gave her ultimatum. She has the power to fill the arena and Mick and the band took profit over legacy. That is their choice but we are free to write and talk about it. You may disagree but I would never want her on stage at a Chris solo concert unless it was a surprise and no one knew she was coming. Its the same reason Stevie did not take the stage on the last night of Chris's short solo tour in1984. It would have been disrespectful. Even Stevie knew that. It was Chris's night and she was not going to upstage her.
If you call that Stevie bashing for talking about the elephant in the room, I plead guilty!
Old 03-29-2022, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I like Stevie's music. But I am not afraid to talk about the elephant in the living room. This thread pivoted on hypothetical dreams about a Christine solo concert or even a mini tour (which I think is highly unlikely). We talked about possible guests and I am open and honest enough to say Stevie would ruin the entire thing. Some of her fans are disrespectful to the band. They walk out when she leaves the stage almost like a fire alarm went off. In 1987 when I was waiting in the line to buy concert tickets for the 1987 tour, I was there very early with the rabid "fans." All I heard was "no one goes to see Christine, she is ugly." This ugliness is a reality that gave Stevie the power she has when she gave her ultimatum. She has the power to fill the arena and Mick and the band took profit over legacy. That is their choice but we are free to write and talk about it. You may disagree but I would never want her on stage at a Chris solo concert unless it was a surprise and no one knew she was coming. Its the same reason Stevie did not take the stage on the last night of Chris's short solo tour in1984. It would have been disrespectful. Even Stevie knew that. It was Chris's night and she was not going to upstage her.
If you call that Stevie bashing for talking about the elephant in the room, I plead guilty!
We’re talking an Albert Hall type all-star tribute show dedicated to the music of Christine McVie. Do you seriously think significant numbers of chiffonheads would pay thousands to fly to London, hundreds on hotel rooms, and hundreds or thousands for tickets just to see Stevie singing on maybe a handful of songs?

However, when it’s an all-star type show and the vast majority of the set is going to be Fleetwood Mac songs, it would be much weirder in that context for Stevie to not be a part of it. Same for Lindsey, which would make for an interesting night.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-29-2022, 08:35 PM
DownOnRodeo
This message has been deleted by DownOnRodeo.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well, if we can side step Stevie bashing for a second.

1. What do you think this album/tour is going to be?

2. Wouldn't it be cool to do a tribute to a legend like Christine and have the special guests of her life join her for a song? (Thinking in the set up of PG Tribute)
1. I think the album will be remakes of her some of her biggest songs. I doubt it's going to be too adventurous, however, it will have orchestral accompaniment. As such, it's going to be dominated by Fleetwood Mac songs.

Concert wise, I see Christine maybe doing a limited engagement "tour" (where it could be weeks between shows) with her and a small core backing band playing with a local orchestra or philharmonic.

2. I'd be down for that, too. However, I don't think that will have anything to do with this new album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-29-2022, 08:45 PM
DownOnRodeo
This message has been deleted by DownOnRodeo.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

https://media.giphy.com/media/328aqG...CGA1/giphy.gif

(Wasn't able to embed it.)
Old 03-29-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Hahaha!!!!
Old 03-30-2022, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
We’re talking an Albert Hall type all-star tribute show dedicated to the music of Christine McVie. Do you seriously think significant numbers of chiffonheads would pay thousands to fly to London, hundreds on hotel rooms, and hundreds or thousands for tickets just to see Stevie singing on maybe a handful of songs?

However, when it’s an all-star type show and the vast majority of the set is going to be Fleetwood Mac songs, it would be much weirder in that context for Stevie to not be a part of it. Same for Lindsey, which would make for an interesting night.
Steve,
You are taking things out of context again. Where has it been announced there is a London show and only 1 show? We or I was talking hypotheticals about a few shows or mini tour that I already doubted would happen. Chris struggled with vocals years ago when she was only singing on a fraction of songs. Can she pull off an entire show with singing every song?
Chris and Stevie have never written music together or wrote songs together. Stevie's presence is not needed and would be more of a distraction IMHO. Chris would be trying to focus on her music. You want to keep ignoring the Lindsey/Stevie dynamic and if anyone should be there its Lindsey. Stevie said she never wanted to share the stage with Lindsey again. If that is the case then Stevie herself already took herself out of the equation. Chris does not want or need this kind of drama on her stage. Lindsey wrote and performed music with Chris. He needs to be there. Or maybe there can be a sound proof box that they can put Stevie in. When Lindsey leaves the stage they can give her a cue to come out when Lindsey leaves the stage. You see the nonsense this would create? The story would not be Chris's music but the drama from Stevie. That was the beautiful thing about Buck/Vie. No drama. It was about the music.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-30-2022 at 05:46 AM..
Old 03-30-2022, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Or maybe there can be a sound proof box that they can put Stevie in.
Now there's a tour strategy I can get behind!
Also recommended for pressers and award ceremonies.
Old 03-30-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Now there's a tour strategy I can get behind!
Also recommended for pressers and award ceremonies.
I would never stop laughing is Stevie was put in a plastic box
Old 03-30-2022, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The only problem is you could not hear the cow bell from the isolation booth.

2:05 Stevie, step into your isolation booth while Lindsey takes the stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpc1haD2du8&t=493s

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-30-2022 at 08:16 AM..
Old 03-30-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
The only problem is you could not hear the cow bell from the isolation booth.

2:05 Stevie, step into your isolation booth while Lindsey takes the stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpc1haD2du8&t=493s
Could we ever hear her cowbell?
Old 03-30-2022, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was the beautiful thing about Buck/Vie. No drama. It was about the music.
Exactly. Take the goat out of the equation, and there's peace, love, and harmony.

And my perfekt swan song for FM. Let's have another one!!!!
Old 03-30-2022, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, a fella can dream!!!

Can we make sure it's airtight, first?
Old 03-30-2022, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Hey, a fella can dream!!!

Can we make sure it's airtight, first?
I just thought of a great idea. Remember those boxes that housed the musicians on Christine's video: Love will show us how. They were suspended in air above the stage. Stevie can easily fit into one of those. Her back up singers can share adjacent boxes. Lindsey cand then peacefully perform on the stage.

Just in case you forgot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt2lQP4ln3g
Old 03-30-2022, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just thought of a great idea. Remember those boxes that housed the musicians on Christine's video: Love will show us how. They were suspended in air above the stage. Stevie can easily fit into one of those. Her back up singers can share adjacent boxes. Lindsey cand then peacefully perform on the stage.

Just in case you forgot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt2lQP4ln3g
I'm all for putting Stevie in a box.

I haven't forgotten. I've got it on DVD, along with her solo concert.
Old 03-30-2022, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When is Christine's new album coming out? Get me up to date. Of course I'm going to buy it.