The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What are you most tired of hearing?
"Everyone in the band was sleeping with each other!" 14 28.00%
"They did enough cocaine to burn a hole in Godzilla's nose!" 17 34.00%
"Fleetwood Mac is nothing without (member)!" 7 14.00%
They were a hardcore blues band until Stevie and Lindsey ruined everything! 6 12.00%
(Member) Is a saint and never did/does anything wrong! 4 8.00%
(Member) (Insert vaguely libelous rumor here)! 2 4.00%
(Member) never wrote any bad songs! 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music
Default What are you most sick of hearing about?

I'm feeling bored and a little irritated.

1. "Everyone in the band was sleeping with each other!" Well, gee... You had two couples, they broke up, Stevie had an affair with Mick, Lindsey kinda sorta may have had a "thing" with Christine...and everything else is just gossip. An overblown talking point.

2. "They did enough cocaine to burn a hole in Godzilla's nose!" So did just about every other band that was popular during the period - if not cocaine, then some other recreational substance. And they're all sober now - get over it, folks.

3. "Fleetwood Mac is nothing without (member)!" They're a band - "a group of musicians organized for ensemble playing." They need each other in order to create music. Stop fanwanking and look at the big picture.

4. "They were a hardcore blues band until Stevie and Lindsey ruined everything!" Convienently ignores the Bob Welch years - if Mystery To Me is a "hardcore blues" album, I obviously need to revise my musical dictionary.

5. "(Member) Is a saint and never did/does anything wrong!" No 'frickin way. I imagine even Christine could be a flaming bitch, and Stevie and Lindsey? You'd have to be living in a cave since 1975 to think they've got spotless records, drugs or not. Too much evidence to the contrary.

6. "(Member) (Insert vaguely libelous rumor here)!" Yeah, the Mac was just an endless parade of drug orgies, screaming fits, Satanic worship, and domestic abuse, but where's the physical evidence that it actually happened? Yeah, speculate all you want, but don't quote it as truth. Besides, since Stevie is a witch, she could use her ~magical powers~ to draw cocaine up her rear end without any actual help. Even through her clothes. Duh!

7. "(Member) never wrote any bad songs!" Well, you can go on thinking that Family Man and When I See You Again are the epitome of pop perfection, but I try to maintain a standard of healthy criticism when I can. The Macsters might be reading this forum and getting too cocky, you know.

Last edited by SortaSavageLike; 05-04-2008 at 09:38 PM..