Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...indsey+nuggets

Old 04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Is there another Lindsey snippets thread?

Here's a mention by Dominic Miller, Sting's guitarist.

http://www.dominicmiller.com/asksess.html
thanks for the link David!

text referring to LB:

Q: In your session work (most notably with Sting), I appreciate that fact that the your guitar parts always seem to compliment the lyric or verse. Although sometimes quite subtle, the method in which your voicings weave in and out of the songs remind me quite a lot of Lindsey Buckingham. Does your feel that your classical reference point has contributed to your ability to express or restrain your session guitar work (as you always seem to 'play for the song')? - from Chad

A: Thanks for this. Lindsay Buckingham is one of the most creative song accompanists on guitar. His parts always sound perfect to me. I am flattered you should put me in the same paragraph as him. Yes I do in some way model my approach on his, but there are also many others. Classical playing has been of some help, mainly with technique which I sometimes use on electric and visa versa. But my main instrument is musicianship. I like to be true to the song and complement it as much as it deserves, if not more. Having some classical background and listening to people like Lindsay Buckingham helps make this possible.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote from Lindsey in article about Ken's book.
http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1704047

Lindsey Buckingham recalls that overcoming the drama surrounding the band's inter-personal relationships during the making of Rumours was a huge part of the album's success: "The best thing probably was, in some odd way, the fact that we rose above all of that and were almost able to tap into the heroic aspects of ourselves in order to do what needed to be done. Because, we'd had already had one successful album, and once Rumours became as successful as it obviously was going to become, we just realized that we just had to push through no matter what and that was what people responded to."
Old 05-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Compares Lindsey's look to Daniel Hindman:

Seattle Weekly, May 18, 2012 by Erin Thompson
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/rever..._lindsey_b.php

Yesterday I blogged about one show I was looking forward to this weekend--Pure Bathing Culture at Neumos tonight with Deep Sea Diver and Ravenna Woods. In this week's Short List, my Editor's Pick of the week is a different show though--Lindsey Buckingham at the Neptune tomorrow night. Today Pure Bathing Culture tweeted a photo of that Short List page, stating, "Seattle Weekly. Stoked to be sharing the page with Lindsey! Danny beside himself." In looking at the page, I came to the startling realization that Lindsey and PBC's Daniel Hindman look scarily similar.

I mean present-day Lindsey Buckingham. When Buckingham was Hindman's age he looked like this:

So I guess what I'm saying is, young Daniel Hindman looks like old Lindsey Buckingham, and that is cool. And a Short List coincidence. I wasn't the first to notice this. A commenter on PBC's Instagram wrote: "The men are sort of rockin the same hairdo, too." Good on you, Daniel.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an American Idol article, I don't know if they would have though of LB, if Stevie hadn't brought the comparison to all viewers' attention:

http://www.afterelton.com/tv/2012/05...n-11?page=last

Phil Phillips summoned Lindsey Buckingham on his good days and Dave Matthews on his meh days.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
From an American Idol article, I don't know if they would have though of LB, if Stevie hadn't brought the comparison to all viewers' attention:

http://www.afterelton.com/tv/2012/05...n-11?page=last

Phil Phillips summoned Lindsey Buckingham on his good days and Dave Matthews on his meh days.
no, there were tons of tweets that he's a mix between Dave Matthews and Lindsey Buckingham since the start of the season. every time the idol was on people were tweeting that, way before SN was on.

there are tons of tweets today about some band representing Israel on Eurovision too - lead singer has a lindsey-hairdo (although he looks nothing like LB, i checked the youtube ) so there are bunch of jokes re his LB-like looks -

@AndySpeed1000
Is that a harry connick jr, lindsey buckingham hybrid singing for Israel?? #eurovision

@BjrnKohlstrm
@SteffoTornquist Nä, det är Lindsey Buckingham eller äsch! Rufus Wainwright! Äsch!

@DaiTheBay
Israel's lead singer looks like a slightly camp, massively insane version of Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham #Eurovision

@Nulapimple
Oh Israel. How very Eurovision. But wait.. is that Lindsey Buckingham? #Eurovision

@Boodlesy
It's nice Lindsey Buckingham has something to do while Fleetwood Mac are on hold #eurovision

@Stu4r7
#bbceurovision F**k me - it's Lindsey Buckingham and pals!!!

@juffery
IF THEY TURNED LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM INTO A MUPPET THAT WOULD BE ISRAEL!!!!!!

@richarevans1
#eurovision Crikey Lindsey Buckingham has let himself go.

@BjrnKohlstrm
Inte visste jag att Rufus Wainwright sjöng för Israel! Eller va? Är det Kramer? Lindsey Buckingham?

@Nick_Pettigrew
#eurovision I wondered what Lindsey Buckingham was up to these days.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That guy doesn't remind me of Lindsey at all. Michele
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default John Mayer - "Born and Raised" (new album)

http://www.billboard.com/new-release...07120152.story

...Speak For Me: Mayer's sonic tour of California turns towards Lindsey Buckingham here, with a rolling guitar figure and a gentle but lively mood. Mayer seems a little down on his colleagues here ("The music on my radio ain't supposed to make me feel alone") and yearns for someone who can "play a song that I can sing" and "make me feel as I am free." ...

and

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/joh...y-good_1331534

John Mayer 's new album 'Born and Raised' is indebted to the late 1960s and early '70s, to the extent that the cover art even looks like a facsimile of SMALL FACES' 1968 album Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake. Mayer's fifth studio album is the first that he will be unable to support with a live tour, as he is currently suffering from a throat condition that forced him to cancel his planned live shows. In the absence of a tour, Mayer will no doubt be hoping that reviews of the album will be positive ones.

Billboard note how much tracks like 'Queen of California' owe their influence to the likes of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, with a nod to Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham in 'Speak For Me.' To hammer the point home, the title track features backing vocals from David Crosby and Graham Nash. Their track-by track rundown offers more in the way of description than opinion, though, leaving the reader to seek out the tracks themselves. More telling is the review from New York Daily Times, which concludes that it's Mayer's "lack of vulnerability and risk that most distances this album from its intended goal", adding, "Instead of being more frank and raw, its more meandering and numb than ever."

Huffington Post are kinder, describing 'Born and Raised' as "a phenomenal record", and continuing, "John Mayer has crafted an album not only meeting the towering expectations of loyal Mayer fans but far surpassing them." There's no hiding Mayer's intention to create an homage to days gone by; he seems to have divided opinion with his fifth studio album though and only time will tell whether or not it will suffer with a lack of live appearances from the popular singer.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cory Brannan: Mutt – 2012

http://www.countrystandardtime.com/d...w.asp?xid=4893

Cory Brannan
Mutt – 2012 (Bloodshot)
Reviewed by Michael Rampa

CD Reviews

Shop Amazon and support
Country Standard Time

CDs by Cory Brannan
Mutt (2012)

Cory Branan has cited varied influences for "Mutt." They include Mellencamp and Springsteen. ITunes appears to have pegged them as the dominant ones. The album is auto categorized in the rock genre. But his self-produced debut with Bloodshot is a melting pot of varying inspirations, from Americana to folk. Some are subtly hidden, perhaps even to Branan himself. His finesse picking on the gorgeous opener The Corner is reminiscent of Lindsey Buckingham. The fundamental sound is a punk /southern rock vibe in the same vein as Paul Westerberg.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no, there were tons of tweets that he's a mix between Dave Matthews and Lindsey Buckingham since the start of the season. every time the idol was on people were tweeting that, way before SN was on.

Probably has some connection to Vivendi Universal. When they start dropping names like that it's to drum up public interest, not just some nice retro gesture.

I think there's something cooking in the business realm with this Vivendi company being the largest entertainment conglomerate and the ties with Interscope, Live Nation, Irving Azoff and most recently - Tom Whalley.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Did I just hear the walk on music for Bill Hader on Jimmy Fallon..
Trouble?....
Short, but.... Short...

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 05-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Did I just hear the walk on music for Bill Hader on Jimmy Fallon..
Trouble?....
Short, but.... Short...

tweet:

@dannybluebird
I love that The Roots played Lindsey Buckingham's "Trouble" when Bill Hader came out on @LateNightJimmy.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i think this must be the first time ever that i've seen LB's solo career being referred to as a success (as opposed to "a LB paradox" or however they called it). so nice to see it - Lindsey has really been turning opinions around in the last 6 years

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...-go-solo-next/

Question of the Day: Which Frontman Should Go Solo Next?
BY CHRIS COPLAN ON MAY 25TH, 2012 IN NEWS, QUESTION OF THE DAY

Today, My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James announced plans to release his debut solo album. When said LP drops sometime early next year, James will join an illustrious list of well-known frontmen, from Peter Gabriel to Rod Stewart, who have made a go of it on their own. Some have had success as their own creative entities (Phil Collins, Lindsey Buckingham), while others have proven that going solo isn’t always the best approach (see: Chris Cornell’s Scream).

Which prominent rock/pop frontman would you like to see drop a proper solo record? Maybe someone like The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne, The National’s Matt Berninger, or Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl? Is there ever an instance where a frontman shouldn’t go it alone? Or, are these albums a “requirement” for all truly successful frontmen?

Leave your comments below. You can also tweet us @coslive with the hashtag #CoSQotD or post something on our Facebook page.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have an article on Lindsey from my local paper promoting tonight's show in Northampton, Ma. It contains two pics of Lindsey. Does anyone in the United States want me to mail it to them? After I get a response I will delete this.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm late to this, but regarding the first post written by Ken.... what were you referring to about "disc 2 from Philly"?? Did someone post something from a LB solo show? And if so, what year are you referring to?? I am totally interested!

Th
ank you!!