User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
Who needs the Big 5? How about a Fleetwood Mac tour with Neil Finn, Mike Campbell, Brett Tuggle, Sharon Celani and Marilyn Martin?!?!
Why not Lori?!!!
Old 08-13-2021, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
We all say "never say never" when it comes to Fleetwood Mac related events, but I think the ship has truly sailed once and for all.
At this endgame stage, I have come to really appreciate the comedic potential of the band. To that end, more than anything, I’d love to see Fleetwood Mac conquer reality TV. Imagine all five of them in a beach house in Miami for a few months with cameras everywhere. At various times, individuals bring their exes over for a visit and the fur flies. Jimmy Iovine, Sara Fleetwood, Eddy Quintela, Carol Harris, and others could pop over for drinks and Pictionary or Twister. Speaking of drinks, every evening (around 2:00), all five of the band would doll themselves up, pile in to the shuttle, and head out for a local bar or dive, where they would drink excessive amounts of tequila, dance with strangers, and so on, until one of them staggers out into the parking lot to throw up. Then back in the shuttle and home, where they fall unconscious into a roommate’s bed. These episodes would write themselves with such a gifted group of people.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-13-2021, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
Who needs the Big 5? How about a Fleetwood Mac tour with Neil Finn, Mike Campbell, Brett Tuggle, Sharon Celani and Marilyn Martin?!?!
Not a bad idea, that. The Fleetwood Backline Tour 2022!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Why not Lori?!!!
Whoops- Good point Unwinded Dreams- How could I forget Lori? I wish Lori and Sharon had recorded solo music like Marilyn has.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
At this endgame stage, I have come to really appreciate the comedic potential of the band. To that end, more than anything, I’d love to see Fleetwood Mac conquer reality TV. Imagine all five of them in a beach house in Miami for a few months with cameras everywhere. At various times, individuals bring their exes over for a visit and the fur flies. Jimmy Iovine, Sara Fleetwood, Eddy Quintela, Carol Harris, and others could pop over for drinks and Pictionary or Twister.
Maybe Peter Green and Bob Welch could tag along with Eddy Quintela?
Old 08-13-2021, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Maybe Peter Green and Bob Welch could tag along with Eddy Quintela?
As far as we know Peter and Bob didn't sleep with anyone else in the band but by David's definition Dennis Wilson would qualify!

Old 08-13-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
As far as we know Peter and Bob didn't sleep with anyone else in the band but by David's definition Dennis Wilson would qualify!
Danny slept with Bob and then Bob got Danny fired.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A final tour, I hope not. I don't think they could pull it off at their ages. I'd rather see them go out with a bang than a whimper. Then again that bang never really happened, thanks to you know who. Fizzzzle.....
Old 08-18-2021, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
A final tour, I hope not. I don't think they could pull it off at their ages. I'd rather see them go out with a bang than a whimper. Then again that bang never really happened, thanks to you know who. Fizzzzle.....
Exactly. Besides, watch again Rhiannon, GYOW and Everywhere for 784th time? No way. Yes people who know me would say Come on Villavic, you've watched Star Wars, The Godfather and Gone with the wind hundred of times. Yes, but I didn't pay hundred of dollars every time. And each time was the exact performance, not a degraded one.
Old 08-18-2021, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post

Yes end of show…. The 2017 Tour with the new music (BuckMcvie) should have been it. I do believe Stevie has some regrets on this miss. 50 years final tour with the 5.

Last edited by BLY; 08-18-2021 at 08:22 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes end of show…. The 2017 Tour with the new music (BuckMcvie) should have been it. I do believe Stevie has some regrets on this miss. 50 years final tour with the 5.
So much regret that she had one of them fired .
Old 08-26-2021, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Danny slept with Bob and then Bob got Danny fired.
If Danny were alive, he'd have felt a dark presence in the force when you wrote this. He'd say to himself: "I have never been on any form of social media, people haven't seen a picture of me since the early-90s, and no one knows how to get in touch with me. But damnit, I am going full bore into the virtual internet world, signing up for interviews the London Times, etc, just so that everyone know I would never ever ever have slept with Bob Welch. Bob Weston, maybe, but never Bob Welch." To which we would nod our heads and say, "makes sense."
Old 08-26-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If Danny were alive, he'd have felt a dark presence in the force when you wrote this. He'd say to himself: "I have never been on any form of social media, people haven't seen a picture of me since the early-90s, and no one knows how to get in touch with me. But damnit, I am going full bore into the virtual internet world, signing up for interviews the London Times, etc, just so that everyone know I would never ever ever have slept with Bob Welch. Bob Weston, maybe, but never Bob Welch." To which we would nod our heads and say, "makes sense."
He can go his own way for sure!
Old 09-09-2021, 01:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

I just saw LB in concert this week, and while his solo work is not always as accessible lyrically, I have to say that the last 15 years of output has been more often great than not. Seeing him and his band really playing with so much passion and vitality is worth him not being in FM anymore. I would just as soon they never reunite.

I think it's never say never, in that for some ungodly sum of money, maybe it would happen, but I think it most likely won't. Stevie is still super pissed and holds the strings as far as FM touring as a big moneymaker. Maybe if one of them dies, the others will do something together, but that's the best we can hope for. Sadly.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I just saw LB in concert this week, and while his solo work is not always as accessible lyrically, I have to say that the last 15 years of output has been more often great than not. Seeing him and his band really playing with so much passion and vitality is worth him not being in FM anymore. I would just as soon they never reunite.

I think it's never say never, in that for some ungodly sum of money, maybe it would happen, but I think it most likely won't. Stevie is still super pissed and holds the strings as far as FM touring as a big moneymaker. Maybe if one of them dies, the others will do something together, but that's the best we can hope for. Sadly.
my thoughts for a decade now!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"