Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2003, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bob Welch album to be reissued again on CD

This might be of interest to any Bob Welch fans here. I was checking Amazon and discovered something interesting. The Bob Welch album, "Three Hearts" will be reissued again on CD, this time with bonus tracks included. There is no track listing listed yet, so I don't know anything about the extra tracks. This album has been very hard to find on CD, and quite expensive when available. Amazon has it listed at just $9.98 with a release date of May 6th.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile 3H

Great! Thanks for the news!

I bet "Something strong" (the B-side to the "Precious love" single) will be one of the bonus tracks (or well, I sure hope so anyways).

I remember him saying in his Penguin Q & A that he had on average 1 or 2 out takes per album so that should be cool. Here's hoping his other albums are re-released on CD with those "extra on average" tracks too.

John
Old 03-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation One Way site, two versions of three hearts

Update: Just checked www.onewayrecords.com and they have two listings for this under their new releases section:

05/06/2003
Welch, Bob
Three Hearts + 3 bonus tracks (Ltd. Ed.)
Remastered Limited Ed. Signature Series CD- autograhped, hand numbered, strictly limited to 2,500 units! ONE36328.2

05/06/2003
Welch, Bob
Three Hearts + 3 bonus tracks
Top 20 gold album from 1979 from the former Fleetwood Mac guitarist/vocalist. Guests Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and Mick Fleetwood!

Hope this is of help/interest .

John
Old 03-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation UPDATE 2

I e mailed this guy Eddie Wilner (who answers questions at the One Way website) to see if SS was going to be one of the "bonus tracks" on the 3H CD and this is what he had to say:

"Yes, Something Strong is one of the bonus tracks along with the
alternative version of Three Hearts, and French version of Precious Love. We will also have a limited edition signature series where Bob autographs 2,500 slipsleeves that slides over the the CD, which are hand numbered. We are also looking to do another project with Bob which I cannot say at this time, but keep checking our web site for more details. The item we want to
release would be out this summer."

Sounds good, I wonder if the "project he can't discuss" is the live Japan recording from the FK tour that we heard about before? Well, whatever it is, it sounds good, I did say to him that it was fair enough if he couldn't discuss it but just so he knew that there were many of us that would like very much to see ANY Welch material on CD so we're looking forward to it. His e mail address is eddwil@aent.com if you want to reinforce our enthusiam to him about seeing Welch stuff on CD.

John
Old 03-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John,
Thanks for all the extra information about this CD. That limited edition CD sounds great! But, it doesn't look like that's what is now listed on Amazon. Do you know if you have to order the limited edition CD directly from the One Way website?
Old 03-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

You're welcome macfan, thank YOU for letting us know about the news in the first place as I probably wouldn't have found out about it otherwise.

Hmm, I don't know either but I'm guessing that onewayrecords.com will sell the regular & limited editions and Amazon will just sell the regular version but I guess we'll have to see closer the time though.

John
Old 03-26-2003, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is really excellent news... thanks!

The amount of Bob Welch albums in my collection is severely limited.
In fact, I'm ashamed to say this, but my entire Bob Welch collection consists of a vinyl copy of 'French Kiss,' and the 'Best Of Bob Welch' CD that Rhino released in '91.

I had actually wanted to get a copy of 'Three Hearts' last year, but I could only find it as an import, and it was a little too expensive for me (it's hard being a Mac fanatic on a budget!)

Thanks again!

Johnny Stew
Old 03-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember getting the "Precious Love" 45 when it came out...a couple of weeks before the album...and being VERY surprised that "Something Strong" didn't make the album. It is just too good of a song to be relegated to "B-side". I'm happy to see it getting reinstated, albeit as a bonus track, to the album it SHOULD've been on in the first place (kind of the way "Silver Springs" SHOULD've been on Rumours from the beginning).