Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Last Word Christine McVie

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-word-1367214/
Old 06-23-2022, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who the heck writes these questions, what is this an annual performance review? What are your goals for the next couple of years? She's almost 80. Mitigating back pain and trying to enjoy the rest of her days. That's the goal.

It's interesting to hear her take on all of the fighting. Makes one wonder just how overblown a lot of it had become over the years. How much of it was exaggerated in the minds of Stevie and Lindsey?
Old 06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Who the heck writes these questions, what is this an annual performance review? What are your goals for the next couple of years? She's almost 80. Mitigating back pain and trying to enjoy the rest of her days. That's the goal.
I love the brevity and matter-of-factness of her responses. While the rest of Fleetwood Mac is continually embroiled in regrets and recriminations, Chris is the Anti-Drama.

Quote:
What are your goals over the next few years?
Stay alive, hopefully. Well, I’ll be 80 next year. So, I’m just hoping for a few more years, and we’ll see what happens.
Quote:
It's interesting to hear her take on all of the fighting. Makes one wonder just how overblown a lot of it had become over the years. How much of it was exaggerated in the minds of Stevie and Lindsey?
I think she’s deliberately playing the positive ion to all the negative ions. Probably more than anyone else, she wants Mac’s legacy to be musical, not sociological. She downplays the melodrama, while the others (and the press) emphasize it. But the truth sits between.

Sounds, too, as if she’s back in London permanently. I hope she plans to see Lindsey play somewhere next fall. They ought to both start demoing again for a follow-up to the June 2017 album.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-23-2022, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie and Lindsey are all about drama. Especially Stevie. Mainly Stevie. It's interesting she says that they are no longer enemies. But they aren't talking to each other. I'm not sure what that is about. Stevie seemed pretty pissed when she told RS she would never be in the same room with him again.

I love Christine. She is so genuine. She obviously has looked on the bright side of life instead of the dark like someone else we know. I wish her the best with her Scoliosis.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-23-2022, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I loved this. Thank you for sharing and posting. I love that she mentioned Bob Welch and was happy in that era. I would love to ask her questions about it. The Stevie/Lindsey era has been asked to death. I want to dig into her relationship with Bob and her songs in that era. I still love it when Bob said Chris would give him side eye and hate his talking mid song like on the Bermuda Triangle.
I am just happy she said those 2 words even in passing...….. BOB WELCH
Old 06-23-2022, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I really enjoyed that interview. Christine mentioned so many folks, but nothing about Billy and Rick, which surprised me. I wonder if she was disappointed by the lackluster response to Behind the Mask and Time, and therefore doesn’t care to talk about that era much? She should know that just because BTM didn’t match Tango sales, a lot of fans did enjoy that album. Her positive remarks about Bob Welch were a surprise to me, considering she wanted him excluded from the RRHOF.

Great interview!
Old 06-23-2022, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, I really enjoyed that interview. Christine mentioned so many folks, but nothing about Billy and Rick, which surprised me. I wonder if she was disappointed by the lackluster response to Behind the Mask and Time, and therefore doesn’t care to talk about that era much? She should know that just because BTM didn’t match Tango sales, a lot of fans did enjoy that album. Her positive remarks about Bob Welch were a surprise to me, considering she wanted him excluded from the RRHOF.

Great interview!
I dont think that was anything personal. She has known Billy for years before Fleetwood Mac and I am sure they still keep in touch. If she purposely avoided them its probably because of how Rick and Billy got screwed over. Stevie was already bringing Mike Campbell so it was probably complicated to only ask one and not the other.
I am sure Christine is fond of Rick and Billy and especially Billy. Chris and Billy's voice went really good together.