Good choice to end the show with Farmer’s Daughter 8 47.06%
It must have been the penultimate 2 11.76%
Must have been in the middle, not the encore 1 5.88%
Should have included another song instead 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2022, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Farmer's Daughter poll

Just curious about what you think about this song, being included in The Reunion tour (aka The Dance tour).

1. Good choice to end the show with Farmer’s Daughter
2. Good idea to include in the setlist, but it must have been the penultimate, and Songbird the last song, as is the traditional closing
3. Must have been in the middle of the show, not the encore
4. Because I don’t like it that much, or because it’s a cover, they should have included another song instead of Farmer’s Daughter

Last edited by Villavic; 08-08-2022 at 11:44 AM..
Old 08-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

It made as a great flashback to the 1980 Live album. I am in the minority where I dont really care for the song. Its ok. I saw it more of a tribute back to earlier days so in that regard I liked it. But as a song, I would rather hear something else.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It made as a great flashback to the 1980 Live album. I am in the minority where I dont really care for the song. Its ok. I saw it more of a tribute back to earlier days so in that regard I liked it. But as a song, I would rather hear something else.
This.

I never really got into it. It's okay, though.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Always loved it. I wouldn’t care where it’s placed in the set — it could come after “Landslide” and “Never Going Back Again” — but I loved hearing the band sing it, with Mick on brushes. How often did we get to hear all three vocalists in ambient equal measure without the heavy instruments overpowering them? Plus, it’s a really lovely song.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2022, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m indifferent to this song. It isn’t bad but it isn’t great either. I don’t really get it’s inclusion on The Dance tour set list other than an opportunity to close the show with all 5 front and center. But, they already had that moment with Say You Love Me earlier in the set.

I could care less about Songbird being the actual closer and what I will say about The Farmer’s Daughter, at least they were open to mixing the set up from what they’d done previously.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:24 PM

I really love this song. It was covered very nicely by the 3 vocalists. I would have loved it to be in the middle.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Its a 10 for a deep cut. It was a total surprise and love that. I love the Dance set list and would give it a solid B or B+. It was the one time I wish there was no solo work like Stand Back or the long version of Go Insane. If they also dropped Not That Funny thats lots more space for a quick Love In Store, Little Lies (with Lindsey finally) or what I really wanted to hear...Sara with Chris on piano. Sara was not performed in the states on the 87 tour nor the 90 tour. When it finally returned in 2003 or later it was not the same without Chris. I would also include Eyes of the World as something I would prefer to hear let alone Isn't It Midnight which I know is a pipe dream.
I was a pig in mud and wanted everything and any cover or solo work was irritating me
But I would have preferred it mid set with Landslide before or after. I may be in the minority again but I hated the Dance Say You Love Me. You can take your ooooo la la la's and put them where Sister Honey shines. I need to hear that organ grinding. Its like taking the bass part out of the chain

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-08-2022 at 04:21 PM..
Old 08-08-2022, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really liked it. It was the only new song from Fleetwood Mac Live in the set, meaning they did something from every album that lineup released.

I don’t think it would have worked earlier in the set, since it’s a goodbye song.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-11-2022, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My memory of Farmer's Daughter from The Dance Tour was Lindsey put down the Model 1 and strapped on a Fender VI Bass. I originally thought it was a Fender Jaguar but as I got a closer look it was indeed the Fender 6 String Bass. Which could also be a considered a variant of the Baritone Guitar. It had such an organic, subtle sound that worked so well for the song and its vocal arrangement.

Oh, to see Lindsey live use his 63' Hybrid Strat, his White Telecaster, his sunburst strat, his Martin D-18 live and maybe leave behind the very loud and thick Mesa triple and double rectifier amps for something with a little more ambient detail.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
My memory of Farmer's Daughter from The Dance Tour was Lindsey put down the Model 1 and strapped on a Fender VI Bass. I originally thought it was a Fender Jaguar but as I got a closer look it was indeed the Fender 6 String Bass. Which could also be a considered a variant of the Baritone Guitar.
If memory serves, I believe the bass VI is generally tuned lower. I just sold my baritone double neck. They're typically tuned B-B, and I think bass VI's are E-E. Not 100% positive, though.