Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Billy Burnette Heart Surgery

As some of you may know I am the admin of a Billy Burnette group on facebook, and there has been an influx of people joining and posting in the past couple of days wishing Billy well as he recovers from surgery.

A quick google has turned up a mention of heart surgery two days ago. Does anyone have any other information on this?

Oh and may you get well very soon Mr Burnette!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, poor Billy! Recovering from surgery doesn't sound like the jolliest way to spend the holiday season.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Chris. Here's wishing Billy a perfect surgery, cute nurses, a quick recovery, and all the best for Christmas and the New Year!

I didn't find anything about Billy's surgery, but I did find this article about a concert in Canada -- Billy wasn't involved, but the article contained this wonderful comment:

"Anyone looking for a Christmas gift for that boomer still on the retrorock road could consider a couple of DVD packages that have just been released.

John Fogerty's 26-song performance at London's Royal Albert Hall, titled Comin' Down the Road, is a superior piece of work on all fronts. Editing that doesn't go overboard with rapid-fire changes in camera positions, brilliant sound reproduction and a band that puts all the spit and polish in the right places combine for a joyous romp through the Creedence Clearwater Revival catalogue and gems from Fogerty's solo career.

The disc, which is distributed by Verve, also puts the spotlight on guitarist Billy Burnette, who is one of the unsung heroes of roots music of the last 20 years."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Celeb...985/story.html

Yeah Billy!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh no!

I'll definitely be keeping him in my thoughts.

Here's hoping his recovery is speedy!
Old 12-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I had no idea that Billy was having health issues. I hope everything goes well and I hope Billy knows that he is so appreciated by his fans!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Singer/Songwriter undergoes quintuple bypass surgery.
Billy Burnette, a former member of Fleetwood Mac, recently underwent quintuple bypass surgery. Shortly after returning from a tour playing guitar for John Fogerty, Billy felt short of breath and went to the hospital. Doctors quickly admitted him and performed open heart surgery. He is now recovering at Vanderbilt Hospital.

Billy has had songwriting cuts with Fleetwood Mac, Faith Hill, Josh Turner, Bette Midler, Rod Stewart, Ray Charles, Greg Allman, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Everly Brothers, Cher, Tammy Wynette, and most recently had the George Strait single entitled “River Of Love”.

http://www.countryweekly.com/billy_burnette/news/4375
Old 12-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Musician Billy Burnette Undergoes Bypass Surgery

Nashville, TN (December 18, 2009) - Legendary guitarist, artist, and hit songwriter Billy Burnette underwent a quintuple bypass surgery on Dec. 16. Burnette, a former member and guitarist for Fleetwood Mac, had just returned from tour as a guitarist for John Fogerty when he felt short of breath and went to the hospital. Doctors admitted Burnette right away and successfully performed open heart surgery. Billy is currently at Vanderbilt Hospital inNashville, Tenn. where he is recovering.

Burnette, born in Memphis Tennessee, is the heritage of classic American music. The son of rock-a-billy pioneer Dorsey Burnette, who with his brother Johnny, blazed the trail for the birth of rock and roll with the Rock N’ Roll Trio. Their music influenced everyone from Elvis Presley to the Beatles.

Burnette recorded his first record for Dot Records at the age of seven, and by the time he was eleven he was touring the world with Brenda Lee. He has made numerous records as a solo artist and as a band member. In 1985, Burnett was nominated best new country male vocalist. And in 1987, he joined Fleetwood Mac and spent nine years as part of one of the world’s biggest rock bands.

As a songwriter Burnette had cuts on Fleetwood Mac, Faith Hill, Josh Turner, Bette Midler, Rod Stewart, Ray Charles, Greg Allman, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Everly Brothers, Cher, Tammy Wynette, and most recently had the George Strait single entitled “River Of Love”.

http://askjimmycarter.blogspot.com/2...undergoes.html
Old 12-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah Viv I knew you'd find us something!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, how horrible.

OTOH, I think there's a family history there. However, with the advances in surgical technologies, his outlook is much better.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Wow, how horrible.

OTOH, I think there's a family history there. However, with the advances in surgical technologies, his outlook is much better.
Definitely, Dorsey died of a heart attack didn't he?
Old 12-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I was IN Nashville, while all this was happening....
I hope he has a speedy recovery!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! Quintuple bypass. Well, that shortness of breath just might have saved his life. Billy still looks so youthful that I'd almost started thinking of him as frozen in time and this is surprising news. Hope the surgery gives him a new lease on life.

Michele
Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, wow, my thoughts & prayers go out to him & his family. Do you think all in the Fmac are in the know? I hope so.....thanks for the info everyone!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I'm glad to hear everything went well with Billy's surgery. I wish there was information as to where fans could send him get well wishes.

Matt
Old 12-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Billy Burnette Undergoes Quintuple Bypass Surgery
Posted Dec 21st 2009 1:50PM by Alanna Conaway

Country-rockabilly singer-songwriter and guitarist Billy Burnette underwent quintuple-bypass surgery last week (Dec. 16). The musician checked into a Nashville hospital after experiencing shortness of breath and was admitted and operated on immediately.

The 56-year-old musician, born in Memphis to rockabilly pioneer Dorsey Burnette, is a former member of Fleetwood Mac. He had just returned from the road where he was playing guitar in John Fogerty's Blue Ridge Rangers band.

In addition to his stage and studio work, Billy has written songs for Faith Hill, Josh Turner, Tammy Wynette, Ray Charles, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, Everly Brothers, Cher, Bette Midler and Rod Stewart, among many others. His most recent country hit was George Strait's No. 1, 'River of Love.'

Billy is currently recovering at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

http://www.theboot.com/2009/12/21/bi...nette-surgery/
Old 12-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guitarist, artist, and hit songwriter Billy Burnette underwent a quintuple bypass surgery on Dec. 16 and is recovering at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville. Burnette is the one-time guitarist for Fleetwood Mac, and more recently toured with John Fogerty.

As a songwriter Burnette had cuts on Fleetwood Mac, Faith Hill, Josh Turner, Bette Midler, Rod Stewart, Ray Charles, Greg Allman, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Everly Brothers, Cher, Tammy Wynette, and most recently had the George Strait single “River Of Love.”

http://www.musicrow.com/2009/12/life...rgoes-surgery/