User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2022, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
New York Minute, Taking You Home, Everything is Different Now, That Old Flame, Last Worthless Evening.

Glenn had it really big with You Belong to the City on the Miami Vice soundtrack. Eagles did it in their live shows. They used to do a lot of solo stuff but now the solo stuff is Joe's songs.
That's the first thing I noticed when Vince Gill joined. ALL of Henley's solo songs were gone. At least at the two shows I saw(both nights in Nashville).
Old 06-09-2022, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Has Henley written a hit song without a co-writer?
I feel like it's either been Hornsby, Danny K, or Campbell
I think he usually had a co writer. I'd have to dig out the CDs to check, and they're packed away for moving.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's the first thing I noticed when Vince Gill joined. ALL of Henley's solo songs were gone. At least at the two shows I saw(both nights in Nashville).
I saw them a few months ago and Boys of Summer was back in the encore. The first time I saw them with Vince and Deacon, there was no non-Walsh solo stuff. My first time seeing them in 2003, Henley played 4 solo songs, Frey did 1 and Joe did his usual suspects.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IMO, ANY decent singer can sing Glenn's songs. His voice wasn't that unique. Don however, is irreplaceable. Can you imagine anyone else singing Witchy Woman? It just wouldn't work. When Don is done, it's the end of the Eagles.

And you're right, Henley's solo career was twice as successful as Glenn's.
The Heat Is On? Smuggler's Blues? CHEESEBALL CITY.

Sunset Grill? A.R.T.
The Heat is On is a guilty pleasure of mine! Eagles actually had it in the set a bit during the later stages of HFO. Somewhere on YT there’s a crap quality video of it.

But Don’s stuff is infinitely better.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Imagine if FM had done LBCM songs at the Irving Azoff Classic concerts in 2017?
Old 06-09-2022, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I saw them a few months ago and Boys of Summer was back in the encore. The first time I saw them with Vince and Deacon, there was no non-Walsh solo stuff. My first time seeing them in 2003, Henley played 4 solo songs, Frey did 1 and Joe did his usual suspects.
It's funny that that's the one they added back. Because man, does he have a hard time singing it! They dropped the key from F# to E, years ago, and it still kills him trying to sing it. Do you have any of the live shows on DVD? My favorite is Christchurch, NZ. It's pro shot, and I'm sure was probably going to be released. EXCEPT, there was TORRENTIAL RAIN during the entire show. The crowd is sitting miserably in ponchos, getting beaten to death by the rain. Anyway, Don has a rough night on a lot of the high stuff. Timothy was jumping in at the end of 'Boys', trying to help him get through the end of it. He was really struggling that night.

I joined an Eagles forum probably 10 years ago, and some woman sent me about a dozen DVDs. They're not all good. Some have some skipping places, and some are audience shot. But that Christchurch, it's the sh*t!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-10-2022 at 10:10 AM..
Old 06-12-2022, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand Stevie is not Jeremy Spencer, but Spencer plays on just one song on Then Play On (and sings none) while retaining full-fledged membership in the band.

Last edited by cbBen; 06-12-2022 at 10:03 AM..
Old 06-12-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I understand Stevie is not Jeremy Spencer, but Spencer plays on just one song on Then Play On (and sings none) while retaining full-fledged membership in the band.
Do you have a song by song performers list?

I'd love to see that... We know it's Mick and John for drums and Bass. (Unless Brunning is on that album somewhere).
Old 06-12-2022, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's funny that that's the one they added back. Because man, does he have a hard time singing it! They dropped the key from F# to E, years ago, and it still kills him trying to sing it. Do you have any of the live shows on DVD? My favorite is Christchurch, NZ. It's pro shot, and I'm sure was probably going to be released. EXCEPT, there was TORRENTIAL RAIN during the entire show. The crowd is sitting miserably in ponchos, getting beaten to death by the rain. Anyway, Don has a rough night on a lot of the high stuff. Timothy was jumping in at the end of 'Boys', trying to help him get through the end of it. He was really struggling that night.

I joined an Eagles forum probably 10 years ago, and some woman sent me about a dozen DVDs. They're not all good. Some have some skipping places, and some are audience shot. But that Christchurch, it's the sh*t!
I believe most of that Christchurch show used to be on YouTubebut is now down to just a few songs. Henley has likely struggled to get BOS right almost since the get go. It works in the lower key me thinks. He admitted on stage that he was sick the night I saw them a few months back. When he talked between songs his voice was horrible and he sounded half dead. While he def wasn’t hitting every note, Boys of Summer sounded great! I think the only song they omitted that night from other set lists around that time was Those Shoes.
Old 06-12-2022, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imagine if FM had done LBCM songs at the Irving Azoff Classic concerts in 2017?
Lindsey MAY have been a bit more…um…less annoyed? Lol. Those Classic shows really were such a turning point for Fleetwood Mac. There was little energy put in to doing anything interesting. The band hadn’t been on tour for what, almost two years? Do they try to manifest a new, interesting set? Nope - they just play whatever the set was at the end of 2015. I’d say, add two LBCM songs, and do Stand Back or whatever else she wanted. Mix it up. Do something special. Nah, instead just restart whatever engine you had two years ago.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Lindsey MAY have been a bit more…um…less annoyed? Lol. Those Classic shows really were such a turning point for Fleetwood Mac. There was little energy put in to doing anything interesting. The band hadn’t been on tour for what, almost two years? Do they try to manifest a new, interesting set? Nope - they just play whatever the set was at the end of 2015. I’d say, add two LBCM songs, and do Stand Back or whatever else she wanted. Mix it up. Do something special. Nah, instead just restart whatever engine you had two years ago.
$he would NEVER let them do a song from their album at a FM show. She was so jealous of that album, it still may bug her that they did it. $he needs a certain kind OF ATTENTION.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-12-2022 at 06:39 PM..
Old 06-13-2022, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
$he would NEVER let them do a song from their album at a FM show. She was so jealous of that album, it still may bug her that they did it. $he needs a certain kind OF ATTENTION.
Well of course not. Her stupidity over an album she had every opportunity to be a part of is simply one of the latest in ridiculous things about her. was living in the bizzaro world where this band as a whole tries to do things unique and interesting.
Old 06-20-2022, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'd love to see that... We know it's Mick and John for drums and Bass. (Unless Brunning is on that album somewhere).
Jeremy played piano on “Oh Well, pt. 2,” which wasn’t on the original TPO. The original idea was to have a six song all Jeremy EP included with the original album.

However, Jeremy never played on Peter’s stuff, anyway, hence Christine being their session piano player. Jeremy’s a great piano player and could easily have played on those songs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-21-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Jeremy played piano on “Oh Well, pt. 2,” which wasn’t on the original TPO. The original idea was to have a six song all Jeremy EP included with the original album.

However, Jeremy never played on Peter’s stuff, anyway, hence Christine being their session piano player. Jeremy’s a great piano player and could easily have played on those songs.
I do know she played on that album. And thanks for the information! Is Bob Brunning, on any of these early recordings or takes?
Old 06-30-2022, 06:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

The 2013 deluxe edition of Then Play On does not have a track by track performers list, although Mick Fleetwood is quoted in the liner notes saying "He [Spencer] popped in and attempted to play on a couple of things, but Peter was pushing the band forward, and Jeremy understood that".

So it appears that Spencer did contribute in the studio for the Then Play On sessions, but all of his parts with the exception of the piano on "Oh Well Part 2" were erased from the final mix.

With Nicks, she didn't even attend any of the LB/CM sessions.