Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Razzies~~~~~~~~~

Bless their hearts

'Catwoman' leads Razzie film 'dishonors'

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The fur is still flying over Halle Berry's action flop "Catwoman."

The Razzies, which mock the worst in film, gave "Catwoman" a leading seven nominations Monday, among them worst picture, worst actress for Berry and worst supporting players for Sharon Stone and Lambert Wilson. "Catwoman" also was nominated for worst screen couple for Berry with either Stone or co-star Benjamin Bratt.

"'Catwoman' is the cinematic equivalent of a clump in the cat-litter box," Razzies founder John Wilson said. "Kind of a sad little thing laying there stinking up the place."

The historical bomb "Alexander" was second with six Razzie nominations, including worst picture, worst actor (Colin Farrell), worst actress (Angelina Jolie) and worst director (Oliver Stone).

The other worst-picture contenders were the family action comedy "Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2," the holiday debacle "Surviving Christmas" and the cross-dressing comedy "White Chicks."

President Bush and some of his advisers received worst-acting nominations for their appearances in news and archival footage in Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11," which assails Bush for his actions surrounding the September 11 attacks.

Bush was nominated for worst actor, while Secretary of State-designate Condoleezza Rice got a nomination for worst supporting actress and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld for worst supporting actor.

Wilson said that while "Fahrenheit 9/11" was a piece of anti-Bush propaganda, the president and his associates earned their Razzie nominations on their own.

"It wasn't Mr. Moore's editing," Wilson said. "It's the raw footage of these people just making fools of themselves."

Just a few seconds of screen time in "Fahrenheit 9/11" brought a nomination as worst supporting actress for Britney Spears, who sits for a moment blank-faced and chewing gum in the film before saying she thinks people should support the president in all decisions he makes.

Along with Bush and Farrell, worst-actor nominees were Ben Affleck for "Jersey Girl" and "Surviving Christmas"; Vin Diesel for "The Chronicles of Riddick; and Ben Stiller for "Along Came Polly," "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy," "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story," "Envy" and "Starsky & Hutch."

Joining Berry and Jolie as worst-actress contenders were Hilary Duff for "A Cinderella Story" and "Raise Your Voice," and two pairs of siblings: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen for "New York Minute" and Shawn and Marlon Wayans, who play federal agents in drag in "White Chicks."

The Olsen twins and the Wayans brothers also had nominations as worst screen couples.

Arnold Schwarzenegger received a nomination for worst supporting actor for "Around the World in 80 Days," for which he did a cameo before becoming California's governor. Besides him, Rumsfeld and Wilson, the other supporting nominees were Val Kilmer for "Alexander" and Jon Voight for "Superbabies."

Besides Rice, Spears and Stone, Carmen Elektra of "Starsky & Hutch" and Jennifer Lopez of "Jersey Girl" also were nominated for worst supporting actress.

Selected by about 500 members of the Golden Raspberry Foundation, Razzie nominations were released a day before the Academy Awards nominations come out. Razzie winners will be announced February 26, a day before the Oscars.

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html
Old 01-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No Razzies list is worth anything without Julia Roberts. These people have obviously not seen Closer.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
No Razzies list is worth anything without Julia Roberts. These people have obviously not seen Closer.
Well, La Berry could eclipse her
Old 01-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, La Berry could eclipse her
I don't know about that.

I do think they made a major mistake by not honoring Berry's cleavage with a Best Supporting Actress nod, though.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Technically White Chicks is a bad movie, but there is some funny stuff in it! The dance off is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen.

Poor Ben Stiller isn't getting any love from these people!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:24 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I rarely agree with you Josh, but you're right there.
I hated Closer.

It was painful to watch. After that crap and Angels In America, I think Nichols desperately needs to reteam with Elaine May. I salivate at the thought.

Ben Stiller is okay when he has good scripts, but lately I can't stand him. He wasn't really the star of Meet the Parents, Babs and Hoffman were, so he didn't bother me much in that one. I did like Duplex, though.

Last edited by dissention; 01-24-2005 at 05:28 PM..
Old 01-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . Worst picture: Chronicles Of Riddick, hands down. Dull and boring . . . .
LORD CHILD - it was B A D bad not even Judy Dench could save it
Old 01-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I don't know about that.

I do think they made a major mistake by not honoring Berry's cleavage with a Best Supporting Actress nod, though.

I'm still gonna see it, I gotta see that outfit in action..

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LORD CHILD - it was B A D bad not even Judy Dench could save it
How did they get her to sign up for that drivel? That's what I want to know.

And did you hear that Audrey Tatou was cast as Sophie in The Da Vinci Code? Between her and Hanks, now I have no desire to see it. I thought Julie Delpy would have been perfect for that role.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I gotta see that outfit
Or lack thereof.

Berry's career is going down the ****ter so fast that I can't keep up!

Old 01-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How did they get her to sign up for that drivel? That's what I want to know.

And did you hear that Audrey Tatou was cast as Sophie in The Da Vinci Code? Between her and Hanks, now I have no desire to see it. I thought Julie Delpy would have been perfect for that role.
I think it will be okay. Then again, I think Hanks can do no harm

Also, be THANKFUL La Roberts did not push for it
Old 01-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it will be okay. Then again, I think Hanks can do no harm
He annoys the crap out of me for some reason. I end up just rolling my eyes for hours.

Tatou is a good actress, but not for that role at all. No matter how hard I try, I can't picture her. I was rooting for Delpy all the way, man.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, be THANKFUL La Roberts did not push for it
If I never see Teeth Roberts on the bigscreen again, I'll die happy.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:37 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just find it weird they'd nominate Stiller who was playing stupid rather well in my opinion, particularly in DodgeBall. Plus he's only in Anchorman for about two seconds Poor Ben. I reckon it has more to do with the fact he's been so ubiquitous this year.
You know what movie of his that I LOVE? Flirting With Disaster. That movie is hysterical.

Quote:
I enjoyed Catwoman. It was so ridiculous. The villain is essentially a face cream. I mean how patronising is that? A female superhero and she's basically fighting the evils of make-up. Pur-lease!

You know where they really missed the boat? Not nominating The Village for anything. Did you see it? What a putrid piece of rotting garbage!

Old 01-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I just find it weird they'd nominate Stiller who was playing stupid rather well in my opinion, particularly in DodgeBall. Plus he's only in Anchorman for about two seconds Poor Ben. I reckon it has more to do with the fact he's been so ubiquitous this year.

I enjoyed Catwoman. It was so ridiculous. The villain is essentially a face cream. I mean how patronising is that? A female superhero and she's basically fighting the evils of make-up. Pur-lease!
I thought he kicked ass in dodgeball and starsky!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -