The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suppose from now on I should just post in the FM topic boards. I'll come here some to post AC columns, because I still think there should be opposing views here. But I don't want everyone to f**king hate me for being different.

So, sorry for being such an "idiot"
Old 01-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Well if every thing that I post is called idiotic or untrue...then we will never gain any ground. Because you are so quick to judge and anything that I post is not fact but opinion...in that case everything can be opinion then.
If you really believe you're innocent of baiting people to get them riled up that is scary. I guess you're enjoying the attention that you've gotten here. It surprises me that you do not see what is so annoying about your posts. You can say whaver the hell you want to. But obviously if you start posting right wing nut job crap on a largely liberal board you are going to hear about it. The folks on here who are liberal are well-informed. Your attempts at "showing us the other side" are futile at best. We know the other side quite well, and denounce it. That's all there is to it. So if you are trying to "gain ground" you should realize you're really just walking a treadmill, you'll never get anywhere here. This is why folks thought you may stop posting your drivel, which you have not, so people continue to post rebuttals to your nonsense. Personally, I'm done with dealing with you on a political level.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You guys are very uptight.
The pot calling the kettle black.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why am I acting like an idiot?

because I am conservative? Why is that idiotic...im trying to understand.
Oh for god's sake.....It's not that you are a conservative! It's that you are posting these things solely to get the liberals going.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
You can't be taken seriously later on if you start off on the wrong foot as a hateful bigot. If you want to change your plan of attack and become more diplomatic, people won't even believe you. Not that I foresee that, anyway. Pretty much no one on this board is "quick to judge." We gave you the chance we give every other poster, but your hateful rhetoric started up right off the bat.
how so?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I'm an idiot when it comes to many, many things, but not when it comes to politics. I have no problem with the fact that you're a conservative, if that's you, then fine. Let's discuss the issue using facts. We do it with Nancy when she participates and everything is hunky dory. But don't post lies, unsubstantiated garbage, partial quotes, distorted quotes, quotes you don't seem to comprehend when discussing them, or your opinions if you have nothing to base those opinions on. It gets people angry and it makes you look like a fool.
So can we expect you (or anyone else) to address the content of the Ann Coulter piece now? I'd like to hear some liberal perspectives on the Dan Rather incident.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I don't want everyone to f**king hate me for being different.
Quote:
Nope, different is inherently a great thing. I f*cking hate you because you are hateful, not because you're conservative. You don't see that, so there's no use in continuing to point it out, I suppose.
Okay, that is admittedly too much. I take that back. I don't hate you because I don't even know you. But I can't stand it when people say heterosexuality is in any way superior to homosexuality, and I can't stand it when people say I can't get married. And I am completely justified.

Last edited by GateandGarden; 01-18-2005 at 02:58 PM..
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I suppose from now on I should just post in the FM topic boards. I'll come here some to post AC columns, because I still think there should be opposing views here. But I don't want everyone to f**king hate me for being different.

I don't hate you. I'd just like to see a different approach when you participate. That includes backing your stances up with facts. Don't spew right-wing talking points that have been debunked endlessly and expect people to warm up to you. Posting op-eds from that hateful wench Ann Coulter certianly isn't going to win you any friends. Even the rare conservatives around here see her for what she is.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
Oh for god's sake.....It's not that you are a conservative! It's that you are posting these things solely to get the liberals going.
Thats NOT what I intended to do believe it or not...I just would possibley like good conversation to begin over columns and articles that I like...but that doesen't seem to be happening.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
how so?
How so what? How would you be more diplomatic? I don't know. Are you asking how you've been a hateful bigot? I can't believe you would ask that. Read almost everything you said about gay people and liberals in that other thread.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We don't hate you. You just need to back up what you say. Political/Religious threads get very heated, but it doesn't mean we don't like you. There are a few conservatives around here who we enjoy chatting with....because they know their s**t.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I don't hate you. I'd just like to see a different approach when you participate. That includes backing your stances up with facts. Don't spew right-wing talking points that have been debunked endlessly and expect people to warm up to you. Posting op-eds from that hateful wench Ann Coulter certianly isn't going to win you any friends. Even the rare conservatives around here see her for what she is.
Well Im sorry if me liking Ann Coulter makes me "hateful" and strange. But I can't help whom I tend to agree with most, and enjoy reading their columns.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thats NOT what I intended to do believe it or not...I just would possibley like good conversation to begin over columns and articles that I like...but that doesen't seem to be happening.
You must've know that Dissention would be all on your ass though, right?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
We don't hate you. You just need to back up what you say. Political/Religious threads get very heated, but it doesn't mean we don't like you. There are a few conservatives around here who we enjoy chatting with....because they know their s**t.
Im just not a good defender on "the net" im much better in person...because it doesn't require TYPING... I admitt again that I AM an amateur, but just because of that dosen't mean that I don't know what I believe and why I beileve it.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How so what? How would you be more diplomatic? I don't know. Are you asking how you've been a hateful bigot? I can't believe you would ask that. Read almost everything you said about gay people and liberals in that other thread.
I said again and again that I didn't HATE gay people...as a matter of fact I LOVE gay people just as much as I do STRAIGHT people...because I try hard to love and appreciate all human beings. But that doesn't mean that I have to support gay marriage.