Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2022, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I was not trying to troll you, I was just elaborating on the point I thought jcalzaretta was making.

I’m also not trolling you when I say that FM did perform Hold Me during their Mirage tour in 1982.
Yes I am aware of that, I meant to say since 1982 it was not performed (until those dates). I will go back and edit.

I get the points that you and the others are making but none of them count for end of year rankings 1977 vs 1982. People always will say it was the Mac's only #1 and biggest hit. Not so fast. That's only partially right. Its also like when people say Stevie had all the biggest hits with the band because of her Dreams, and Rhiannon, and Sara. Then people have to be reminded that its actually Chris who had the most hits with the band and even though Say You Love Me and Rhiannon were at #11, Say You Love me ended 1976 a much bigger hit than Rhiannon. It ended 1976 over 20 spots higher in the top 100 hits of 1976.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-03-2022 at 02:11 PM..
Old 01-04-2022, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One last interesting tid bit. All the Mirage singles were bigger hits than their chart positions. Hold Me stayed at #4 for 7 weeks. Gypsy stayed at #12 for 3 weeks. Love In Store stayed at #22 for 3 weeks.
Its common for a song to stall at a chart position for a week before falling. 2 weeks is less common. 3 or more weeks is fairly rare. These stalling weeks prolonged their stay on the charts.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-04-2022 at 07:08 AM..
Old 01-04-2022, 08:30 AM

I'm sure you remember Macfan. They played the literal crap out of Hold Me and Got A Hold On Me. MTV was poppin'. I still hear the song on Sirius a lot. Also, randomly in dept. stores and markets.

She played it on her 1984 tour.

Tours
1982, 1984(solo), 2017, (BuckVie) 2018 (Fakewood)

Got great crowd response as it's very well known.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm sure you remember Macfan. They played the literal crap out of Hold Me and Got A Hold On Me. MTV was poppin'. I still hear the song on Sirius a lot. Also, randomly in dept. stores and markets.

She played it on her 1984 tour.

Tours

I lived in the sticks (not really but apparently) because we did not get MTV until late 1986
Old 01-04-2022, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tours

LOL my ticket said Fleetwood Mac for the 2019 tour.

Imagine a band with Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, and Stevie Nicks being called Fakewood Mac. Wonder what you call the touring lineup of Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Bekka Bramlett, Billy Burnette, and Dave Mason? Now there’s the REAL Fleetwood Mac right there LOL
Old 01-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL my ticket said Fleetwood Mac for the 2019 tour.

Imagine a band with Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, and Stevie Nicks being called Fakewood Mac. Wonder what you call the touring lineup of Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Bekka Bramlett, Billy Burnette, and Dave Mason? Now there’s the REAL Fleetwood Mac right there LOL
I think you just dislike anything that doesn't honor your queen, $tevie.

It is Fakewood Mac. Old I'm Not The Boss got their creative genius FIRED, then replaced him with people who had zero business being in the band.

Fakewood Mac.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

It is Fakewood Mac. Old I'm Not The Boss got their creative genius FIRED, then replaced him with people who had zero business being in the band.

Fakewood Mac.
LOL nah, only Lindsey Loons (the equivalent of Stevie fans that are called Chiffonheads) call them Fakewood Mac. Fleetwood Mac is Fleetwood Mac whether Lindsey quits right before a tour or is fired right before a tour. They’re Fleetwood Mac whether Stevie quits the band or Christine quits the band.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL nah, only Lindsey Loons (the equivalent of Stevie fans that are called Chiffonheads) call them Fakewood Mac. Fleetwood Mac is Fleetwood Mac whether Lindsey quits right before a tour or is fired right before a tour. They’re Fleetwood Mac whether Stevie quits the band or Christine quits the band.
I accepted the Time Fleetwood Mac. The old goat getting key members fired changed everything.

Old I'm Not The Boss RUINED the ending of the band of my life. F*ck her.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 01-04-2022 at 08:16 PM..
Old 01-04-2022, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I take full credit for first using the term "Lindsey Loons" here. I was really onto something.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Fakewood Mac.
I think bwboy wanted the firing of Lindsey and probably dislikes Lindsey so I understand where he's coming from.

I think it says a lot that the current FM lineup didn't rerecord FM classics for a cd like Blondie, KISS, and Journey did with their current lineups.

Will Mick do another book in a few years where he says 2018 was not right like he said about the Time lineup in his 2014 book? What would he say about the 2018 tour? "We had a blast doing some pre Stevie FM songs for some shows and some cover songs"

What did Neil and Mike do after the tour, they went to record. Stevie's the one who says right after a tour she takes a week or 2 off then gets to work while everyone else in FM goes to Hawaii or another vacation.

Where was the excitement from this lineup to go and record? Lockdown wasn't until mid/late March of 2020.

Was it because Greg Kurstin wasn't available? Poor Dave Stewart got demoted to just playing a small accoutrement on Show Them the Way.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I take full credit for first using the term "Lindsey Loons" here. I was really onto something.
Go back to your Lindsey dart board.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think bwboy wanted the firing of Lindsey and probably dislikes Lindsey so I understand where he's coming from.

I think it says a lot that the current FM lineup didn't rerecord FM classics for a cd like Blondie, KISS, and Journey did with their current lineups.
I’m one of the few people here who saw Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey live in 2019. I’m a big Lindsey fan. I even bought most of his albums when they came out. I was freaked out when he quit the band right before their tour in 1987 because that would have been the first time I could have seen them live, but Billy and Rick did a fantastic job and kept the band going. But after Time came out, as much as I wanted to love the new line up, I just couldn’t. But I didn’t whine and moan about “my band” being ruined and that they should have retired and that it was Fakewood Mac without my favorite member, etc. And then the inauguration and the Dance came, and I saw Lindsey with FM several times after that. No, I didn’t want Lindsey to be fired at all, but as long as 2 of the 3 songwriters are present, I’m going to remain a fan of the group.

I also think it would have been smart if Fleetwood Mac had rerecorded several of the songs they were going to sing live, such as Oh Well, Storms, Black Magic Woman, Isn’t It Midnight, Hypnotized, and Man of the World and released it before the tour, but once Mike and Neil joined, there wasn’t enough time and besides, no one probably thought about it, they were so focused on the tour.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
LOL it is pretty darn catchy! I was torn between Lindsey Loons and Lindsey Loonies, but both are accurate.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Go back to your Lindsey dart board.
Now that’s a good way to settle this debate once and for all- a good old fashioned game of darts! Mitzo can use their Lindsey dartboard, and you can use your Stevie dartboard!
Old 01-04-2022, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m one of the few people here who saw Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey live in 2019. I’m a big Lindsey fan. I even bought most of his albums when they came out. I was freaked out when he quit the band right before their tour in 1987 because that would have been the first time I could have seen them live, but Billy and Rick did a fantastic job and kept the band going. But after Time came out, as much as I wanted to love the new line up, I just couldn’t. But I didn’t whine and moan about “my band” being ruined and that they should have retired and that it was Fakewood Mac without my favorite member, etc. And then the inauguration and the Dance came, and I saw Lindsey with FM several times after that. No, I didn’t want Lindsey to be fired at all, but as long as 2 of the 3 songwriters are present, I’m going to remain a fan of the group.
I hear you and I respect this all. For me, it's how it happened and when it happened. As you know, Time lineup didn't happen because of a firing.
I'm a Stevie fan most of all so if this Neil/Mike lineup made new music and played a new song during the tour like the Time lineup did, I'd give my blessing but they didn't. If Stevie just wanted to do "hit" tours for the rest of FM's life, she should've asked for Lindsey to be fired in 2014. We had all that hope for art to come out of Chris' return.

Quote:
I also think it would have been smart if Fleetwood Mac had rerecorded several of the songs they were going to sing live, such as Oh Well, Storms, Black Magic Woman, Isn’t It Midnight, Hypnotized, and Man of the World and released it before the tour, but once Mike and Neil joined, there wasn’t enough time and besides, no one probably thought about it, they were so focused on the tour.
Respectfully bwboy, that's not a good reason and I don't believe that's true. Mike and Neil started rehearsing with the band in March of 2018. The tour started in Oct. 2018. It was possible to rerecord old songs including Second Hand News, Sara, and Oh Diane as well as even 2 new songs. Stevie probably didn't want to do it because it wouldn't "sell."