User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2023, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Christine and Steve Winwood were pretty close, weren't they? I'm not insinuating that they were a couple but they seemed to have a great respect for one another. Winwood did work on Christine's 1984 album too.
They knew each other for such a long time. He carried her books on the way home from school, yes?

Quote:
Besides whatever personal interactions Christine had with Dave, she probably heard tales from Winwood about him which only furthered her dislike of him.
It wouldn’t surprise me.

Quote:
I've never felt that Dave was a good fit for Fleetwood Mac. It always felt like a square peg going into a round hole.
Yeah, he was absolutely not a fit at all. That screwiness was most pronounced in concert. Saw him twice with Mac in Central California at a resort (94 and 95), and he acted like a backup guy with his mind on the day’s shopping or something.

Although I do have to hand it to Dave and Capaldi because they managed to mildly entertain 34,000 people waiting to see Fleetwood Mac at the LA Forum two nights running with just their acoustic guitars when they were pulled in last minute to open. (They weren’t even billed in the paper.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2023, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, I very briefly talked to the man, the myth, the legend himself, but it was at the end of the night, after some 63 year old woman (age approximated, but I stand by it) tried to get him to come back to her place (mind you, he even said during the show that his wife was selling her yoga book at the merch table).

He said “Hey lady! I’m 77!”

Really, points enough. I just said a few things, said thanks, and went on my way. Lesson learned, don’t give up your space in line to a ho.

Biggest takeaway: Dave doesn’t look at the crowd. I was in the second row, right in front of him, and all he did was stare down. Kind of unnerving.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
They knew each other for such a long time. He carried her books on the way home from school, yes?
Nah, that's one of Stevie's embellishments. I think she just knew him casually as a fellow musician from Birmingham . I remember reading that Chris said when they were working on the song for her solo album, that she and winwood had to go get drunk at a pub to sort of break the ice between them , because they really didn't know anything about each other.

-Lis