User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2022, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree that Christine and Stevie sound bad. Lindsey sounds better, but nothing like he used to.

But here’s the thing- when I saw FM in 2018 or whenever it was, and Isn’t It Midnight came on, I didn’t give a f*** that Christine’s voice was shot! It was awesome hearing one of my favorite songs live. So yeah, their voices are shot and you know what? I don’t care and I would see them again anyway, knowing this would have to be the last time I’d have the chance.
It makes me sad to see them like this. Knockin' on death's door, with no voices left. I'll pass.

I don't even want another BuckVie tour. I'd love an album, but it's rocking chair time for everyone but Lindsey.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Plus, she (friend) said the set list was the same ole' same ole... And to make it worse, she added Crying the show after.
This Tour is Stevie's worst setlist. At least when she was touring after TISL w.o. a new album, she was singing great songs like Sorcerer, Beauty and the Beast, How Still My Love, Fall From Grace, Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You, and not singing a diluted version of Moonlight, two minutes of Wild Heart and the boring Lindsey produced Soldier's Angel.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree that Christine and Stevie sound bad. Lindsey sounds better, but nothing like he used to.

But here’s the thing- when I saw FM in 2018 or whenever it was, and Isn’t It Midnight came on, I didn’t give a f*** that Christine’s voice was shot! It was awesome hearing one of my favorite songs live. So yeah, their voices are shot and you know what? I don’t care and I would see them again anyway, knowing this would have to be the last time I’d have the chance.
Granny Christine > No Christine

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-26-2022, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Granny Christine > No Christine
I agree. HOWEVER, am I the only one that it makes REALLY SAD, to see them up there, when our grandparents were in nursing homes at their ages? Looking all tired, with no voices left. THAT, is the definition of sad, to me.

I have no idea why anyone would still want to do it after 70, unless you can't afford not to(yeah, I'm talking to you, Mick).
Old 08-26-2022, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. HOWEVER, am I the only one that it makes REALLY SAD? I have no idea why anyone would still want to do it after 70, unless you can't afford not to(yeah, I'm talking to you, Mick).
You might be the only one here who feels sad, but that’s ok! Your feelings are valid

Why do it? Because it feels great to be applauded by folks who are happy to see you? Because people can live productive lives after they turn 70? Because they enjoy singing? Because for two+ hours they (and the fans) can forget about the crap going on in the world?

I’m sure you’re right about Jon Bon Jovi”s voice, but if I were a big fan, and I had an attachment to his songs- for example, instead of Landslide striking a chord in my heart, it was Living on a Prayer LOL then yes, I would want to see him live. Especially if it seemed like it could be the last chance to see him live.

I haven’t met anyone here in person or communicated with anyone outside of this board, with the exception of Hawkeye, who sadly doesn’t post here anymore. We were going to see Lindsey live in 2019 but unfortunately he wasn’t able to make it due to the weather (but he generously gave me his ticket which was in the 2nd row and I had the best time, as my ticket was in literally the very back- thank you so much Hawkeye, if you happen to see this)! However, I think it would be fun to see FM with some of you folks, especially since this truly would be the last opportunity we had. Unfortunately, I agree if they did tour, it would be a very limited tour, and I’m not really interested in driving more than 4 hours to see them. Homer, your commentary during the show would be worth the price of admission alone!
Old 08-26-2022, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
You might be the only one here who feels sad, but that’s ok! Your feelings are valid

Why do it? Because it feels great to be applauded by folks who are happy to see you? Because people can live productive lives after they turn 70? Because they enjoy singing? Because for two+ hours they (and the fans) can forget about the crap going on in the world?

I’m sure you’re right about Jon Bon Jovi”s voice, but if I were a big fan, and I had an attachment to his songs- for example, instead of Landslide striking a chord in my heart, it was Living on a Prayer LOL then yes, I would want to see him live. Especially if it seemed like it could be the last chance to see him live.

I haven’t met anyone here in person or communicated with anyone outside of this board, with the exception of Hawkeye, who sadly doesn’t post here anymore. We were going to see Lindsey live in 2019 but unfortunately he wasn’t able to make it due to the weather (but he generously gave me his ticket which was in the 2nd row and I had the best time, as my ticket was in literally the very back- thank you so much Hawkeye, if you happen to see this)! However, I think it would be fun to see FM with some of you folks, especially since this truly would be the last opportunity we had. Unfortunately, I agree if they did tour, it would be a very limited tour, and I’m not really interested in driving more than 4 hours to see them. Homer, your commentary during the show would be worth the price of admission alone!
His commentary during the show may be ok but how the hell could you hear it with him shaking that tambourine constantly.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. HOWEVER, am I the only one that it makes REALLY SAD, to see them up there, when our grandparents were in nursing homes at their ages? Looking all tired, with no voices left. THAT, is the definition of sad, to me.
My mom was just over a week shy of a year older than Christine. She’d had a massive stroke and a few TIAs by 2014, the last time she saw Fleetwood Mac. The $h!t-eating grin on her face when she saw Christine up there rocking out made me feel just the opposite. It’s a small moment of victory that they’re still alive and better than most their age.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-26-2022, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My mom was just over a week shy of a year older than Christine. She’d had a massive stroke and a few TIAs by 2014, the last time she saw Fleetwood Mac. The $h!t-eating grin on her face when she saw Christine up there rocking out made me feel just the opposite. It’s a small moment of victory that they’re still alive and better than most their age.
I've always been afraid of death. It makes me really sad to watch them, especially Christine, looking so old and fragile up there, knowing what's coming for them. And wondering if they're wondering about that, too.

I'd be much more at peace, knowing that they're living on a lake, doing next to nothing, other than hanging with friends every evening. That sounds peaceful. Trying to croak your songs at 80, in front of 20K people, sounds like you're rushing the process of exit.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
His commentary during the show may be ok but how the hell could you hear it with him shaking that tambourine constantly.
Why ya gotta have it out for me? ALL THE TIME? Are you in love with me?
Old 08-26-2022, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Of course they can be productive, but when your gift is seriously fading...there's a gracious time as a performer, to leave the stage. I just don't want it to become more sad than it already is. At BuckVie, realizing that Christine(nor Brett) was playing the karaoke keyboard parts, made me realize that the end IS here. It's time for watching the sun set with your friends. I hope they live 25 more years, enjoying their golden years.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris, Stevie and Mick all had at least one parent live life with health older than they all are now. Some of them have some good genes for long life.
Its still frustrating to think Mirage (1982) was the last great album of these 5 together. I wish they would have got back together and made a studio album before the Dance tour. That was a missed opportunity and marked the beginning of just touring for nostalgia.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-27-2022 at 04:18 AM..
Old 08-27-2022, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why ya gotta have it out for me? ALL THE TIME? Are you in love with me?
You chiffon heads are so sensitive.
Old 08-27-2022, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You chiffon heads are so sensitive.
You should see my $tevie $hrine. I lost one of my darts, though. So I need to get a new set.
Old 08-27-2022, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris, Stevie and Mick all had at least one parent live life with health older than they all are now. Some of them have some good genes for long life.
Its still frustrating to think Mirage (1982) was the last great album of these 5 together. I wish they would have got back together and made a studio album before the Dance tour. That was a missed opportunity and marked the beginning of just touring for nostalgia.
Whose parent lived the longest? Mick's? She was in her 90s.

Was The Dance really the beginning of nostalgia? They played four new songs (though two of those songs used recycled lyrics).

Then you had SYW in 2003. After SYW is when Stevie didn't want to any recording with Lindsey.
Old 08-27-2022, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The question there though is, is there really dirty laundry that hasn't been put outside already?

What would sink Lindsey is if she said he was a beater in her most recent years working with him.
I think all she has on him is he probably told her her writing sucks, which everybody can see in Destiny Rules.
oh yeah. plenty.

way more than about her songwriting.