User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2022, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yesterday afternoon, Billy was posting pics of Stevie, as he always does, and I asked him if he even knew that Christine had passed away. I guess he didn't. A couple hours later he posted about Christine.
That’s so bad. Guess it must be hard to be the one to have to break the news like that to somebody. He’ll be pretty heartbroken.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-02-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Yesterday afternoon, Billy was posting pics of Stevie, as he always does, and I asked him if he even knew that Christine had passed away. I guess he didn't. A couple hours later he posted about Christine.
I think he took them down. I don't see them on his feed anymore.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think he took them down. I don't see them on his feed anymore.
Poor Billy, he has to learn about everything from the internet. I'd give anything if I'd screenshot his rant when he found out $tevie wanted Mike and Neil, instead of him and Rick. He took it down before I thought of it.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Poor Billy, he has to learn about everything from the internet. I'd give anything if I'd screenshot his rant when he found out $tevie wanted Mike and Neil, instead of him and Rick. He took it down before I thought of it.
Yes that is sad. But if you remember it was Billy's tweet that we discovered of Lindsey's firing. We were all in shock and thought Billy had been drinking too much when he announced Fleetwood Mac was auditioning new guitarists. It was not until days later until we found out what he wrote was true.
Its my belief he was probably on the shortlist. It would make sense to bring Rick and Billy back. However Stevie already promised the position to Mike. So I believe they did not want to screw one of them over deciding Rick or Billy? I have no proof but that is my gut. With the lead guitarist hired already, they needed a singer and guitar player. They mystery guy did not work out and then Mick threw out Neil since he worked with them.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-02-2022 at 03:56 PM..
Old 12-02-2022, 04:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think we all kind of had a feeling that FM would end like this — losing one of them with the band broken up over the personality issues that perhaps drove them to their biggest success also. There’s something very tragic about that big picture.

For me, losing Chris just makes it even sadder because she wasn’t really involved in the drama, except as a mediating force. At the end of the day, while I was sort of puzzled by her continuing with the Mac post LB being booted, I also understand and am grateful that she had the chance to have one last big tour with the band. I would say that I regret for her that her career was subject to the crazy of her band mates, but that’s the rocket they all rode to major success and perhaps was their fate.

It’s a lot of jumbled thoughts still. But I am truly grateful that so many people have paid such lovely tributes to her. They are all so well deserved.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes that is sad. But if you remember it was Billy's tweet that we discovered of Lindsey's firing.
A lot of us knew that Lindsey was out for a while. We knew about Mike. That they were getting a second guitarist/vocalist and who that was wasn’t known, though.

Quote:
We were all in shock and thought Billy had been drinking too much when he announced Fleetwood Mac was auditioning new guitarists. It was not until days later until we found out what he wrote was true.
Its my belief he was probably on the shortlist. It would make sense to bring Rick and Billy back. However Stevie already promised the position to Mike. So I believe they did not want to screw one of them over deciding Rick or Billy? I have no proof but that is my gut. With the lead guitarist hired already, they needed a singer and guitar player. They mystery guy did not work out and then Mick threw out Neil since he worked with them.
Completely disagree. Billy and Rick were never under consideration. Irving rebuilt the Eagles with Vince Gill to amazing success. Fleetwood Mac was getting a well known commodity.

Also, I can’t prove it, but Mick and Neil reconnected immediately after the last tour date with Lindsey. It wouldn’t surprise me if parting with Lindsey wasn’t at least in the back of his mind back then. Timing is too perfect.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-02-2022, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
A lot of us knew that Lindsey was out for a while. We knew about Mike. That they were getting a second guitarist/vocalist and who that was wasn’t known, though.

Completely disagree. Billy and Rick were never under consideration. Irving rebuilt the Eagles with Vince Gill to amazing success. Fleetwood Mac was getting a well known commodity.

Also, I can’t prove it, but Mick and Neil reconnected immediately after the last tour date with Lindsey. It wouldn’t surprise me if parting with Lindsey wasn’t at least in the back of his mind back then. Timing is too perfect.
Steve
I am not going to argue this with you. Please.
I remember the member here who posted Billy's tweet the night that it happened. I dont remember anyone including you chiming in as "in the know" that Lindsey was fired and what was happening. In addition you missed the part of "Its my belief" part.
In respect for Christine, please.
Let it go
Old 12-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Steve
I am not going to argue this with you. Please.
I remember the member here who posted Billy's tweet the night that it happened. I dont remember anyone including you chiming in as "in the know" that Lindsey was fired and what was happening. In addition you missed the part of "Its my belief" part.
In respect for Christine, please.
Let it go
Steve is right regarding knowing few months earlier. some of us heard it a week after it happened - Feb 8th, 2018. someone heard it through the grapevine and shared with me. we couldn't believe it though, and were waiting whether it's really happening or not. meanwhile here on TL people were speculating whether Mac is recording and it was so sad to read that knowing what was actually happening. Billy's tweet was the first public confirmation.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-02-2022, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
At the end of the day, while I was sort of puzzled by her continuing with the Mac post LB being booted, I also understand and am grateful that she had the chance to have one last big tour with the band. I would say that I regret for her that her career was subject to the crazy of her band mates, but that’s the rocket they all rode to major success and perhaps was their fate.

It’s a lot of jumbled thoughts still. But I am truly grateful that so many people have paid such lovely tributes to her. They are all so well deserved.
she also knew how pissed people were at her for touring and not standing with Lindsey. but i agree with you, she seemed like a person who understood she's on borrowed time once she rejoined. and for all people that only saw her on that fakewood tour, i'm happy they had the chance.

i got to see her live 18 times - 7 on On With the Show tour, and 11 on BuckVie tour. i'm incredibly grateful. she completely won me over when i first saw her live. and i really enjoyed experiencing her friendship and musical connection with Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-02-2022, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also used to think Billy was the mysterious and unnamed second person who had auditioned for the band, but I don’t think that anymore. Billy was understandably bitter, I think more so since he wasn’t asked to rejoin the band. I definitely don’t believe Rick was asked to rejoin, either, or even audition. When Rick quit, he was done with them professionally, especially when he wasn’t included with them in the RRHOF. From his social media, I get the impression he’s still friendly with Mick and Stevie, but had no desire to rejoin the band.

You know the saying- fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post RIP Christine

I'm a little late getting on here because it's been a while since I've posted & I couldn't find my password.

Real sorry about Christine's passing. She's was one of a kind, her music will always be remembered. I'll always remember just waiting to see her back in the lineup for the show in Philly. Once I saw the five together, that was it for me. I didn't need to go to another FM show. She's was the missing link. I'm glad she came back, & I'm glad I got to see her.

RIP Christine.

Lee
Old 12-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Little Lies is THE reason I became a Fleetwood Mac fan. That song was the impetus for me to buy the Greatest Hits album in August of 2000 and it was on from there.

Fleetwood Mac and the band's music has been one of the biggest parts of my life since then. You take Fleetwood Mac out of my life, you're completely altering it to the point where I'm a completely different person.

Through all the disappointment and frustration that has come being a fan, there is nothing that overrides the music and how much it means to me. It's all thanks to Christine. I will forever be grateful for all the doors and windows that have been opened to me that otherwise wouldn't have thanks to her.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi my people,

Haven't written on here in ages. I was basically a teenager when I first came on The Ledge and now I'm 30.
I cried the other night, I'm crying now reading some of your tributes, but I'm so happy this community still exists after so long and all of the drama. I'm reading posts by familiar people and I was thinking more people would have left after the debacle from a few years ago...
Thank you for making this community live !
Love to Christine. I didn't expect anything regarding Fleetwood Mac would touch me this much anymore, I've grown quite detached, but I forgot how much Christine in particular meant to me, and what a light she is.