User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, they’re pretty cringe — entertaining but cringe. Not because of what he’s saying but the fact that he is dwelling on that business at all. He is on tour and a new album is about to get released. He should redirect entirely to those things. The best way to convey his disdain for Stevie or the Mac is to reply to every question about them with supreme detachment. “Stevie? I suppose all is well with her, but you’d need to ask Karen.” “Mick? Oh, he’s enjoying himself, I hear.” “The 2018 tour? I hear it was hugely profitable. Best of luck to the band!”
Agree. The comments saying everyone but Stevie have moved on are hilarious.

I think John is the only one who has moved on.

Lindsey has been bitter since the 1970s that Stevie got more attention, whether the bitterness is deserved or not. He is just as vindictive as she is. He is not an innocent victim.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 09-10-2021 at 01:24 PM..
Old 09-10-2021, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Lindsey fans are equally in a cult. You are proving my point. Everything you say about Stevie fans like can be applied to yourself.
I'm not in a Lindsey cult. First and foremost, I'm a FLEETWOOD MAC fan.

I'd rather see FM than ANY of them solo.

That said, Lindsey got F*CKED. And we know WHO did the F*CKING.
---------
Now show us some pics of your $tevie $hrine!
Old 09-10-2021, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Why are you attacking my intellect? I've been respectful to you.

You're not providing concrete proof of toxicity from recent years, only conjecture.

In Destiny Rules she's the one who made a big stink about getting Chris Lord-Alge and then wound up deciding to use him for only 1 song. Regardless, that was 19 years ago.

Where are the interviews from 2014-now about his wrongdoings? She said she and he both know what daggers to throw at each other to RS in 2015. And complained that he banged on the wall to have some tranquility in his dressing room. Does that make him toxic?

Also, is Stevie's word Bible?

You don't seem like a person who believes in dialogue.

You equally don't seem like a person who believes in dialogue. You are proving my point. You have decided Stevie is in the blame, that Lindsey is not toxic, and nothing will convince you otherwise.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm not in a Lindsey cult. First and foremost, I'm a FLEETWOOD MAC fan.

I'd rather see FM than ANY of them solo.

That said, Lindsey got F*CKED. And we know WHO did the F*CKING.
---------

Now show us some pics of your $tevie $hrine!
And he was not an innocent victim, which is one of my points.

His own actions led to his firing, even if he did not think they should. Tough.

I agree that you are not in the Lindsey cult, because you do criticize him.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You equally don't seem like a person who believes in dialogue. You are proving my point. You have decided Stevie is in the blame, that Lindsey is not toxic, and nothing will convince you otherwise.
Not at all. I'm open to believing he's toxic. You're just shutting the dialogue down by attacking me and not offering any examples of toxicity.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not at all. I'm open to believing he's toxic. You're just shutting the dialogue down by attacking me and not offering any examples of toxicity.
LOL. Seriously? First, I am not "attacking" you. Second, I have offered examples that you have refused to accept because you don't believe they are examples of being toxic, even though I do believe they are examples.

It's pointless to continue this. You are not open to believing it because you do not want to believe it.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL. Seriously? First, I am not "attacking" you. Second, I have offered examples that you have refused to accept because you don't believe they are examples of being toxic, even though I do believe they are examples.

It's pointless to continue this. You are not open to believing it because you do not want to believe it.
Your posts:
It's chronicled in a number of books/articles/interviews.
Way back when they started John reportedly could not stand Lindsey's attitude in the studio
His antics during Tusk
The Say You Will documentary is a good example and subsequent interviews she gave after it

You haven't provided any article sources or links.

I watched Destiny Rules. But you don't provide any recent examples of toxicity.
They did long tours after these examples you provided with Lindsey. Christine did an album and a tour with him. Why wasn't he fired from 2004-17?
I believe Stevie said in her statement that she championed independence. Why would she hold hands in TV interview with a sleazebag or go on tour with him?

You want to be mean to make your case, that's your choice. I'm open to hearing the case. Bless you!
Old 09-10-2021, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So many belly laughs reading this thread.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Thank God you're here!!!
Old 09-10-2021, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You want to be mean to make your case, that's your choice. I'm open to hearing the case. Bless you!
And bless you, dear.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Speaking of $tevie $hrines.....
Old 09-10-2021, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In corporate America, yes, you can get fired or laid off for no reason due to a restructuring, merger, etc., etc.

This is not corporate America. This is a band. There was a reason for him being fired, even if he himself doesn't agree with the reason, and even if his fans don't like it.
yes because rock bands are soooooo much more logical and reasonable than corporations! ROFLMAO
Old 09-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes because rock bands are soooooo much more logical and reasonable than corporations! ROFLMAO
I did not say that they were.

But it's delusional to think Lindsey got fired for no reason.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, they’re pretty cringe — entertaining but cringe. Not because of what he’s saying but the fact that he is dwelling on that business at all. He is on tour and a new album is about to get released. He should redirect entirely to those things. The best way to convey his disdain for Stevie or the Mac is to reply to every question about them with supreme detachment. “Stevie? I suppose all is well with her, but you’d need to ask Karen.” “Mick? Oh, he’s enjoying himself, I hear.” “The 2018 tour? I hear it was hugely profitable. Best of luck to the band!”
Totally agree.

I've been concerned about his media strategy as I've commented on different threads. A bit tone-deaf for one. Two, I think he thinks that because of the whole "voyeur" thing as he calls it he has it in his head that that is the game he should have been playing/should play now to get media attention. He says in the Times interview something about recognizing that the personal details between the band members is what got them so much attention and he's using that strategy now for promoting this album. Bad call.

But part of the reason he’s so open about his tumultuous past few years, he says, is because he knows that drama helps fans invest in his music.

Found the quote:
“That was part of the appeal of ‘Rumours,’” he says, referring to the 1977 Fleetwood Mac album that was created while the band members were in the midst of affairs, addictions and breakups. “I think there’s a little element of that out there right now. It’s sort of humanizing. The fact that I got [this album] out at all finally is sort of a nice thing for people to think, ‘Oh, cool, he’s still doing it.’"

No, LB, it's not going to help here. Sure it'll get media attention, but is it good attention? I'm skeptical.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Speaking of $tevie $hrines.....
Haha.

In all honesty I do not have any shrines...just had a conversation with friends the other day that I actually do not have any physical music anymore...got rid of everything when I moved to NYC 15 years ago. All digital now, same with tv and film. I never have been into memorabilia other than getting one t-shirt per concert.

But the closest thing to a shrine I have are my books...I guess I have an Agatha Christie shrine with all of her novels and story collections...while I made the digital transition for music, I am too attached to physical books so only do ebook when I have to.