Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"melodies awaken sorrows from their sleep," Michele
Wow, I always thought I was the only one, but that's a line that has always touched me too from the moment I heard it when I was 17. Brilliant.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Ledgie

Swing low sweet chariot
Giving us back our youth
When they finally come to bury us
Maybe then, we'll tell the truth

I listen to The End of Time over and over just to hear that part. I cannot wait for this album.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was listening to Great Day and now that we have Seeds (almost) and IYD, the Great Day lyrics seemed to link with those newer tunes in my head. Obviously, they all contain very common words and phrases that all songwriters (or writers in general) use to death, so there's no real connection, but as Jake said to Brett, "isn't it pretty to think so?"

"star-crossed lover" reminds me of Stars.

Her heart was broken reminds me of You're Not the One.

And the ashes in the ocean and dark and burning day remind me of "fire still burning" and the lyrics in Wide Sargasso Sea.

The mirrors in her eyes remind me of an older song: Landslide and I think it's a nice way of saying that when you look at this person, look into their soul through their eyes, you see yourself.

Michele
Old 06-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was listening to Great Day and now that we have Seeds (almost) and IYD, the Great Day lyrics seemed to link with those newer tunes in my head. Obviously, they all contain very common words and phrases all songwriters (or writers in general) use to death, so there's no real connection, but as Jake said to Brett, "isn't it pretty to think so?"

"star-crossed lover" reminds me of Stars.

Her heart was broken reminds me of You're Not the One.

And the ashes in the ocean and dark and burning day remind me of "fire still burning" and the lyrics in Wide Sargasso Sea.

The mirrors in her eyes remind me of an older song: Landslide and I think it's a nice way of saying that when you look at this person, look into their soul through their eyes, you see yourself.

Michele
I disagree with your opinion that there's no real connection. His songs don't always contain common words and phrases that all songwriters use to death, only Stevie.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Correcting lyrics

^BumpingThis.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Man, first she's hiding in his room (Great Day), now she's hiding outside his door.

Michele
Old 08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Man, first she's hiding in his room (Great Day), now she's hiding outside his door.

Michele
Peeping and a hiding.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Added new lyrics and corrected what I could make out.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Rock Away Blind

Pretty sure its "For your love, I must be on time" in RAB.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Agree with Zach. I also think it's "I won't look for what I might find" - fits with the next line better.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Added new lyrics and corrected what I could make out.
That was so nice of you!!! You rock.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
That was so nice of you!!! You rock.
Thanks, Nico!

If anyone has the lyrics and can confirm missing lines or any other changes that would be cool.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that if he's saying, waiting for my ocean to rise and he looked into her dungeon and saw her secret that those are rather erotic lines.

I love the Gone Too Far lyrics, but if I surmise they were about Stevie I have to giggle. She doeesn't know any of his songs. She might have a vague idea of the GYOW lyrics, but I'd say that's about it.

Michele
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think that if he's saying, waiting for my ocean to rise and he looked into her dungeon and saw her secret that those are rather erotic lines.

I love the Gone Too Far lyrics, but if I surmise they were about Stevie I have to giggle. She doeesn't know any of his songs. She might have a vague idea of the GYOW lyrics, but I'd say that's about it.

Michele
Ya think? I bet she knows all of 'em - she definitely knows NGBA or at least that one line.

Reminds me of some SYW tour reviews I read when Stevie would stay onstage for Red Rover and be singing along even though she didn't sing on it and wasn't near the mic.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-05-2011 at 09:23 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Ya think? I bet she knows all of 'em - she definitely knows NGBA or at least that one line.

Reminds me of some SYW tour reviews I read when Stevie would stay onstage for Red Rover and be singing along even though she didn't sing on it and wasn't near the mic.
I agree. I even remember her saying she knows certain songs are about her. And, in the context of the song (for argument's sake), it actually fits. I think, given their relationship, what could be more ... ugh, geez. What am I trying to say? OK-IF their songs really reveal more of what they feel than they actually ever SAY, waking up and singing one of his songs suggests, on perhaps an unconscious level, that she "gets" all of it. The whole shebang of their relationship and what it has meant to him.

Of course, it could be about some other former lover who was musically inclined and publicly critical of his work...for argument's sake.