Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. Terrible.

I watched the America's Next Top Model Re-Run more than Idol.

Bottom Three:

Lisa
Ace
Bucky
Old 03-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG, last nite everyone sucked! When Ace pulled back his shirt and rubbed his scar, I threw up in my mouth alittle. Please go away. I thought it might be fun to keep him around for eye candy but that "deer in the headlights" look is getting sickening.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
OMG, last nite everyone sucked! When Ace pulled back his shirt and rubbed his scar, I threw up in my mouth alittle. Please go away. I thought it might be fun to keep him around for eye candy but that "deer in the headlights" look is getting sickening.

I agree, did you see the way he was 'shaking w/ emotion' as he held the last note of the song, please, give me a break. and the scar thing, ugh.

Lisa was awful, Bucky was almost as awful.

What was Chris thinking w/ that song?? same w/ Mandisa and kelly, what odd choices.

The only one I actually liked last night was Taylor.

-Lis
Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I agree, did you see the way he was 'shaking w/ emotion' as he held the last note of the song, please, give me a break. and the scar thing, ugh.

Lisa was awful, Bucky was almost as awful.

What was Chris thinking w/ that song?? same w/ Mandisa and kelly, what odd choices.

The only one I actually liked last night was Taylor.

-Lis
Totally agree with everything you said, Lis. When I saw his hand shaking, I was like, "Did you SEE that?!"

The whole show was such a bummer for me. I actually don't even care WHO gets voted off tonight.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Worst. Night. Ever. This really proved to me that most current music sucks ass. These were the best songs they could find? Ugh.

Mandisa, Elliot, Paris & Chris were all OK, nothing more. Sad that they were the best, and still nothing special. Bucky - eh, it's not like that's a hard song to sing.

Katherine - the whole time I'm going "wow, she is SO out of tune, they're going to tear her apart." Um. OK. And wtf did they dress her in? Sheebus.

Lisa should go, she was definitely off. BTW - I did my weekly call to everyone to see what the status was - at 9:25 (earliest I've ever gotten through) I was able to vote for every sinlge person exept Taylor.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Worst. Night. Ever. This really proved to me that most current music sucks ass. These were the best songs they could find? Ugh.

Mandisa, Elliot, Paris & Chris were all OK, nothing more. Sad that they were the best, and still nothing special. Bucky - eh, it's not like that's a hard song to sing.

Katherine - the whole time I'm going "wow, she is SO out of tune, they're going to tear her apart." Um. OK. And wtf did they dress her in? Sheebus.

Lisa should go, she was definitely off. BTW - I did my weekly call to everyone to see what the status was - at 9:25 (earliest I've ever gotten through) I was able to vote for every sinlge person exept Taylor.
Yes, Lisa should go. She was just bad. Or Ace, who was just ridiculous. I thought Taylor's vocal was the best, though he could have picked a more interesting song. Or at least a song that didn't repeat the same lyric five times in a row, over and over. I actually thought he looked sort of good in his leather jacket. Yes, he looked "styled," but it kind of worked for him.

I think they are deliberately trying to make Katharine look terrible in her clothes. Why else would they pick hideous outfits week after week? I did like her jewelry, but I was underwhelmed by the performance.

Paris and Elliot were okay. I'm tired of Chris and his grungy rock thing. He's the only contestant who won't compromise, according to Simon. Well, it's time to compromise and try something different. Bucky sucked royally when HE stepped out of his comfort zone, but at least he tried.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wasn't all that impressed with Mandisa for the first time in this competition. I think Simon was right, that song was a bit self indulgent.

I think Chris just wanted to yell at everyone I kinda liked it even though it was a Creed song (hate Creed), but yeah, your average A.I. viewer probably couldn't get with it. I think the judges are sitting there thinking, hmmm, what will we do with this guy if he wins? He's not your typical A.I. fare, he'll scare away the teeny-boppers!

I loved Taylor, I also thought Paris sounded great. Everyone else...blah.

Lisa...double blah. She needs to leave tonight.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how Chris made a point to say he loves Live and that the rendition of Walk the Line from last week was their version. What's that saying? Oh yeah, a day late...
Old 03-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I love how Chris made a point to say he loves Live and that the rendition of Walk the Line from last week was their version.

I didn't know that! Wow. I was wondering how he pulled that out of his ass.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My boss just came in and said she heard on the radio that there was a problem with the numbers (Taylor's number was on the screen during Mandisa's performance) and they may have to redo the calling, with the results show on Thursday. Anyone else hear that?

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 03-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I didn't know that! Wow. I was wondering how he pulled that out of his ass.
I said that with a hint of sarcasm. IMO, and there could be things I missed, but he took the credit for altering that song and making it his own last week when, in fact, it sounds identical to Live's version. Live released some statement talking about that fact and then last night Chris acknowledges it...just a little strange.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At first, I thought Taylor was gonna butcher "Trouble." But, surprise! I loved the arrangement and thought he was one of the best last night.

I also liked Paris, and agree that Chris needs to try something new.

And yeah - wtf Katherine? Horrible! Sharps and flats all over the place - just like last week when she blew it at the end of the song. Like I was sayin' - the judges will fawn all over anyone who sucks - as long as the producers want them to...and they clearly want Katherine to go far...

Lisa or Bucky (aka Mushmouth) need to go!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I said that with a hint of sarcasm. IMO, and there could be things I missed, but he took the credit for altering that song and making it his own last week when, in fact, it sounds identical to Live's version. Live released some statement talking about that fact and then last night Chris acknowledges it...just a little strange.

Strange indeed. I don't think you're off the mark---I was thinking the whole time he was singing it, how did he arrange this? Did he have help? He couldn't have possibly come up with this. Now I know he didn't. He's just been knocked down a notch on the cool scale. I still like his voice.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Strange indeed. I don't think you're off the mark---I was thinking the whole time he was singing it, how did he arrange this? Did he have help? He couldn't have possibly come up with this. Now I know he didn't. He's just been knocked down a notch on the cool scale. I still like his voice.
oh me too. and I didn't like that song last night, but he did a good job. it makes me really wonder though if he has any originality in him or if he is a just a bar band guy scrambling to be able to sing songs he's sang for years in bars with his band...I really want to see what he sings when there isn't a song or a rendition of a song that is in his comfort zone. let's see him tackle some adult contemporary or jazz.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am tired of the judges saying one thing one week, then saying the opposite the next.

Last week Simon told Chris that he's the first contestant to stand his ground & good job for not trying to be something he's not. This week he tells him that he's gone too far & he can't keep doing whatever he wants.

Several times the judges have complimented people, saying they know who they are & what they're good at. Then they tell them they need to branch out & try something different.

They tell Paris she acts too old, but then tell her her voice is really mature for her age. And I hate to break it to ya Paula, but the was she danced last night IS the way people her age are dancing.

First Taylor looks out of date, now they're dressing him up to be something he's not? Which is it?

Whatever. The judges serve no realy purpose anyway.