User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
do you mean, you hope you know their name? It's so weird that nice big white teeth could make someone sick...
I hope I know their name. I probably missed it...but, then again, I probably didn't ask.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I hope I know their name. I probably missed it...but, then again, I probably didn't ask.
Noway! someone who doesn't drink couldn't possibly accomplish that level of sleaziness on a regular basis!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Noway! someone who doesn't drink couldn't possibly accomplish that level of sleaziness on a regular basis!
You never know...I have before.

Old 11-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Any way you slice it, selling the house now is financially a bad move. I am not sure that is what you meant though.
I agree with you. It's a bad financial move. I don't know if the Buckinghams realize it. I think the T&C article was done with the intent to show off the house on purpose. I think they intended to sell it from at least that long ago if not from the begining of the project. I agree that it's a financial mistake unless the costs to rebuild stripped more from the piggy bank than they thought it would. Hell if I know.

-
Old 11-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Yeah, she said one line was about him. If you know for a fact that the entire song is about Lindsey Buckingham, I'm all ears.
In the SYW Doc- The part where she's sitting on the couch talking about TD. She admits that it's about Lindsey. She says basically: Thrown Down is a song that was written on the last tour, the Dance tour, and in it's own weird way about my relationship with Lindsey.... you get to a point in your life when you can write philosophically on these things.... and it's great that Lindsey and I can write things that are about each other and were about each other and still mean something to us now.

[That is not a direct quote but the gist of what she said. ]

Yeah I deleted my snarkiness jab at David on the SN board because I reviewed what he said and realized it wasn't really that terrible [what he said to me.] Are we not allowed to delete posts here on the grand old Ledge? Or do we have to run everything by you, Dissention, to prevent you from bringing it up several times in a completely different forum (after the fact)? Funny, I thought John Ashcroft resigned.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
Yeah I deleted my snarkiness jab at David on the SN board because I reviewed what he said and realized it wasn't really that terrible [what he said to me.] Are we not allowed to delete posts here on the grand old Ledge? Or do we have to run everything by you, Dissention, to prevent you from bringing it up several times in a completely different forum (after the fact)? Funny, I thought John Ashcroft resigned.
Ooh, sarcasm, too. Love it!

I simply found it funny that you extolled someone else for the same behavior you displayed. At least have the integrity to be up front about it.

Last edited by dissention; 11-22-2004 at 09:46 AM..
Old 11-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

I'm just a bit worried about his mental health, 's all.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 11-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ooh, sarcasm, too. Love it!

I simply found it funny that you extolled someone else for the same behavior you displayed. At least have the integrity to be up front about it.
Oh, I have pantloads of integrity. Feel free to borrow some of mine if you'd like.

In case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic AND snarky with that particular remark.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I have pantloads of integrity. Feel free to borrow some of mine if you'd like.
Not if it includes creating ugly "specualtion" to pander to the romantics.

Quote:
In case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic AND snarky with that particular remark.
For some reason, I don't buy that, but if you say so.

Last edited by dissention; 11-22-2004 at 12:46 PM..
Old 11-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not if it includes creating ugly "specualtion" to pander to the romantics.

Dis, just so you know, I'm a TERRIBLE liar. I honestly couldn't lie to save my life. I have created nothing here. Take a look at this thread. I've only popped in to try to derail the shipper-hate train. (Certainly hard to do around here on the infamous Liddy Ledge)

I guess we all don't understand the truth when it's glaring right in front of our eyes. Maybe someday you will be more fortunate like us "delusional" romantics. Just because you (you civilized non-shipper, you) don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean it's just ugly speculation.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dis, just so you know, I'm a TERRIBLE liar. I honestly couldn't lie to save my life. I have created nothing here. Take a look at this thread. I've only popped in to try to derail the shipper-hate train. (Certainly hard to do around here on the infamous Liddy Ledge)
There was no "shipper-hate train." I plainly stated that I couldn't wait to hear what the romantics would do with this house hoopla, especially since I hadn't seen or read any of the crazy stories in a long while. If you took that as "shipper-hate," that's your prerogative. I call it as I see it, always have. If I think something's ridiculous, I say so. And the stuff that a lot of you guys spread around with such glee is off-putting. Honestly, how in the world would any of you know whether or not Lindsey is still in love with Stevie and vice-versa? How would any of you know whether he married his wife just because she got pregnant? How would any of you know whether his wife is a "bitch" or not? It grows more absurd each time. I don't begrudge anyone who believes such things, but I think it's rather classless for people (not you) to sit around the dude's hotel bar to see which busty blonde he's lusting after. I think it's rather desperate to read into the stupidest things in an interview, analyze them, get a few dates together where they showed "passion" onstage, and then proclaim that they're passionately in love.

I gossip, as Johnny Stew pointed out, about celebrities and I like to do so. But I don't actively create it or believe it. It's fun to throw around, but it doesn't mean anything because I know nothing about them and their personal lives and I don't take anything as fact.

Quote:
I guess we all don't understand the truth when it's glaring right in front of our eyes. Maybe someday you will be more fortunate like us "delusional" romantics. Just because you (you civilized non-shipper, you) don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean it's just ugly speculation.
Your idea of truth is unsubstantiated gossip, so if that's what you mean when you say I don't understand the "truth," you're absolutely right and quite astute. To see a facial expression at a concert, interpret it, and then proclaim it as "THE truth" is bogus and you know it. And even when someone says "something went on at this concert," another person pipes up and says that isn't what happened at all. People see what they want to see, doesn't mean any of it is true.

PS: LOVE the new avatar. That's one of my new favorite movies.

Last edited by dissention; 11-22-2004 at 01:53 PM..
Old 11-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's rather desperate to read into the stupidest things in an interview, analyze them, get a few dates together where they showed "passion" onstage, and then proclaim that they're passionately in love.
My "truth" is not the truth you're referring to here. It's not made up of kisses and hugs and looks and talks or any onstage behavior-- or any interviews for that matter. And you know that's not what I'm talking about as much as I do.
And now, my friends, I'm off like a prom dress! I hope you guys have fun racking your brains trying to figure out why the two-year-old La Casa Buckingham has gone on the market.

Quote:

PS: LOVE the new avatar. That's one of my new favorite movies.
Word. Saved is so awesome!

Last edited by Merf; 11-22-2004 at 01:56 PM..
Old 11-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My "truth" is not the truth you're referring to here. It's not made up of kisses and hugs and looks and talks or any onstage behavior-- or any interviews for that matter. And you know that's not what I'm talking about as much as I do.
That's why I posted, clear as day, that I wasn't necessarily referring to you.

Quote:
And now, my friends, I'm off like a prom dress! I hope you guys have fun racking your brains trying to figure out why the two-year-old La Casa del Buckingham has gone on the market.
I will!

Old 11-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Word. Saved is so awesome!
"She's saying she's got a hot p***y!"

And my favorite:

"Is that Mary at Planned Parenthood? What's she doing there?"
"Why else would a Christian be at a Planned Parenthood clinic?"
"She's planting a PIPE BOMB?!"

Old 11-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
however - I think their "thing" if there was one, was way past.
Thrown Down was written around the time of The Dance tour, supporting your thoughts that it's all in the past. I happen to agree.

Paula

PS - sorry to interupt the debate between the shippers & non-shippers