User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Wow, I didn't think you would post a pic, that is a great picture. I agree that you look great with straight hair as well as curly. Your natural curl is so pretty. gush gush.

What kind of flat iron did you get? I have one that works pretty well but it has this thingy that sticks out and my hair gets caught in it so I may get a new one.
Thanks Suze The brand is Corioliss. They have vendor carts in a lot of malls where they accost random curly-haired people for demonstrations. I like it though, because it's relatively small. I loved your hair with the natural wave in it, but I bet you'd look great with it completely straightened too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Damn. All the gorgeous girls are straight.
Right? Sue (both of them!), Paula, Marissa, Livia...

That's how I feel seeing all the attractive gay men on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecricket2
Tiffany, I saw your pic and I was like, "gee, that's a gorgeous pic of Tiffany, but something's different..." LOL, duh. My sister got me a straightener for my birthday in February, and I have YET to use it. I just don't like spending that much time on my hair. I'm so lazy. I should really try it soon.
Thanks Lisa. You already have beautiful straight hair though. If it's naturally the way it is in your pictures, it doesn't look like you need to spend much time on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
How old are you Enchanted? You look like...mmm...early 20s? Love that pic of you. HOTTIE!
Close, 19. You're pretty hot yourself!! I see you've already left a string of broken hearts on this board
Old 07-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedSLN

Right? Sue (both of them!), Paula, Marissa, Livia...

That's how I feel seeing all the attractive gay men on this board
Hey, I am straight, too.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:

Close, 19. You're pretty hot yourself!! I see you've already left a string of broken hearts on this board

Hardly...it's all in good fun. But, there are a lot of beautiful women here and I meant it when I said it! =T
Old 07-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks Lisa. You already have beautiful straight hair though. If it's naturally the way it is in your pictures, it doesn't look like you need to spend much time on it!
Aw, thanks, but unfortunately, it's not. I have to blowdry it straight and then use a curling iron with a very large barrell to get it to look like that. It's naturally just plain unruly. The hair that grows off the top of my head is wavy in a way that's inconsistent and hard to control, and then the hair that grows out lower down, closer to the nape of my neck, is pretty much ringlets of curls. When I was little I looked like frickin' Shirley Temple, but that was cute. Then random parts of my hair decided to straighten while the rest of it stayed curly. So I never know what to do w/ my hair. It usually doesn't look as good as I have it in the pictures I've shown, . My sister (who's a hairdresser) is always encouraging me to straighten it. But sometimes, if I just let it airdry, it looks good, while other times it looks like ass. It's a crapshoot.
'Cause when I look down, I just miss all the good stuff
and when I look up, I just trip over things."
-Ani Difranco
Old 07-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecricket2
Aw, thanks, but unfortunately, it's not. I have to blowdry it straight and then use a curling iron with a very large barrell to get it to look like that. It's naturally just plain unruly. The hair that grows off the top of my head is wavy in a way that's inconsistent and hard to control, and then the hair that grows out lower down, closer to the nape of my neck, is pretty much ringlets of curls. When I was little I looked like frickin' Shirley Temple, but that was cute. Then random parts of my hair decided to straighten while the rest of it stayed curly. So I never know what to do w/ my hair. It usually doesn't look as good as I have it in the pictures I've shown, . My sister (who's a hairdresser) is always encouraging me to straighten it. But sometimes, if I just let it airdry, it looks good, while other times it looks like ass. It's a crapshoot.
Japanese straigtening varies in expense depending on hair length and hair type but it works really well. If not, you could always try a variation straigtening which is more temporary than the Japanese if you wanted to straighten it (but I think natural curls look very nice). < / salon talk> I chopped my hair today--somehow one inch turned into a little more than two and long layers
Old 07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Japanese straigtening varies in expense depending on hair length and hair type but it works really well. If not, you could always try a variation straigtening which is more temporary than the Japanese if you wanted to straighten it (but I think natural curls look very nice). < / salon talk> I chopped my hair today--somehow one inch turned into a little more than two and long layers
Thanks for the advice--despite my griping, I do like the waves, so the idea of a chemical straightening scares me a bit--also I'm not sure about it since any chemical treatment damages the hair, and I already get dyejobs so I don't want to overdo it. But thank you!

Oh, and I think your new 'do requires another posting! I bet it looks really good!
-Ani Difranco
Old 07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't posted a recent picture of me, so I decided I would put one up since everyone else has. Also, I finally have one to put up from July 4th, otherwise it would have been the same picture you guys have already seen. No making fun of me now.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 07-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
I haven't posted a recent picture of me, so I decided I would put one up since everyone else has. Also, I finally have one to put up from July 4th, otherwise it would have been the same picture you guys have already seen. No making fun of me now.
Wow, great pic! Hubba hubba!
-Ani Difranco
Old 07-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:

No way! You are very pretty. Hey, where in TN do you live? I grew up in Cleveland, TN. Live in Chattanooga for a few years. My mom still lives in Athens, TN which is between Knoxville and Cleveland.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Very pretty Love the hair!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Very pretty Love the hair!
Thanks, very sweet of you not to make fun and actually compliment me. It isn't the best picture of me, but that is all I have. I had to photoshop cut it out of a group picture of the family.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, very sweet of you not to make fun and actually compliment me. It isn't the best picture of me, but that is all I have.
There's nothing to make fun of! You are adorable .
Old 07-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's nothing to make fun of! You are adorable .
Agreed.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Hey, I am straight, too.
It was not all-inclusive... there was an ellipses! You're very pretty, I love your dark hair and light eyes.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for all the compliments you guys.