User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2023, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I love how they did it on the Say You Will tour. Once it went back to a LB only presentation it has gotten increasingly slow seemingly every time he plays it.
Yes! It was uptempo with Mick on drums.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh yeah, I remember reading those comments all the time about being one of the chosen!!

That was the tour of Stevie’s lasso dance during Say You Will and Lindsey’s Come finger…wow what kind of sentence did I just write!?
🤣🤣🤣

There was also that sparring hug fight thing S&L did at the end of Tusk on that tour. I don’t think I can make it nearly as interesting sounding as “Lindsey’s Come finger”
Old 04-22-2023, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes! It was uptempo with Mick on drums.
Yep. All 4 of them on stage. It had a nice feel and wasn’t anything like the slow dirge that it became later.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. All 4 of them on stage. It had a nice feel and wasn’t anything like the slow dirge that it became later.
same during Lindsey's solo Soundstage with only him and SN on stage - great fast version (even with that little blip/mess-up in it).

it's not really a band vs no band or band vs solo question, just whether he does slow or regular version makes all the difference. and in most cases he would do different versions solo first, and then just take them to FM tour. like the acoustic Big Love and Go Insane that he was doing solo first years before bringing it to The Dance FM tour.

i don't think his fingers can physically play too many fast acoustic intricate songs in a single night anymore. so i don't see us ever getting regular tempo NGBA live again. which is fine, i'd rather see his newer songs with intricate guitar work actually played live, like Rock Away Blind or Love Is Here To Stay. that's a current-day treat, NGBA is history.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2023, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't think his fingers can physically play too many fast acoustic intricate songs in a single night anymore. so i don't see us ever getting regular tempo NGBA live again. which is fine, i'd rather see his newer songs with intricate guitar work actually played live, like Rock Away Blind or Love Is Here To Stay. that's a current-day treat, NGBA is history.
I wish he would leave NGBA and Trouble out his set.
Also, release a new song Lindsey!
Old 04-22-2023, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I wish he would leave NGBA and Trouble out his set.
Also, release a new song Lindsey!
he will. patience!

i agree on NGBA and Trouble, but i don't think that will ever happen. even slowed down NGBA gets rousing response from casual / FM fans who go to LB solo shows only knowing FM stuff and Trouble (also Holiday Road, which he skips on most tours and it's always a huge crowd pleaser!). he almost skipped Trouble at several solo tours and always added it back in the last moment.

that was another great thing about BuckVie tour - the songs they did were great versions, they were rocking, setlist was flowing and they had funny little banter in between. and they dared to skip hits like Don't Stop, Second Hand News, Songbird, The Chain, and Big Love, normal mainstays of their/'FM setlists, in favor of new songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2023, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he will. patience!

i agree on NGBA and Trouble, but i don't think that will ever happen. even slowed down NGBA gets rousing response from casual / FM fans who go to LB solo shows only knowing FM stuff and Trouble (also Holiday Road, which he skips on most tours and it's always a huge crowd pleaser!). he almost skipped Trouble at several solo tours and always added it back in the last moment.

that was another great thing about BuckVie tour - the songs they did were great versions, they were rocking, setlist was flowing and they had funny little banter in between. and they dared to skip hits like Don't Stop, Second Hand News, Songbird, The Chain, and Big Love, normal mainstays of their/'FM setlists, in favor of new songs.
EIGHT new songs in the show was a miracle!
Old 04-22-2023, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like it Steve! But no way they were gonna do anything without Stevie even in 1998. Instead they preferred to dick around for 5 years.
They knew long before the tour there was no chance of that material being released or toured by the classic Fleetwood Mac. Christine made it clear at the start of The Dance that she was leaving after it was finished. Given she’d already retired from touring, her pulling the plug after the first leg was completely predictable. Also just as predictable was Stevie returning to her solo work after The Dance tour ended.

It should have been obvious that releasing and touring that album as an offshoot was the only way that material was going to get any momentum from The Dance. Tours of Europe and Oceana/Japan should have been booked right after Christine called it quits (serving as de facto Fleetwood Mac tours) and the album should have been released around the HoF ceremony.

But, as Elle has pointed out, they have terrible business sense.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 04-22-2023 at 09:31 PM..
Old 04-23-2023, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They were masters at pissing an entire decade away between projects. If only they could have had a run of new material like Lindsey did from 2006-2011. Lindsey sure tried.
Old 04-23-2023, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They were masters at pissing an entire decade away between projects. If only they could have had a run of new material like Lindsey did from 2006-2011. Lindsey sure tried.
I do think after Trouble in Shangri-La Stevie went along with her management and Irving's orders that she do hit tours starting with a Vegas residency in 2005, a co-headline with Henley, Australia with a never released symphony concert, Crystal Visions Tour 2007, Soundstage dvd and album, Crystal Visions Tour 2008. So when Lindsey wanted to make new music before Unleashed, Stevie just wanted to do the old stuff (though she got to do Storms which was never done live before and Say You Love me which hadn't been done in 10 years). I think the only reason she did 3 songs on the Extended Play in 2012 was because she had become an artist again by releasing her 2011 album In Your Dreams. When that didn't sell to her liking, in 2014 she/her management thought she could ride the Chris reunion wave and American Horror Story wave to get 24 Karat Gold Songs from the Vault to be a Top 5 album, and it didn't work. Had Stevie done the 2014 Fleetwood Mac album recording, that album would have debuted at at least #3. The 24 Karat Gold album was a way of Stevie showing FM that she didn't need them and that she could record her own album.

Then in 2016 she decided to tour that album and barely played any songs from it. And now what has Stevie done since that 24 Karat Gold Tour, basically tours in the spirit of the 2005-2010 Tours. It stinks as a hardcore fan of her.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 04-23-2023 at 08:27 AM..
Old 04-24-2023, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do think after Trouble in Shangri-La Stevie went along with her management and Irving's orders that she do hit tours starting with a Vegas residency in 2005, a co-headline with Henley, Australia with a never released symphony concert, Crystal Visions Tour 2007, Soundstage dvd and album, Crystal Visions Tour 2008. So when Lindsey wanted to make new music before Unleashed, Stevie just wanted to do the old stuff (though she got to do Storms which was never done live before and Say You Love me which hadn't been done in 10 years). I think the only reason she did 3 songs on the Extended Play in 2012 was because she had become an artist again by releasing her 2011 album In Your Dreams. When that didn't sell to her liking, in 2014 she/her management thought she could ride the Chris reunion wave and American Horror Story wave to get 24 Karat Gold Songs from the Vault to be a Top 5 album, and it didn't work. Had Stevie done the 2014 Fleetwood Mac album recording, that album would have debuted at at least #3. The 24 Karat Gold album was a way of Stevie showing FM that she didn't need them and that she could record her own album.

Then in 2016 she decided to tour that album and barely played any songs from it. And now what has Stevie done since that 24 Karat Gold Tour, basically tours in the spirit of the 2005-2010 Tours. It stinks as a hardcore fan of her.
Stevie definitely admitted during the press interviews for In Your Dreams that she was advised in 2005-ish to focus her energy on touring instead of making albums. She didn't get specific on who exactly gave her that advice. Looking back, she really used her "3 year rule" as a means to avoid working with the band. She always talked up to being a wise way to not oversaturate the market with Fleetwood Mac, but it was really all about avoiding another recording project with the band.

Not to go off topic but...I'm still curious about the details around the 24k Gold album and her allegation that it was a contractual obligation that forced her hand into getting it done via two weeks in Nashville. I have a really hard time believing that her management and lawyers somehow forgot about an album on the books amongst the planning of two massive Fleetwood Mac tours (2013 & 2014) Something really doesn't add up, IMO. Did her team think that would be fulfilled by participating in a new Fleetwood Mac album with Christine and realized she was dead set on not participating? Or was it just an ego driven revenge move when she caught wind of Buckingham McVie moving forward without her, the contractual obligation part being totally made up.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-24-2023 at 09:35 AM..
Old 04-24-2023, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the only reason she did 3 songs on the Extended Play in 2012 was because she had become an artist again by releasing her 2011 album In Your Dreams.
I always assumed she did the EP to placate Lindsey and get him to agree to a Fleetwood Mac tour. In those pre-Christine returning days, she didn’t have the power she got once Chris was back and her star had regained a following with AHS. I feel like Lindsey wasn’t going to tour without something new in the set and was demanding a new album and she placated him with the EP. She needed him to agree then and he was probably content to wait her out and do more solo work. Her solo career was just coming off of that nonsense thing she did with Rod Stewart which she appeared to hate.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think her participation in the EP was actually one of the most organic, non-business driven decisions she had made in a long time. She asked Lindsey to work on Soldiers Angel which got them working together in the first place. She spoke about hanging out at Lindsey's house and having a great time, he also hung out at her house to record SA.

For a minute in 2013 it really looked like a Buckingham Nicks reissue package was on the table that would include the newly reworked "Without You" If my memory is correct, there was some sort of difference in opinion between releasing it with original demos or reworked demos. I don't remember who was onboard for what. It all fizzled out by the time the tour got underway and it was never talked about again. Shocking!
Old 04-24-2023, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think her participation in the EP was actually one of the most organic, non-business driven decisions she had made in a long time. She asked Lindsey to work on Soldiers Angel which got them working together in the first place. She spoke about hanging out at Lindsey's house and having a great time, he also hung out at her house to record SA.

For a minute in 2013 it really looked like a Buckingham Nicks reissue package was on the table that would include the newly reworked "Without You" If my memory is correct, there was some sort of difference in opinion between releasing it with original demos or reworked demos. I don't remember who was onboard for what. It all fizzled out by the time the tour got underway and it was never talked about again. Shocking!
That's true, but the fact that she did not contribute a new song to the EP was also telling. By this time she was hoarding whatever new material she had for her solo career.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
That's true, but the fact that she did not contribute a new song to the EP was also telling. By this time she was hoarding whatever new material she had for her solo career.
That’s the thing, though. Outside of “Lady,” she didn’t have any new material.

THE Stephen Hopkins