The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice beautiful floor along with your Christmas table setting Viv.

Love that Farrah skateboard photo in your sig.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Nice beautiful floor along with your Christmas table setting Viv.Love that Farrah skateboard photo in your sig.
Thanks Skip.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thanks Skip.
No problem Mark.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
That sounds like a horrible illness - hope you are feeling better now.

JTIS....
There is an exhibition in my local café of illustrations by a local artist. The theme is the Mabinogion - the collection of 11 medieval welsh stories. One of the paintings is Rhiannon with her horse and birds. As I'm a big Stevie fan, and Stevie is a big Rhiannon fan, I thought it was best that I purchase a print of it - a late Christmas present to myself. Its a fantastic picture. When I attach things they always come out small, and I don't know how to make them bigger so...
You can also see the picture at her blogsite http://lucyburns.blogspot.co.uk/
Cheers for the info
Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Cheers for the info
You are welcome
Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those of you that have cable TV .I just got hit with a $1.50 Broadcast TV fee added to my monthly bill.This is Comcast .Other probably or have follow suit.

Info here .

http://www.multichannel.com/cable-op...-tv-fee/146867

Hey If locals and network start having quality programs to watch then reality shows,infomercials and more time cut out of good series like CSI to load more ads into the time slot. I would be not complaining about the surcharge.

It looks like I will be going to use TVFreeload,Hulu,YouTube and others more when I finally cut the cable cord for good soon.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those of you that have cable TV .I just got hit with a $1.50 Broadcast TV fee added to my monthly bill.This is Comcast .
I'm sure that dollar fifty will sink your ship. I have Comcast also. I just get the basic channels and it costs me 6.00 a month. I rarely turn it on. I haven't watched tv in two years but I am considering tuning in again. I'll find something interesting on the big three.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those of you that have cable TV .I just got hit with a $1.50 Broadcast TV fee added to my monthly bill.This is Comcast .Other probably or have follow suit.

Info here .

http://www.multichannel.com/cable-op...-tv-fee/146867

Hey If locals and network start having quality programs to watch then reality shows,infomercials and more time cut out of good series like CSI to load more ads into the time slot. I would be not complaining about the surcharge.

It looks like I will be going to use TVFreeload,Hulu,YouTube and others more when I finally cut the cable cord for good soon.
Comcast SUCKS! Unfortunately, DISH does as well! So my CC bill was up to what?...$65(it's been about 4 years, so IDK how much expanded basic is now), so I went with DISH. GUARANTEED $14.99 for the first year, and $34.99 after that. EXCEPT THEY ARE F*CKING LIARS! About 3 months in, they raised the CONTRACT!!!! rates, and said, "local stations charge more now, so the only was we can honor the contract, is by dropping all your local stations(or raise the price)". So they now extract $55 from my checking account monthly, which is still better than CC, EXCEPT unless it's snowing, or raining, or even SPRINKLING, then you're left with "complete signal loss" for hours. If I wasn't addicted to the Food Network, HGTV, and TVLAND, I'd just tell em to shove it, and go to CC basic $20 package. THEY ALL SUCK!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm sure that dollar fifty will sink your ship. I have Comcast also. I just get the basic channels and it costs me 6.00 a month. I rarely turn it on. I haven't watched tv in two years but I am considering tuning in again. I'll find something interesting on the big three.
Yes. It sinks my ship on ripping the subscribers off.They fall into the same dept as the big corrupt oil companies .$6 bucks a month WOW .I only got the basic 26 channels and I pay $30 bucks for it with all the extra BS charges they tack on the bill.With those extra charges .Its like those inflated convenience fees from Ticketbasturd tacked on our concert tix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Comcast SUCKS! Unfortunately, DISH does as well! So my CC bill was up to what?...$65(it's been about 4 years, so IDK how much expanded basic is now), so I went with DISH. GUARANTEED $14.99 for the first year, and $34.99 after that. EXCEPT THEY ARE F*CKING LIARS! About 3 months in, they raised the CONTRACT!!!! rates, and said, "local stations charge more now, so the only was we can honor the contract, is by dropping all your local stations(or raise the price)". So they now extract $55 from my checking account monthly, which is still better than CC, EXCEPT unless it's snowing, or raining, or even SPRINKLING, then you're left with "complete signal loss" for hours. If I wasn't addicted to the Food Network, HGTV, and TVLAND, I'd just tell em to shove it, and go to CC basic $20 package. THEY ALL SUCK!
My sister has Dish and she hates it.Yes she had to go out to brush the snow off the dish to watch TV.Maybe they should put a heater coil in the dish to melt the snow on it.She said she will go with ATT U-verse as soon as her package runs out. I have ATT U-verse for my internet ISP and it works great.I had problem with it with modems crapping out .Dropping connection at times but they were quick to fix the problems.

Plus I want to add .Why us subscribers get stuck with channels that we never tune in and watch.ESPN and other sports channels come to me since I'm not a sports fan like I used to be.

ESPN is the most expensive channel with their per subscriber fees of approx $5 to $6 bucks a month on the subscribers bill.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ESPN is the most expensive channel with their per subscriber fees of approx $5 to $6 bucks a month on the subscribers bill.
ESPN is the one I miss the most.

I cut the cable over a year ago. Those jokers
aren't getting anymore of my money.

And I think life is a little better without so
much TV.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

vivfox that cat picture is so sweet - he/she is trying to look so fierce and its probably tiny. It looks like a kitten.

Here's one of my favourites
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images (2).jpg (5.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-25-2014, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

JTIS some more Ukulele covers that I found. There is something here for everyone - Gaga fans, Spaghetti Western fans, Bond fans and anyone who lives in NZ.

The Good The Bad and The Ugly theme tune

Kings of Leon - The Bucket

Lady Gaga - Born This Way

The Bond theme tune
Old 03-26-2014, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well let's see, I don't know if it's correct to post this picture here, but it's about Lindsey, and watching the last pics on his thread, lot of them from the OOTC days, I want to share with you what came yesterday!!!!
I had a FLAC copy of the album, but well, obviously nothing compares to the original CD, which completes the first part of my collection, with L&O and Go Insane, the last one on cassette...
Here the Lindsey albums are really hard to find, so I took the first chance, of course!

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!
Regards! (and sorry for the quality...)
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After watching a video of John Lennon laughing, circa 1964, I think I have fallen in love with him.
Just thought I'd share.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Didn't know where else to post this though considered starting a thread for it I this forum because its Mac related but a game. I came up with this silly idea with my best friend where (due to him not being much of a lyrics guy) he asks me questions- any question, try and stump me and I answer with a Mac lyric that fits. As in he just asked me "Whete should I go on my next vacation?" And I responded with "I like the coastal cities, I like the lights. I lie the way the city blends into the ocean at night..." And he and I being big Stevie fans were playing Mac or Stevie so I also tossed out "I wanna go back to New Orleans. I wanna sing on the streets of the French quarter..."

Anyway I think it's fun and I know many forums play games of sorts. Not sure if anyone else is interested or not but we could answer a question with lyrics (we could do Mac only or Mac plus Lindsey, Stevie, Chris solo songs?) and then ask a new question. Might be silly but why not? Anyone interested? I know people frequently throw in a lyric here and there around here (and I speak in them from time to time) so I figure I can't be alone in this and there's so many gems. Or it could get funny or whatever. Anyone in?