Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
gawd No ! make it stop !
I've never tried to visualize ANY senior citizens being naked!

(no offense to any senior citizens here)
Old 05-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
another great interview from a year ago that just popped up on my feed, talking about what was going on new album -

http://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/going-...-sunday-times/

(for naysayers who say there was never a plan for an album)
Yeah, I remember that interview and getting that sinking feeling that the album might not happen. Stevie's attitude was so clearly against continued work. But then, in December, she tosses off that the new album will come, and that there are plenty of songs. That's what started this thread. Then Christine chimes in a few months later with a bit of a clearer timeline which appears not to have been followed. "Fans will have to be patient," she said. Oh, I don't know: I think putting up with 2 + years of promising is enough to saint all of us for hanging in there. Patience be damned at this point. They're all old. Even if they don't soon start dying off one by one (a real fear), the quality of their vocal instruments is bound to deteriorate further until new music from these five people will no longer be viable. Yeah, I said it.

The time is now. It's about 25 years overdue.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a previous poster said, Christine has been in Santa Monica recently.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

As a previous poster said, Christine has been in Santa Monica recently.
yes. let's hope that was in order to work on the FM album with Stevie, and not just to visit her old stomping grounds, or just to try in person to talk Stevie into recording.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2016, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Mac probably looking for natural reverberation for the new album without using computer trickery .They need to go find these pipes.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-24-2016, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good Lord I really hope this album see's the light of day. I like Stevie, I really do. I enjoy her solo work and her Mac work and I'm a fan of hers personally as well as the band but holy crap, I do not want to see the inevitable online backlash against her if it comes out that an album never surfaced solely because of her desire not to do one.

So many were excited about Christine rejoining the band and daydreaming about new music (a final album with the famous five-piece) and if its reported that it doesn't happen because she was the hold out......I can't even begin to imagine what horrible things people are going to say about her. I'd prefer the band to remain in the good graces of the public and go out on a high note rather than something like that.

Just give us an album already. Even if it's not that good compared to your previous work, at least you can go out on a creative note and say "You know what? We gave it our best shot."
Old 05-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
How do you know that?
Yikes, sorry. Just saw this. Check Wistla
Old 05-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate that Stevie is taking the heat for being a hold out when Lindsey and Christine both jumped ship for ten and fifteen years respectively. Just because they're aging doesn't make Stevie's alleged trepidation a criminal act. These people are artists. They create when their muses inspire them. To me that translate as I'll get new Mac when and if I do. My life will go on. I'm not expecting a Rumours, a Tusk or anything else. I'd LOVE new music for sure!

That being said, another oldies tour is not in the cards for me. The audience is aging too and the people that have sat behind me have been miserable (not sorry for dancing).
Old 05-24-2016, 09:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

As I've said before, I think they KNOW this is the swan song... And with that, they are going to make this great. Putting something out that's mediocore is just not going to cut it. This is Fleetwood Mac.
The flow of creativity and processs... Takes time....
This mixing is going to take time. Mixing for digital. Mixing for vinyl.
They like to take their bow at the end of the show. And I think their going to want to earn this one.
As much crap as LB took for Tusk, time has shown, he was right. And I think he just might be pushing along those lines... Of taking a deep bow - to the final chapter.. And end of the story.
Cuz god knows he has mentioned those medifores.
I think they are all in it. Period.
Their bond, their history... I Don't think they would disappoint one another.
It'll come......

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 05-24-2016, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I hate that Stevie is taking the heat for being a hold out when Lindsey and Christine both jumped ship for ten and fifteen years respectively. Just because they're aging doesn't make Stevie's alleged trepidation a criminal act. These people are artists. They create when their muses inspire them. To me that translate as I'll get new Mac when and if I do. My life will go on. I'm not expecting a Rumours, a Tusk or anything else. I'd LOVE new music for sure!

That being said, another oldies tour is not in the cards for me. The audience is aging too and the people that have sat behind me have been miserable (not sorry for dancing).
The problem with this is that when they were both done, they were done. She's still part of the band, she's just refusing to take part in full which is where I call b.s. If she wants out then she needs to be out. She can't be part of a band and refuse to take part in full. Even Lindsey knew this and that's why he bowed out. As well as Christine, that's why they didn't let her in on the SYW album because she wouldn't tour behind it. Why Stevie should get special treatment is beyond me, they're all equal members.

And I don't buy that inspiration stuff for a second. Stevie has always, in part, dug up old demo's and used them, hell she just did an entire album of them. No reason she can't do the same thing again this time. She has enough good material sitting in vaults that would make excellent Mac tunes for several albums.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
As I've said before, I think they KNOW this is the swan song... And with that, they are going to make this great. Putting something out that's mediocore is just not going to cut it. This is Fleetwood Mac.
They like to take their bow at the end of the show. And I think their going to want to earn this one.
As much crap as LB took for Tusk, time has shown, he was right. And I think he just might be pushing along those lines... Of taking a deep bow - to the final chapter.. And end of the story.
It'll come......
I respect your optimism but I'm done being patient. We've all been waiting 2.5 years for an album that was publicized before it was finished. We were told it would see the light of day "one way or another." Well, the time is to put it out one way or another, with or without full band participation. They're all too old to let the music sit much longer. "It'll come" isn't cutting it anymore.

If the band would just announce an official timeline and release date, waiting might not be so galling. But they're not even doing that. Unacceptable. They need to respect their fans. I know Stevie's tired. I know they've all just toured. But the majority of the band's serious fans would have preferred they completed a new album before going on the road. But they went on the road and now Stevie cites exhaustion and Mick is talking more about the next tour than the new music. Their greed has put them in this position. And that's just plain crappy for the fans who've stood by them.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 05-24-2016 at 11:32 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
A lot of you are being very unappreciative, greedy, and ridiculous about this.
Not our fault they made a big deal about new music during the tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If this supposed album ever happens, it better not be horrible like SYW, espcially with Christine back.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
If this supposed album ever happens, it better not be horrible like SYW, espcially with Christine back.
I like SYW.It was the last album that got noticed on the radio as they played the crap out of it.I did not hear a peep out of The Mac's EP and Stevie's resent outings on the radio except for internet radio like Iheart.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
It'll come......
Thats a great way to put it.